UEFA News

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Bullet Points from today;s release or read it at UEFA News or just about every news source

Champions League
- Remaining matches in Round of 16 to be on 7/8 August, either at home club stadium, or in Portugal
- Quarter finals on 12/13/14/15 August
- Semi Finals on 18/19 August
- Final on 23 August.

The QF, SF and Final games will be played in Lisbon. Porto and Guimares available for round of 16

Europa League
- From quarter final onwards, knock out games to be played in Germany from 10 to 21 August
Koln, Dusselforf, Duisburg and Gelsenkirchen grounds to be used.

- Outstanding round of 16 games scheduled for 5/6 August, venues to be clarified
- The two games with no matches played will be reduced to a single leg, venues to be defined (but probably Germany)

Future Finals
Champions League venues all pushed back one year. Istanbul 2021, St Petersburg 2022, Munich 2023 and Wembley 2024

Europa League finals venues pused back a year. Gdansk 2021, Seville 2022, Budapest 2023

Womans Champions League
In Bilbao, Spain, 21-30 August

Future finals - Gothenburg 2021, Turin 2022, Eindhoven 2023

2020-21, Champions League and Europa League
Access lists remain unchanged - deadline for naming teams is August 3.

Preliminary games will be single leg by draw, except Champions League play off

Champions League dates
Preliminary - 8/11 August
1Q - 18/19 August
2Q - 25/26 August
3Q - 15/16 September
PO - 22/23 September, 29/30 September (2 legs)
Group Matches - 20/21, 27/28 October, 3/4, 24/25 November, 1/2, 8/9 December

Europa League dates
Preliminary - 20 August
1Q - 27 August
2Q - 17 September
3Q - 24 September
PO - 1 October
Group Matches - 22, 29 October, 5,26 November, 3, 10 December

Spring Fixtures as per original schedule

International Fixtures
In October and November, teams will play 3 games in the window, with one of the three for the Euro play offs.

Nations League dates - 3-8 September (2 games per nation), 10/11, 13/14 October, 14/15, 17/18 November
Euro play off dates - 8 October, 12 November
Other countries to play Friendlies on 7/8 October and 11/12 November

Regions Cup 2020/1
Cancelled!

There is a lot of other detail of competitions in the original link.
The boys at UEFA have been busy

Barbie

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Barry Town United
I assume the draw dates for CL & EL qualifying rounds will be made known tomorrow, unless I've missed something. Quick turnaround - with nomination deadline 3rd Aug & CL kicking off a few days later.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I came across this useful diagram of UEFA club competitions from 2021, on the excellent Bert Kassies site

1597851419207.png

MattRam

Junior Team Sub
Why have Pristina been allowed to sign an all star 11 against Lincoln Red Imps after 8 players previously tested Covid-19 positive and the tie should have been forfeited? Something doesn't seem right about this, still not sure Gibraltar teams sit comfortably with parts of UEFA, Kosovo yes

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Why have Pristina been allowed to sign an all star 11 against Lincoln Red Imps after 8 players previously tested Covid-19 positive and the tie should have been forfeited? Something doesn't seem right about this, still not sure Gibraltar teams sit comfortably with parts of UEFA, Kosovo yes
There ia a rule allowing teams to reschedule if fewer than 13 players are available.

Easily found on a search engine, can't give a link at mo as I'm on phone.
If no response from you I'll post link later.

Article 1.2 of Annex 1 of UEFA regulations, titled '' Special rules applicable to the Qualifying phase and play offs due to COVID 19''.

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0260-100c6fba8eba-9422fa7320b1-1000/annex_i_to_2020-21_ucl-uel_regs_covid19_en_20200804093248.pdf

In case of difficulty finding it -

I.2.1 If one or more players or officials of a club test positive for COVID-19 in the tests required by the UEFA Return to Play Protocol, the match will take place as scheduled unless the national/local authorities of one or both clubs involved or of where the match will take place (in case of a neutral country) require a large group of players or the entire team to go into quarantine. If at least 13 players registered on the A list (including at least one goalkeeper) are available, the match must go ahead on the scheduled date. If less than 13 players registered on the A list or no registered goalkeeper are available, UEFA may allow a rescheduling of the match within the deadlines set out in paragraph I.3.1, if the relevant national/local authority seeks new tests to allow a sufficient number of players (at least 13 including at least one goalkeeper) to participate in the match. Alternatively, the club may field players who have not been registered with UEFA within the deadlines stipulated in the present regulations, provided that these players (i) are duly registered with their national association as playing for the club concerned in accordance with the association’s own rules and those of FIFA and (ii) are tested negative in accordance with the UEFA Return to Play Protocol. If it is not possible to reschedule the match in accordance with the deadlines set out in paragraph I.3.1, the club that cannot play the match will be held responsible for the match not taking place and the match will be declared by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body to be forfeited by the club, which will be considered to have lost the match 3-0.

I.

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
PRISTINA (Reuters) - Kosovan soccer club FC Prishtina have taken the unprecedented step of signing players on loan from rival teams for one match in order to contest a Europa League qualifier, the club and the national federation have confirmed.
Prishtina’s preliminary-round qualifier away to Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar, scheduled for last Tuesday, was postponed after eight players tested positive for the coronavirus upon arrival in Gibraltar.
The match was due to go down as an automatic 3-0 win for Lincoln but Prishtina were so determined for it to go ahead they made use of special UEFA rules to get players from rival teams.
Article 1.2 of Annex I of UEFA regulations, titled “Special rules applicable to the qualifying phase and playoffs due to COVID-19”, allows a match to be rescheduled if fewer than 13 players are available.
A club may then field players not registered with UEFA, provided those players are registered with their national association. The players must also test negative for the virus.
UEFA did not want to comment further on the transfers.
“FC Prishtina publicly thanks the teams of Feronikel, Llapi, Trepca 89, Flamurtar, Balkans, Drenica and Vushtrri who have urgently helped Prishtina,” the club said in a statement on Facebook.
“Since UEFA’s admission, Prishtina has received a very positive reaction from the teams in our nation, because success in Europe helps everyone in football in Kosovo.”
Bajram Shala, communications manager for Kosovo’s national federation, told Reuters on Thursday that the players registered for the match were awaiting test results in Prishtina and would travel to Gibraltar if they came out negative.
The players would then undergo more tests in Gibraltar before the game on Saturday.
Prishtina are the second team from Kosovo to have a match called off after FC Drita’s Champions League qualifier with Linfield of Northern Ireland was suspended due to two Drita players testing positive.
Drita had to forfeit the match and Linfield were awarded a 3-0 win.
If Prishtina’s experiment of loaning players is successful, other teams could do the same thing if their matches are threatened by positive tests, with coronavirus cases spiking again across Europe.

MattRam

Junior Team Sub
Cheers, seems they are within the rules if arguably not in the spirit of it

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks