Wednesday 7th April 2021

barcud-coch

Junior Team Star
Hinton 1 Hereford Pegasus Reserves 4

Broomy Hill: Friendly

This evening saw my first match following a gap of just over three months after having last watched Belmont Wanderers v Tupsley in the Herefordshire FA Women's Development on the first Sunday in January. Hinton had advertised friendlies on their Facebook page, for both their first and reserve teams this week, and it is possible to watch the action from the public road that runs past the ground in a rather quiet area on the edge of Hereford. There were about two dozen people inside the ground watching and many of these appeared to be teenagers. These two teams were using this fixture as part of their preparations towards the resumption of the Herefordshire FA County League on Saturday. The Premier Division has been split into two sections, with tonight's protagonists the top-six competing for the title, despite playing each other just once after the resumption.

The visitors opened the scoring in the 12th minute after emphatically heading home from a free-kick from the left side of the penalty area. Hereford Pegasus Reserves doubled their advantage half an hour later with another header that flew past the Hinton custodian following a cross from the left edge of the penalty area. The home team were handed a golden opportunity to halve the deficit just a couple of minutes later but blazed the spot-kick high over the crossbar. Hinton did find the back of the net 16 minutes into the second-half after a home forward pounced on to a backpass to head past the visiting goalkeeper from close range. Hereford Pegasus regained their two-goal advantage six minutes later when the home custodian was lobbed from nearly 30 yards out and they completed the scoring in the 71st minute when a cross from the right edge of the penalty area was neatly volleyed home at the near post.

2020/21 Statistics
Goals: 269
Matches: 59.5
New Grounds: 1

Mother Benson

Junior Team Hopeful
Yorkshire Amateur League Supreme Division
Toller FC 0 Farsley Celtic Juniors 2 (HT 0-1)
Attendance 31.
3rd from bottom Toller pushed league leaders Farsley all the way in a poor game. Not helped by an awful surface and the fact that the pitch was not marked out properly.
This game was played at the old Eccleshill cricket ground on Harrogate Road. I have watched Bradford League cricket, Rugby League-Victoria Rangers and now football there.It is sad to see it like this ie a total dump. The sad thing is that with a bit of TLC it would be a fine venue.
It still has floodlights but not used tonight.

Last edited:

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
CST&P Group F @ The Redhouse : Purton 3 Swindon AFC 1.
F&N. Att 40 (half of whom were the local yoof for whom social distancing was a concept they'd probably heard about but weren't up for trying).

I'd not previously heard of this competition but it looks interesting ; 32 teams from 7 different leagues, from 5 counties. 8 groups before it evolves into Trophy and Plate competitions.

Tonight's fixture saw Wiltshire League hosting Swindon & District League.

The opening half was dominated by the hosts, although in a rare breakaway a fine finish saw the visitors take the lead. Eventually the impressive visiting keeper was beaten by strikes on 37 & 45. HT 2-1.

Despite changes at the break Purton continued to dominate but couldn't break through. After 64 mins Swindon had the chance to level from the spot but it was blasted wide. A costly miss as 3 minutes later the final goal of the evening was curled in from 20 yards to wrap up Purton's victory.

What should have been an 1815 kick off actually got started at 1822 and despite a 5 minute half time light was really fading when the game concluded at 1959. Tonight's other game was scheduled for an 1830 start.

CST&P is the Cricklade Supreme Trophy and Plate.

HampshireLad

Junior Team Sub
Soton Sat League Senior 1: Hamble United 0 Warsash Wasps 6 (0-5HT). Always a need for me this one ever since I played here as a youth, opposite Hamble College the ground consists of one fully railed pitch with brick built dugouts with two more pitches railed on one side with he same brick dugouts. This was played on the fully railed pitch, Hamble Utd Res 2 Whiteley Eagles 5 was played closest to road. Would be a good addition to HPFL if a team ever used it. Game worst of the season, a properteam would have put 20+ past HU

hantslondoner

Reserve Team Sub
Warsash Wasps lost a friendly at Locks Heath the night before by 2-12 so I think they'll be happy with that result ;-)

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
6.30pm
Yorkshire Amateur League, Div 3
Savile United 1 Lower Hopton reserves 1 (att 45 h/c)

At last an opportunity for a rush hour motorway journey across the Pennines in search of an early evening football match. It's a lot easier than it used to be though, what with so many people, me included, working from home.

Savile United play at Savile Town Playing Field in Dewsbury, which has a single enclosed pitch with grass banking on three sides. It's surrounded by houses and a factory, and has the feel of a venue that might once have staged games in front of large crowds. Perhaps it was a works ground?

Both goals were in the second half. Savile going ahead before conceding just after losing a player who picked up a second booking. A draw was a fair result. The quality was as expected for the league that is, despite being 'division three', the sixth level of this league.

More, as always, on my recently-revived blog, but here's a pic.
DSCF6533.JPG

mids

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Arsenal, Newport IOW, Weymouth
Milborne Sports 1-4 Corfe Castle Reserves
Dorset League Division 4 Cup - at Milborne St Andrew Sports Ground (att. 7)

There are two pitches at this Sports Ground. The main pitch has a roped perimeter and perspex dugouts, and has been used by Poole Town Ladies team, but Milborne Sports play on the lower pitch which has no facilities.

This was a fairly comfortable win for Corfe Castle, whose first team have sat out the season in its entirety. Two goals in the first 10 minutes, and a third before the half-hour mark, put them in total control. Milborne pulled one back immediately after the break, but Corfe soon re-established their three goal lead, and saw the game out as the darkness descended. Hat-trick hero Richard Fieldhouse was a regular in Corfe's Dorset Premier League team last season, as were a couple of his team-mates.

Match photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianmiddlebrook/albums/72157718935407020

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks