Whyteleafe turfed out of Church Road; withdraw from Isthmian League

AndyE

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None.
Meanwhile, the management and quite a number of the players who had expected to be at Whyteleafe this season have moved over to Glebe (SCEFL Premier) in Chislehurst.

They started the season on Saturday with a 5-0 away win, and may have to be considered contenders.

Rootn' Tootin'

Junior Team Sub
Don't know if there are any moves afoot to either resurrect Whyteleafe or even start up a Phoenix club.

As for a name, and if it is a new club, is there any bar to be simply known as Whyteleafe

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Starter
Don't know if there are any moves afoot to either resurrect Whyteleafe or even start up a Phoenix club.

As for a name, and if it is a new club, is there any bar to be simply known as Whyteleafe
If they’re simply in abeyance (a bit like Edgware Town did) rather than having folded the actual football club for financial reasons then I guess they could simply return as Whyteleafe….

ReeceD-1993

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Eastleigh FC

I'm sure reformed clubs have to have a slightly different name then they can change to the original after 3 years

Brightside

Reserve Team Regular
I'm sure reformed clubs have to have a slightly different name then they can change to the original after 3 years
They haven't become bankrupt though, they've just left the pyramid. Surely they can restart in grassroots football whenever they like with the same name.

Wwrebel

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Worthing FC
Lingfield are down to play Peacehaven at Whyteleafe's ground this Tues, 3rd Aug, and Egham Town in the Cup on Sat 7th if anyone needs to visit.
There will be no food and drink available to purchase at the game on Tuesday and it is cash only admission according to a tweet from Peacehaven today.

Oxpete

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pompey
They haven't become bankrupt though, they've just left the pyramid. Surely they can restart in grassroots football whenever they like with the same name.

Just like Oxford City did. They resigned from the Isthmian League in 1988 after being evicted from the White House Ground, and didn't play again until joining the South Midland League in 1990.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks