Step 6 promotion applicants from step 7

petermiller36

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Ware, AFC Wimbledon.
I've updated my document now with the new list that was "released". Obviously there is a hell of a lot up in the air, but if anyone has any information regarding ground grading then please do let me know.

Brightside

Youth Team Star
I've updated my document now with the new list that was "released". Obviously there is a hell of a lot up in the air, but if anyone has any information regarding ground grading then please do let me know.

I really enjoy seeing your updates, Peter.

I know why you do the tables in points order but I'd really like to see them in PPG order, especially the Step 7 sides to see if they're on course for a top 5 finish.

SquareOne

Ball Boy / Girl
A really interesting chat on Ollie Bayliss' non-league show earlier this week:

From 1:50 in you can hear Bob Dalling of the Hellenic League talk about Hellenic Division 2 and its odd relationship with Step 7. It's probably the best description I've read of the Hellenic Div 2 situation.

It appears that seven clubs from Hellenic 2 have "applied for elevation" to Step 6 - and that it's felt they'd have the facilities for Step 6 by July/August. Obviously this is outside the "Step 7 Feeder League" system but who knows what could happen this summer.

As for which clubs. To take a fun guess, I think I've seen Kintbury Rangers listed earlier in the thread. Other clubs from Division II could include Chinnor, Hartpury Uni, Hungerford Swifts (if we pretend they aren't Hungerford Reserves), Kington Town, Southam United and Yateley. You've also got a few reserve sides of Step 4 clubs like Kidington, Highworth and Evesham But those are just guesses.

petermiller36

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Ware, AFC Wimbledon.
Cheers chap. I've updated both of those.

Richard Rundle

Junior Team Starter
You've got Truro City res in blue which as I understand it means passed ground grading. They haven't even announced their preferred venue yet

petermiller36

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Ware, AFC Wimbledon.
Ah yes! My apologies. That was autopilot/lazy mode.

Alanpercival

Ball Boy / Girl
Sheffield Town have confirmed to me today on Twitter DM that they applied for promotion. Not the greatest record in the league this season, but I've added them to my document.

Sheffield Town's application has since been rejected due to ground grading (they play at a school).

Sorry if I missed someone else mentioning it somewhere.

kivo

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Kiveton Park
Sheffield International
Sheffield Wednesday
Theirs was a bizarre application tbh

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Peterborough & District promotion applicants Netherton United have decided to stay at step 7 for next season:

Curiously, seeing as the FA has yet to make a definitive announcement about promotion from step 7, the club's statement also says the FA had accepted them into the higher grade.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks