Wednesday 14th April 2021

Lord Lucan

Reserve Team Regular
I'm sure Morley used a 3G pitch in Batley before this season, but the railings look to have been there a while so I don't know if the club has returned to the ground after an absence or whether it was previously used by another club.
I saw Morley T @ Glen Rd in Apr 2007.
~~~~~~~
Yesterday I was at

Winstanley St Aidans 2 Digmoor 1
Wigan & District League Premier Division K.O. 18:15 (actual 18:25)

Winstanley took the lead in the first minute and held it to half time. Digmoor deservedly equalised and a draw would have been a fair result, but in the very last minute the home side scored again - Digmoor were unhappy, claiming the ball had gone out for a corner before it was cut back for a tap-in in the 6-yard box. The solitary official had no chance of being sure from where he was, but I was standing right next to the incident and the whole of ball did not cross the line so justice, of a sort, was done.

When I had visited the Little Lane PFs back in 2013 it was a very basic four pitch set up. Still four pitches, but rather different.
The first pitch as you enter, where I saw Goose Green Utd play, is now partially roped on both sides and each side has a permanent dugout.
Beyond this, the parallel pitch now boasts floodlighting, is fully railed and has hard standing on the near side. On the far side is an impressive looking stand with Winstanley Football C;ub emblazoned on the fascia. On closer inspection, the stand is less impressive, with the seats looking of little use for anyone over 3 foot tall ! I believe this is where Winstanley Warriors play in the Cheshire ( o_O) League.
The other two, still unroped, pitches remain as they were, running at 90 degrees beyond the now floodlit pitch. It was on the first of these that the above match was played.
To round things off there is a new small 3G pitch immediately behind the changing rooms and this was very busy throughout with children/youth's training.

25 mins walk from the Wigan railway stations.

Last edited:

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
GNSL Reg Davis Cup Group D :
Bredon 3 Barnwood United 1.
Att 20(h/c).

More GNSL cup action.
The hosts raced into an early 2 goal lead and by the 27th minute it was 3. At this stage I thought that Bredon would reach double figures and Barnwood would be lucky to keep 11 on the pitch.

However shortly after there was a bizarre double drop ball incident ; at the 1st the ball was whacked against the Ref who missed the lunge at the Bredon forward. The 2nd drop ball saw a bit of top quality retaliation, with the Barnwood defender left in a heap and the Bredon forward given a straight red.

10 v 11 evened it up a bit and Barnwood got a consolation from the spot after 69 mins. However Bredon still posed a lot more threat and had the luxury of wasting 3 gilt edged chances in the final few minutes alone.

Not a particularly enjoyable evening, the young Ref was far too easily influenced by the constant moaning and whingeing from the visiting side.

Ground Down

Junior Team Hopeful
He was wearing number 9. Muscly lad with a bald head. The Horwich number 10 was also bald and was a class above everyone else last night - not sure of his name though!
Well that's weird, so the player who the no.10 reminded me of was a player I saw hit a screamer for Charnock Richard against West Didsbury and Chorlton in the Vase last year and who turns out to be none other than his current team mate and who aside from the bald pate looks nothing like him!

RussWWFC

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Wycombe Wanderers
Thames Valley League D1
Reading YMCA 2-0 Hurst
Free entry, attendance 16

More on my blog here, but a nice friendly club, good game and a partially fenced pitch with club signage.

IAN S

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
6.30pm
Yorkshire Amateur League, Premier Division
Morley Town 5 White Rose 1 (att 23 h/c)

No problems watching games at Morley Town's Glen Road ground. The pitch is railed off, but otherwise just shallow grass banking separates it from the road. I'm sure Morley used a 3G pitch in Batley before this season, but the railings look to have been there a while so I don't know if the club has returned to the ground after an absence or whether it was previously used by another club. Easy win for the hosts, who were 3-0 up by half time.

Here's a link to my blog post.
It's at least the third time that Morley Town have gone back to Glen Road. It was -5 degrees when I went so I remember it!

Tim

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Shillingstone 0 Porton Sports 3 (Dorset Football League Cup Thingy) Att: 10 h/c f&n

Enjoyable evening - a game of much higher standard than feared from Division 4 clubs. Goalless at half time but the visitors eventually found their shooting boots and ran out very comfortable winners. Played in fine spirit with a total absence of dissent and bleating. A nice recreation ground, with cricket ground adjacent; sadly no football furniture, but a peaceful rural setting with a wonderful view of Hambledon Hill beyond the far goal. Excellent company from Grandad Bamforth added to a very agreeable tick. More of this soon.

sheffgeoff

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Colchester United
Stocksbridge Park Steels
Borussia Dortmund
Dorset Football League (some sort of Supp Cup)
Sturminster Marshall 2 Dorchester Sports Res 1
Fully railed off pitch in middle of churchill close village green with dugouts, village hall open for changing rooms and toilets.
Also at Churchill Close. Pleasant spot on the village green on a sunny but cold evening. 18:33 kick off meant the light was fading fast by full time but the ref turned the teams around promptly at the break and we got the full 90 minutes in. Sturminster took a two nil lead first half with both goals close range finishes after the visiting keeper could only parry first efforts. Sports left winger pulled one back after the break but the home side deservedly held out for a two-one win.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock