Sports presenters mistakes

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
The commentator at Old Trafford last night said that the opposition had been awarded a penalty.

Their people in VAR took care of it.

Scotty BUFC

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Boston United
The commentator at Old Trafford last night said that the opposition had been awarded a penalty.

Their people in VAR took care of it.

Liverpool were awarded a penalty, it was just taken away from them by VAR. What's the mistake?

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Liverpool were awarded a penalty, it was just taken away from them by VAR. What's the mistake?
The opposition do not get penalties at Old Trafford, for offences that the home team do, the commentator must know this.

TrevorT

Junior Team Star
The opposition do not get penalties at Old Trafford, for offences that the home team do, the commentator must know this.
Watching the FA Cup final on the BBC. I hear that Jamie Vardy is the first player to play in “all 13 rounds of the FA Cup“. We all know he needs to play in all 14 rounds to get the full set.

Also Ian Wright tells us he played in the FA Cup preliminary round for Ten-Em-Bee. Doubt it Wrighty, T-e-B were a Sunday side when he played for them and to my knowledge have never played in the FA Cup

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
But at least the idiot Lineker was able to bullshit about Brendan Rogers being the first manager to win both the English and Scottish cups.

Only got in at HT but the FA Cup coverage seemed to be at an all time low......unless Junior school banter is your thing.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
Watching the FA Cup final on the BBC. I hear that Jamie Vardy is the first player to play in “all 13 rounds of the FA Cup“. We all know he needs to play in all 14 rounds to get the full set.

Also Ian Wright tells us he played in the FA Cup preliminary round for Ten-Em-Bee. Doubt it Wrighty, T-e-B were a Sunday side when he played for them and to my knowledge have never played in the FA Cup
I am not an expert but might Ian Wright have played in the preliminary round for Greenwich Borough>

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
But at least the idiot Lineker was able to bullshit about Brendan Rogers being the first manager to win both the English and Scottish cups.

Only got in at HT but the FA Cup coverage seemed to be at an all time low......unless Junior school banter is your thing.
I think Lineker was doing the ecstatic fan thing of brain in complete meltdown.

The panel were rejoicing so much over Leicester's win I almost felt sorry for Chelsea.

Almost.

TowlawTom

Youth Team Regular
I am not an expert but might Ian Wright have played in the preliminary round for Greenwich Borough>
No according to the excellent FCHD they didn't enter the FA cup until 1992-93 Wrighty was playing for Arsenal then.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Sorry i can't post a link but he did an article in the Sun in 2014 and he talks about going back to his roots to watch Greenwich play Redhill in the FAC and he doesn't mention ever playing in the competition for them.

TrevorT

Junior Team Star
Sorry i can't post a link but he did an article in the Sun in 2014 and he talks about going back to his roots to watch Greenwich play Redhill in the FAC and he doesn't mention ever playing in the competition for them.
But he did answer a direct question put to him by Dan Walker live on BBC this afternoon. “Have you played in the FA Cup preliminary round and who did you play for?” His reply was ”yes for Ten-Em-Bee, we were a pub team from Sydenham but we played in the FA Cup”
You might have played for them mate, but never in the FA Cup. I would say his first FA experience would have been with Crystal Palace, but he should know better than me.

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
But he did answer a direct question put to him by Dan Walker live on BBC this afternoon. “Have you played in the FA Cup preliminary round and who did you play for?” His reply was ”yes for Ten-Em-Bee, we were a pub team from Sydenham but we played in the FA Cup”
You might have played for them mate, but never in the FA Cup. I would say his first FA experience would have been with Crystal Palace, but he should know better than me.
I would also add that I have never heard of a pub called ‘Ten-Em-Bee‘ either....

To be fair to Lineker he has other things on his mind at the moment...like a potential tax Bill just short of £5 million....for the moment he has an excuse to be useless/boring/condescending...(Take your pick).

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular

I take it Sir Alex Ferguson, Aberdeen and Manchester United does not count then? I suppose some of those wins were prior to 1992, i.e. The invention of football, so there is mitigation I guess....

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
The weird thing is that almost straight after coming out with the bit of nonsense about the Cups and Brendan Rodgers he mentioned Sir Alex. So obviously the info was in his brain but scrambled.

To be honest at that moment I don't think he cared. He was actually showing he is a real football fan. I hope that one day my team win a proper trophy and give me the chance to be just as embarrassing. 🙂

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
On BBC’s 5 live report yesterday, the presenter, whose name I didn’t catch commented that Lincoln (Having got past Sunderland) were now one game away from reaching the second tier for the first time in their history. Only the 5 instances out....although The Imps have not played at that level since 1961, they have been there on previous occasions. She also stated it would be their second promotion in 3 years, whereas an even more impressive claim would be to have said it would be their third in five years....if it happens. Very poor research/knowledge but to be honest, no more than I have come to expect from the Beeb.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
In the 70th min of the Man Utd v Villa Real match tonight Marcus Rashford missed a sitter - Robbie Savage and the commentator both stated Rashford was offside - he was way onside as the ball was cutback from near the by-line.

Karb

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sunderland AFC,
Keighley Cougars RLFC
I take it Sir Alex Ferguson, Aberdeen and Manchester United does not count then? I suppose some of those wins were prior to 1992, i.e. The invention of football, so there is mitigation I guess....
Johnny Cochrane was the first, winning with St Mirren and Sunderland

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
In the 70th min of the Man Utd v Villa Real match tonight Marcus Rashford missed a sitter - Robbie Savage and the commentator both stated Rashford was offside - he was way onside as the ball was cutback from near the by-line.
That is embarrassing....

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock