Summer Leagues of the British Isles. 2020.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
The Summer League (Ashbourne to some).

John league sec has sent a message to all saying the league at the moment is suspended.. The situation is being monitored and if things improve by mid July playing half a season is possible.

Wiretown.Editor

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Town, Warrington Wolves RLFC
Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League 2020

The season is cancelled and will return in 2021

Steveb

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Remains to be seen if or when the Caithness League gets underway this year, but spotted a tweet by Staxigoe United which suggests they‘ll be playing on a pitch in the village. Until now they’ve played homes games at Bignold Park in Wick.

SimonUpNorth

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
North West non-league
Any news on the Catforth League? I'm expecting it will probably be cancelled but you never know

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Might as well close this for 12 months Mods. I'll add thread to Library to save for posterity.

EDIT. Perhaps not , can't see a library. Anyway saved to my library.

Last edited:

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I'll leave it here for now, but will unstick it later, (or if I forget, when you start the 2021 thread)

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
I'll leave it here for now, but will unstick it later, (or if I forget, when you start the 2021 thread)
Your hoping a bit aren't you ?

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Has every one of the summer leagues given up hope of playing at all in 2020?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Last edited:

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Mayo are starting Calor Gas Cup on weekend of July 18/19 with League beginning on weekend of Aug 15/16.https://www.mayofootballleague.ie/l/matches/427116085/1_71263531/-1/-1/-1/-1.html?fbclid=IwAR0fnFek8uv4tXXm9gWAUSx6eoknIPlYLkydb7rnNye-Z1eXv_arHuKUUng NEXT POST.

ALL ALLEGEDLY OF COURSE.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Steveb

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
The below was posted by the Lewis and Harris FA on its Facebook site last week. I guess it’d be easier for summer leagues on the islands to overlap winter league football if they need to, as fewer players will also play winter league clubs.

We’ve had some enquiries about whether there will be any senior football this year. Unfortunately it is not a question we are in a position to answer at the moment. The SAFA have released a statement relating to Phase 3 and it would appear that children and young people will be able to partake in organised outdoor contact sport, potentially from mid July. There is no information on Senior football...yet. Stay safe 👍

The SAFA are holding a webinar on 8 July at 230pm titled ‘Getting your facility ready for football’ and we would encourage all clubs to register for this.

penny banner

Junior Team Sub
[QUOTE="Hoddy1., post: 31 Phase 2 meaning no team events unless you want to play next door at 4 a'side. (There are people on here who would count that).

[/QUOTE]
Only if there was a programme

Reactions: Les

Loiner

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
None
The Summer League (aka Derbyshire Summer Lge/Ashbourne & District) has announced on Facebook that the 2020 season is cancelled.
Cancellation confirmed in email received today from John Brailsford the league secretary.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks