Summer Leagues of the British Isles. 2021.

Hoddy1.

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
As mentioned in post #8 Shetland has started.

Constitutions.
Works League now included in the Reserve League.

'A' Div.
Celtic @ Clickimin / Gilbertson / Seafield.
Delting @ Brae Grass.
Ness Utd @ Boddam. ( Occasionally Cunningsburgh ).
Scalloway @ Hamnavoe. ( Appear to have moved from Fraser Park)
Spurs @ Clickimin / Gilbertson / Seafield.
Thistle @ Clickimin / Gilbertson / Seafield.
Whalsay @ Harbison Park.
Whitedale @ Strom.

Reserve Div.
The 8 above plus-
Banks @ Clickimin / Gilbertson / Seafield.
Bressay @ Bressay.
LK Galaxy @ Clickimin / Gilbertson / Seafield.
West Side Rebels @ Aith.

Steveb

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Forres & Nairn District Welfare League
starts Friday 4th June. "No spectators allowed".
This 'no spectators' stance is even more confused in Scotland than it was in England.

As I understand it (and it might be wrong) in areas where football is allowed to be played people are also allowed to watch it. Up to 250 people if it's standing only, more if there's seated accommodation.

How does that justify the Forres and Nairn Welfare FA or the Deeside Welfare FA (or is it just the Scottish FA?) deciding that spectators are not allowed to stand next to a pitch in a public park.

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Moray & District Welfare League
starts Friday 25th June.
No longer a Sunday league.

2 in abeyance until 2022 - Burghead United, Rothes Amateurs.
Moray College had been new for the 2020 season that never happened. But are no longer taking part.
3 new.
= 11.

Aberlour Villa
Buckie United
Cullen
Elgin Golden Oldies (new)
Elgin United (new)
FC Fochabers
Hopeman
Lossiemouth Youth (new)
Portsoy
RAF Lossiemouth
Tomintoul

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Mid-Deeside was supposed to start tonight (Wed 2nd June). Good job I checked before setting off for Banchory Youth at Knockburn Loch.
"Tonight’s Matches are off, they will be rescheduled for a later date. Hopefully the issues can be rectified so we can kick off on Friday. Watch this space."

MattRam

Youth Team Sub
Sorry if I've missed it, but any news on the Derby/ Ashbourne Summer League?

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Star
Sorry if I've missed it, but any news on the Derby/ Ashbourne Summer League?
There was a note in this week's Traveller saying it will start on Monday 21 June running to early September. Likely to be 10 or 11 teams and no eligibility restrictions as a one-off for this year.

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Mid-Deeside was supposed to start tonight (Wed 2nd June). Good job I checked before setting off for Banchory Youth at Knockburn Loch.
"Tonight’s Matches are off, they will be rescheduled for a later date. Hopefully the issues can be rectified so we can kick off on Friday. Watch this space."
Friday's didn't happen either.

MattRam

Youth Team Sub
There was a note in this week's Traveller saying it will start on Monday 21 June running to early September. Likely to be 10 or 11 teams and no eligibility restrictions as a one-off for this year.
Cheers, if anyone can keep me updated on dates, venues or point me in right direction be grateful

Hoddy1.

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Cheers, if anyone can keep me updated on dates, venues or point me in right direction be grateful
This arrived recently , get yourself on mailing list - E Mail address P/M'd.

Hi everyone – I hope that you are all keeping safe and well and that the pandemic has not pressed to heavily on you, your family or your friends and colleagues.

The 2021 Summer Football League season will start on Monday June 21st with the ending of the current CV19 restrictions, (even if they don’t end and assuming the situation doesn’t seriously worsen it will start anyway). Only clubs who competed in the 2019 season can enter and only League matches will be played. However, the Sony Jeffery Disciplinary Cup, the Player of the Year Award and the Charles Burton Leading Goal Scorer trophies will be presented.

Due to the very unusual situation the SFL Council have agreed to lift the normal player eligibility rules for the 2021 season only. Therefore, any player over 16 may sign-on regardless of having played or signed for an FA registered club during the 2020/21 winter season. This does not apply to any player currently banned by the SFL or subject to any outstanding Disciplinary action. Registration is at the sole discretion of the League Registrar without the right of appeal. Players must be registered before they may play, and any breach of this rule will lead to the player and his club being expelled.

To register, a player should to be named on a form that has been circulated to the clubs, which is to be returned to the League Registrar before 19th June. After that the club just needs to inform the Registrar that they are signing the player on. Transfers will be as normal.

All other rules will remain in place and the existing SFL Disciplinary system will apply. However Disciplinary matters will be handled solely by the Disciplinary Secretary without the right of a personal hearing in the event of an appeal as the Summer Football League Council do not intend to hold any face to face meetings for any reason this season.

I wasn’t going to print a handbook this year but as most of the work had already been done for 2020, and as there will be players unfamiliar with the rules, I thought it best to do one after all.

If all 11 clubs from 2019 enter, the season will run to Thursday, 2nd September.

Clubs that don’t wish to join this season will have an automatic right to re-join in 2022 but until then won’t be covered by the SFL Public Liability Insurance or have a right to vote at the 2021 AGM.

Best regards,

John

Last edited:

Kicker Conspiracy

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Burnley; East Stirlingshire
North West Sutherland AFA likely to begin on 3 July, once the North Caledonian League is completed. Below I've pasted a story from the Northern Times. The gist of it is the format is still tbc but may be four regionalised groups of three teams.

Good news is the return of Ullapool-based Lochbroom. But on the minus side it seems neither Tongue United nor Embo will be taking part.

So the 12 would be:

Brora Wanderers
Dornoch City
Golspie Stafford
Helmsdale United
Inver
Invergordon Social Club
Kinlochbervie
Lairg Rovers
Lochbroom
Lochinver
Melvich
Tain Thistle

Target date revealed for summer football to restart in Sutherland​

The North-West Sutherland Amateur Football Association are planning regionalised divisions for this campaign with a start date of July 3.

Organisers are planning four divisions of three teams, with semi finals and final to ensure football can be played. The 2020 season did not go ahead due to the impact of Covid-19 resulting in all amateur football being scrapped across the north.

Durness based NWSAFA secretary Hugh Morrison says no plans have been finalised but they are determined competition returns this summer.

“We are targeting to start in the first Saturday of July,” confirmed Morrison.

“We will look to run in July, August and maybe into September if we have to.

“Clubs have been consulted if we will run mini leagues in geographical terms.

“There are 12 teams in the league, there is a plan to play four mini leagues with semi finals and final.

“The closest teams such as Lochbroom, Lochinver and Kinlochbervie as well as Melvich, Helmsdale, Brora along with Golspie, Lairg and Dornoch as well as the Easter Ross teams of Inver, Invergordon and Tain Thistle.

“Or we can play the leagues in their original format. But we are definitely aiming to start in July with a season spread over eight or nine weeks finishing in August or September.”

Morrison says with the cancellation of the season in 2020, league officials and clubs are determined to bring summer football back in some form.

“It is about getting the appetite back for summer football,” he said.

“It is important that we try and do something.

“We all have to stay safe, but from a football point we have to do something.

“That is the plan, but nothing has been finalised at present.”

The North Caledonian League will restart their campaign on Saturday, May 22 with Scourie taking on Loch Ness at Achlochan Park. With Bonar Bridge and Golspie Sutherland also having a number of games to play to complete their season, organisers have decided to delay starting the summer league until the NCL is finished on June 26.

“There may have been issues with players from North Caledonian League teams being available for summer clubs, “ said Morrison.

“That is the reason we have decided to aim for a start date in July.

“We wanted to make sure both competitions don’t overlap.

“Nothing is finalised and we are still waiting for clubs to say they are happy to go along with our plans.”

It has been confirmed the Highland Amateur Cup will not return in 2021.
Are Invergordon Social Club playing in the NWSL *and* the Inverness League Division Two?

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Are Invergordon Social Club playing in the NWSL *and* the Inverness League Division Two?

No.
As Steveb's post said, the Northern Times article about the NW Sutherland League was still with elements tbc.

Invergordon Social Club have moved into the Inverness & District. They played their first game in that on Friday night (away).

Note that they play on the unrailed pitch alongside the railed pitch of Invergordon FC of the North Caledonian League (coincidentally where I was today!)

Steveb

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Catforth & District League is slowly getting its act together on Full Time. No results, fixtures or venues on there yet, but here's line-ups.

Div 1
Myerscough Red
Plungington
Sir Tom Finney
Treales
UCLAN
Wyresdale

Div 2
Myerscough Blue
Myerscough Vets
Ribchester
Wharles
Wrea Green

Fixtures below. Note that Wrea Green appear in the fixtures as 'Treales 2'.

catforth 2021_1.jpgCatforth 2021_2.jpg

Steveb

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Inverness & District FA planned to begin on 7 June (subject to the usual caveats of course).

Premiership
Avoch
Ardersier
Contin
ICM Electrical
IRN Security
Loch Ness
Maryburgh
NMM Sams
Tomatin

Div 1
Balloan
Blackrock Rovers
Charlestelona
Culloden Blacksmiths
Drakies PDG
Highland Hospice
Hill Rovers
Innes CI
Muir of Ord Rovers

Div 2
AFC River Ness
Black Isle United
Citadel
Conon Bridge
Gellions
Highland Athletic
Invergordon Social Club
Inverness Athletic
Ness Thistle
Tomatin United
No spectators at Inverness & District matches, according to the below post on the league's Facebook page.

NOTICE FOR SPECTATORS
We have been advised that spectating at Council Parks at Bught and Culloden is not being encouraged and that government rules on social distancing and meeting outside in groups still applies.
Therefore, we ask that spectators refrain from going to attend matches. If groups of spectators continue to attend these matches, you will be putting the health of the players, club officials, referees and groundstaff at risk and will be asked to move on.
We ask clubs to keep their people attending to the lowest possible and permissible by current guidelines.
We all want to return to football, however, we cannot put others health and safety at risk and a return to grass roots football with no spectators is more important than having to have the football season cancelled due to the risk involved.
As a further measure, we will not be posting daily fixture lists on Facebook so as to not be seen as encouraging spectating, all clubs have their own fixture list for the full season.
Thank you for your cooperation with all of this and good luck to all teams for the upcoming season.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
The Berwick Charities Summer Cup gets underway next week. All games take place at the iconic Stanks.

Preliminary round:
15/6/21 - Northumberland FC v Longamble Barbarians 7pm
16/6/21 - Alnmouth United v Prior Wolfs 7pm
17/6/21 - Free Trade Ultras v Simpsons Malt 7pm

Quarter Final Draw:
19/6/21 - Longhoughton Rangers v The Angel 6:30pm
22/6/21 - Berwick Rugby Club v Free Trade Ultras/Simpsons Malt 7pm
24/6/21 - Alnmouth United/Prior Wolfs v The Bottlers 7pm
26/6/21 - Northumberland FC/Longamble Barbarians v Basu Adults 6:30pm

The losers of each of these 7 ties will go into The Crammond cup to contest this.

Stanks.jpg
Stanks 2.jpg

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Mid Deeside start again delayed.
Tonight (Wed 9th June) was supposed to be matchday 3 already, but it still hasn't started : "No Games tonight again, we can’t currently register any players. We hope to have this resolved for Friday. Bare [sic] with us."

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
Mid Deeside have sorted themselves out and will begin on Friday 11th June - matchday 4.
The first three matchdays' fixtures will be rearranged in due course.
Note that even despite the area having been lowered to Tier 1, the league has newly reiterated No Spectators and that the ref can Abandon.

NESFA, also all Tier 1, has also today issued a No Spectators message.

Truly ridiculous.

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
These fixtures appeared on the league facebook page yesterday. I have asked for venue addresses though I doubt there will be any new...

The fixtures for the first week.
Unfortunately Biggin will not be entering a side this season so the season is scheduled to end on Thursday, 19th August

May be an image of text that says (1) MONDAY JUNE 21st (Kick-off 7pm) Broughton Wanderers Brassington Kirk Langley FC Hulland Legion Osmaston Mayfield Ashbourne Old Boys Weston Doveridge THURSDAY JUNE 24th (Kick-off 7pm) (2) Ashbourne Old Boys Broughton Wanderers Brassington Mayfield FC Hulland Weston Legion Kirk Langley Osmaston Doveridge

8Chris Bedford and 7 others
5 comments

Comment

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock