Tuesday 27th October 2020

Lord Lucan

Reserve Team Sub
Most unusual Covid rule yet encountered: sitting in the stand, no mask required; standing at the back of the stand, mask compulsory. I'm sure someone here knows why.
The same in pubs and restaurants - mask required when standing but not when seated. I think the reason is "following the science".

oftenscore6

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
FC United of Manchester, St Pauli, Hammarby, Hawthorn (AFL)
Working in Huddersfield, so was looking for somewhere down the M1. Arnold Town was postponed, seemingly due to regulations coming in later in the week with Nottingham's tier 3. Next nearest unvisited (having passed up Swallownest, fortunately as it was off anyway) was:

EMCL Barrow Town 1-2 Eastwood Community
Attendance: <100
Admission: £5

This was planned as 7:30 kick off, but I arrived a few minutes ahead to find the floodlights misbehaving. A short debunk to the GBG Soar Bridge Inn and could see lights looking better on my return, however, one pylon was still out. Tbh the other 3 provided so much light, you would not have noticed the 4th pylon was out without it being pointed out, there was no 'dark corner'. Apparently however, the ref was going to call it off if the 4th pylon did not resume. I'm confident if there'd been a cricket style light meter, it would have passed. Thankfully, the 4th pylon slowly resumed service and we kicked off about 8:05 - no problems thereafter

Eastwood were utterly dominant first half, a nice flick opening the scoring and the hosts worked hard without creating anything. But 2nd half, the home side built and sustained a spell of great pressure which brought the just reward of a poachers finish. Credit to Eastwood, they redoubled efforts and soon after, flicked another header to retake the lead. They had to work at the end to keep it, but deserved it overall.

Chips were the only hot food available, but hot drinks were also available from the hatch (and to locals from inside the clubhouse, I was told I had to go outside to the hatch for them). No cask ale.

Some roadworks on the Sheffield to Stocksbridge road, otherwise a very good journey in both directions. The lower traffic, both around Huddersfield and on the M1 generally, have brought a few venues into midweek range that would not normally be feasible, this one certainly.

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
The same in pubs and restaurants - mask required when standing but not when seated. I think the reason is "following the science".
What a load of bollocks that is. Just about the only time people in a pub (nowadays) are silent and with their gobs shut is when they are in transit to and from the loo but they must mask up, Then they sit back down and can holler their heads off etc without a mask.
Most people adhere to rules that make even a modicum of sense but..............

Leyther_Matt

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries, Hibernian
What a load of bollocks that is. Just about the only time people in a pub (nowadays) are silent and with their gobs shut is when they are in transit to and from the loo but they must mask up, Then they sit back down and can holler their heads off etc without a mask.
Most people adhere to rules that make even a modicum of sense but..............
And when travelling to and from the toilets, you are coming in to contact with far more people than when you are sat at a table only with those who are within your household. Makes perfect sense to me.

That said, it seems nobody is bothering with keeping with only being seated with those from their own household, with the 2m/1m'plus' (the plus being extra precautions such as a mask) long since forgotten.

Anyway, that's for another thread.

pilgrim46

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Plymouth Argyle, any non league team in Devon & Cornwall
SWPL Premier Division East
Torpoint Athletic 7-0 Plymouth Marjon (3-0 HT)
Adm £6 incl programme - Att 50-70 (hc)

As the scoreline suggests Torpoint cruised to victory on a chilly night in this Tamar derby. They were 2-0 up inside 10 minutes & didn't look back. The only time Marjon threatened was the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half but once Torpoint added a 4th it was game over. Once again watched the game in the pleasant company of Hoofhearted of this parish. Finally full marks to Torpoint for continuing with their excellent matchday programme. I'm not somebody who goes hunting for programmes but this was free with admission price & had plenty of information inside rather than being full of adverts.

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
And when travelling to and from the toilets, you are coming in to contact with far more people than when you are sat at a table only with those who are within your household. Makes perfect sense to me.

That said, it seems nobody is bothering with keeping with only being seated with those from their own household, with the 2m/1m'plus' (the plus being extra precautions such as a mask) long since forgotten.

Anyway, that's for another thread.
Not in the pubs round here - no one is standing so you don't encounter anyone en route to the bogs. Not until you get outside into a busy car park/pavement/smoking shelter.
And the "same household" bubble is unenforceable as my local recognises. All they can do is ask the question.....

DonQuixote

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Romford [el revolución]
Everton [el revolución2]
@brentwoodSunLge
Seems to be no difference in my local but Christmas might prove more
costly than usual as I appear to have accumulated a host of brothers
that I was previously unaware of - and we all live with mum apparently... :(

#whatever

Mek

Junior Team Star
Wessex One
Downton 4 Ringwood Town 1

Downton in front after 11 mins, Moseley heading home Vint's cross from the right. Vint nearly doubled the score 6 minutes later, but his effort hit the post after a good run into the box. Ringwood looked threatening throughout the half and were rewarded with an equaliser on 38 mins, a follow up shot after an initial effort had been saved. Downton's Clark was sinbinned just before the break for dissent at a freekick decision.

Downton retook the lead on 78 mins, Clark's right hand cross drifted in at the far post and it was 3-1 four minutes later, a right hand cross found Vint, who converted from 6 yards. Ringwood hit the crossbar, but Downton completed the scoring in added on time courtesy of Howe's run and shot.

First visit to Wick Lane this season, after my original port of call, Bush Hill and backup of Romsey were called off. Clubhouse was closed due to refurbishment and the area around the tea bar was kept clear for easy social distancing access. The floodlights have been rebulbed as they were shining much more brightly than I can recall. I was also able to walk behind the stand, can't recall having done that before. The pitch was in good nick and time and effort had been made in clearing leaves from it, again something I hadn't noticed from previous visits around this time of year.

Burgesshillbee

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Brentford
UCL Div 1
At The Linwood
Aylestone Park 2 v 3 Birstall Utd
In £6,prog £1
Att 80 circa
Cracking game very entertaining local derby with BU gaining a deserved victory.Only downside was they don’t do cheesy nachos in the canteen anymore-can life get any harder?😉
Also here with Henfield Bee, was given a warm welcome by the gateman and Henfield Bee was impressed with the Trophy cabinet in the clubhouse where we obtained a pre match tea/coffee. Ground had a large pathway down one side opposite the dug outs with a seated stand also on this side, at the far end was the canteen which was well used thanks to people using the 3G facility behind the far goal. Aylestone had been on a good run prior to this game winning their last 5 matches which included 2 x 7-1 and a 9-0 victory. However today was not their day with some poor defending they went behind early on when they conceded a needless penalty and then despite having a number of chances were only able to convert one to level things up after 25 minutes, however more poor defending saw Birstall take a half time lead, Aylestone equalised on 58 minutes before Birstall scored the winner again to more shoddy defending which allowed the Birstall forward to complete his hat trick. No more goals added to a good game and at the end the gateman thanked us for coming and wished us a safe journey home. so for me if i ever in the area again with not a lot to do a revisit will be on the cards. Roads pretty decent meant we were home by midnight.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks