Sunday 9th August 2020

Tim

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Dunkeswell Rovers 3 Cotford Saints 0 (PSF) f&n t&t att: 28ish

A nice little Sunday morning bonus. After dropping Ms Tim at Charmouth beach, I joined Mr Bamforth for a spot of friendly fun. Devon & Exeter Saturday v Somerset Sunday, and little to choose between them, two late goals eventually wrapping the game up for Rovers, after they had spurned rather a lot of close range chances. Their Green Lane home, opened last December and described by AndyD in January, is rather good, boasting a rail on one and a half sides, and I suspect there will be further additions in due course. Most enjoyable.

hemelhopper

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Hemel Hempstead Town; Trust Portsmouth FC and the Reds of Cincinnati
A day for pulling up a chair under a shady tree and relaxing .. thankfully not falling asleep, as too much going on in front of me, across three games.

Hill Head FC 5-3 Gosham Rangers (PSF)
- played at Cams Hill School, Fareham from 10.0am. Att – 10 (h/c)

HH in all black with a yellow panel to front of shirt .. all light grey for Rangers.

Two sides from the Gosport, Fareham and Solent Sunday League .. and for Hill Head, a first ever game, with good strikers of the ball, who should go well in the upcoming season. As will Rangers, as they never stop competing and always give it a right good go .. today, not off the mark quick enough, three down before they nicked one back just before the half time whistle .. on a grass pitch (far side of site with no furniture), which was bone hard and didn’t help them during the second. However, they did score the last goal and what a beauty it was .. a worldy from 40 yards out wide right, over a stranded keeper into top of net .. all just a little too late as this day belonged to Hill Head.

From there it was on to Southampton and the west of city centre .. where three grass pitches were found and an immaculate 3G (not in use) .. as the City of Southampton Sunday League were on show .. with sun beating down and no fixed furniture for shade.

AFC Redbridge 3-6 Sarisbury Spartans (PSF)
- played at Redbridge Community School, Southampton from 12.35pm. Att – 5 (h/c)

AFC in blue tops and black shorts .. Spartans in all black with red stripes.

Took in a Spartans game last Sunday and they knocked in six then, so this performance was in some part expected, although AFC were short of half a team from media comments .. and not helped by losing their keeper and conceding five goals in the first half. However, they rallied well and stuck at it, missed a penalty and did bring some balance into the game during the second half.

.. alongside, on adjoining grass pitch and kicking off five minutes later, was,

Bursledon United 0-2 AFC Tauntons (PSF) from 12.40pm. Att – 10 (h/c)

United in white shirts and black shorts .. Tauntons in an all dark blue.

Much closer game by these two well balanced teams .. the goals coming either side of half time and Tauntons always looking that more threatening going in on goal. Both keepers playing their part in ensuring a much lower score line than the game next door .. for what turned out to be a very enjoyable hot day of football.

willesden

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Scarborough Athletic, Hull City & Hendon
DSV 04 1 KSC Tesla 07 0

Followed by

Duisburger FV 08 4 Alemannia Essen 2

Full details on International Hopping

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks