Thursday 10th June 2021

Dave 56

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Leatherhead
Coors League Division 2. KO18:30. Crowd 22

Coach & Horses 5 v 3 Halmerend CIC

Springbank Rec seemed the best option for tonight, as in addition to the baove match, thee was a game in the Potteries League on an adjoining pitch.

Quiet first half with the home side scoring in the first minute and am equaliser midway through the half. The visitors went 2-1 up early in the second half and the home side levelled again. Then the Halmerend no.6, who had been spoken to and received a yellow card minutes later, received a straight red.

Down to 10 men, the visitors took the lead, Coach lost their composure and had 2 sin binned in 2 minutes but scored whilst having 9 men and took the lead when back to 10. Coach scored again to make it 5 and end a great evening of entertainment.

Christophe

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Stenhousemuir
Broadheath Central 'A' 3-3 Garswood United Reserves

🏟️ - Viaduct Road
🏆 - Cheshire Football League: Reserve League 1
🎟️ - Free
👥 - 31
🍺 - ❌
Pie - ❌
📌 - Ground 108

#️⃣ Season 2020/21 Stats: Games 29, Grounds 26, Goals 127

A good old fashioned back and forth tussle this. Garswood opened the scoring in just the 3rd minute, a chip over the Broadheath defence and a good finish high into the net beyond the keeper. Broadheath came back to dominate the first half from there though. Equalising on 10 mins from another good ball through the middle of the defence and a very tidy finish again beyond the keeper, very similar to the opener. Broadheath took the lead after 14 minutes. A missed header from the very high Garswood defence allowed the left winger to run into acres of space, work his way into the box and find a teammate for a first time finish. After 30 minutes, the familiar tale of a good ball right through the middle of the Garswood defence proved fruitful again. The first shot drawing a save from the keeper but the rebound knocked home by a second Broadheath attacker. Garswood scored the last goal of the half to go in at 3-2 down, with 2 minutes remaining, a crunching but seemingly fair tackle by Garswood just inside their own half saw the Broadheath players stop play and protest not being given a foul. Garswood played on and equalised from halfway lobbing a shot over the protesting keeper and into the top corner for the goal of the match. The 2nd half looked to be continuing in the same goal scoring vein, just 7 minutes in Garswood equalised at 3-3 with good work on the left wing and a fizzing ball across the ground into the box was knocked by a Broadheath player out of his keepers path and in off the far post. That was to be the last of the scoring though, with Broadheath hitting a penalty over the bar on 72 minutes that perhaps could have won the points.

First visit here. Played on the 'A' park of a large public park facility with several fields. I call this the 'A' park as it is railed off on all four sides and has two brick dugouts side by side on one touchline. Impressive space, which I believe is owned by the club and they had a full programne on with various youth teams training on the other pitches around the main one. Pitch was in excellent condition and was as good a green, flat park as I've seen on a public space. Lots and lots of room for parking to facilitate all the various age groups at the one time. Very impressive set-up. Mobile goals which was perhaps the only complaint but I suppose the easy option when playing on a public space. Enjoyable one to tick off the list.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP9N2_5nlW5/?utm_medium=copy_link

IMG_20210610_233109_635.jpg

That just about does it for me for 2020/21. I've Scotland Vs Croatia at the Euros to take me up to 30 games but with the tournament on TV every night now for a bit I don't think I'll be back out again until the 2021/22 pre-season stuff. Never say never though!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock