What's going to happen...

derekn

Team{s}
Taunton Town
What is going to be done with the incomplete season's results and tables? Officially, these no longer exist as all results have been expunged, but, personally, I'd like to see them kept as they are, with a note attached saying the league had been cancelled mid-March.

multilevel

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
King's Lynn Town
What is going to be done with the incomplete season's results and tables? Officially, these no longer exist as all results have been expunged, but, personally, I'd like to see them kept as they are, with a note attached saying the league had been cancelled mid-March.
Absolutely. These results have not been expunged in the same way as those of a club which folds. I would like to see NonLeagueMatters retaining the results and tables as a record of the 2019-20 season as far as it went.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Well the only problem I can see is if Steps 3+ are voided and the National League complete the season at the same time as the Step3+ Leagues are starting a new season.

I really can't see that happening. If the PL and EFL and NL decide to finish the current season whenever it is safe then surely the FA will have to realise that their decision was premature as all leagues need to be in the same time frame

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Well the only problem I can see is if Steps 3+ are voided and the National League complete the season at the same time as the Step3+ Leagues are starting a new season.

I really can't see that happening. If the PL and EFL and NL decide to finish the current season whenever it is safe then surely the FA will have to realise that their decision was premature as all leagues need to be in the same time frame
Its a complete mess.

The FA jumped the gun, although I disagree with their decision it should have been all or nothing.

No decision should have been made for another 4/6 weeks. Although I can't see it being clear for a long long while.

They should rescind their decision at once IF possible.

Whatever decision is reached there will be unique problems, transfers / wages / contracts etc.

Last edited:

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
You are right Mr Hod,,, for once.

If the NL and those above determne that their seasons will be completed then there is no reason why Steps 3+can't do the same in the same time frame.

Who know when that will be, we dunnoo.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
You are right Mr Hod,,, for once.

If the NL and those above determne that their seasons will be completed then there is no reason why Steps 3+can't do the same in the same time frame.

Who know when that will be, we dunnoo.
For once, how dare you.

You have enough people having a go at you at moment, you don't want me as well. 😜

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
For once, how dare you.

You have enough people having a go at you at moment, you don't want me as well. 😜
lol :ROFLMAO:

It's just the usual forum member who seems to have picked up a follower. Not a problem for me, easy enough to ignore :)

Climate Change

Youth Team Regular
lol :ROFLMAO:

It's just the usual forum member who seems to have picked up a follower. Not a problem for me, easy enough to ignore :)
Did he pick up this follower on Twitter?.............

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Ooh I've got a follower.
Whatever happened to discuss the post, not the poster?

The vulture

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Ooh I've got a follower.
Whatever happened to discuss the post, not the poster?
That went out of the window on the toxic political thread. With 3 particular posters it is all they do.....mind you they do seem to know so much more than the average Joe.

buckielugger

Junior Team Starter
Its a complete mess.

The FA jumped the gun, although I disagree with their decision it should have been all or nothing.

No decision should have been made for another 4/6 weeks. Although I can't see it being clear for a long long while.

They should rescind their decision at once IF possible.

Whatever decision is reached there will be unique problems, transfers / wages / contracts etc.
Likewise, I also think decision to void all below National League was probably premature.
I think ultimately any decisions on this need to be on a UEFA-wide basis.
All those "international weeks", the Champions Lge/Europa Lge match dates, are all co-ordinated, and the Premier League at least will need to recommence in sync with all the other leagues across Europe.
Now, whether that restart can be to complete this season, or whether it will be to start next season is not yet known.
The duration of this shutdown will surely prove key to all this. And can anyone seriously see us through this even by autumn?
And that being the case, I expect we could see a widescale cancelling of this season (although at least Belgium and the Highland Lge have already gone for the treat-it-as-completed-now solution).

If cancelling IS the decision at the top levels, then yes, everything below then follows suit.
Equally, if the decision is to restart whenever and play another 5 or 6 weeks and finish things off, then again everything below has to follow suit.

Whichever way this goes, by the end of it, it is inevitable that very sadly we will have lost, players, coaches, officials, and supporters to this deadly disease, and clubs, maybe many, will fold.
It will be a very different world.

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Fascinating how non league fans have started arguing that the pro game should dictate what happens in non league. Even when non league decides it wants to do something different.

buckielugger

Junior Team Starter
Fascinating how non league fans have started arguing that the pro game should dictate what happens in non league. Even when non league decides it wants to do something different.
Well if you want non league to have a pyramid linked to the EFL (and I assume you do) then yes, surely things have to be coordinated?

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Absolutely. That doesn't mean one size fits all.

bjm

Ball Boy / Girl
What I do not understand is, if the 2019/20 season is not played to a conclusion, how do the FA authorities get themselves out of a mess should exactly the same situation arrise in say Feb/March
of the 2020/2021 season (heaven forbid)? Personally, I would have thought better to see the 2019/2020 season finalised and then proposals put forward regarding what to do in the advent of
a recurrence of the same situation possibly arrising.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
What I do not understand is, if the 2019/20 season is not played to a conclusion, how do the FA authorities get themselves out of a mess should exactly the same situation arrise in say Feb/March
of the 2020/2021 season (heaven forbid)? Personally, I would have thought better to see the 2019/2020 season finalised and then proposals put forward regarding what to do in the advent of
a recurrence of the same situation possibly arrising.
There's a huge thread on this in the General section. You would be better off posting on there as this one was supposed to be about what happens to the results and tables on this site.

On that note they are staying where they are and will be recorded and archived in the usual way.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks