Sports presenters mistakes

hantslondoner

Youth Team Star
A classic from the Beeb last night on their red button coverage of Christchurch v Dulwich Hamlet. Although not a presenters mistake the caption at the end read Christchurch 2 Dulwich Hamlet 4 on penalties. In reality it was 1-3 after a 1-1 draw.
I watched most of the game and have to say I find co commentator Sue Smith someone who is ‘A stater of the bleeding obvious’....
In Germany, Kicker Sportmagazin would have put that one as 1:3 after penalties. You would have had to read the report to find out it was 1-1 at the end of 90 mins.
Some examples here (e.g. Kaiserslauten-Regensberg 3-4, but was 1-1 after 90 mins:

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Also a BBC mistake but this time the wireless. I decided to listen to the FA Cup game between Darlington v Tadcaster which was advertised on the BBC website with a link the game. The link took me to the BBC Radio York webpage and the only commentary was Chorley v York. I eventually found commentary via the NPL website but I missed the first half

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
On EFL on Quest, during the "highlights" of the Walsall 0 Exeter 0 game it was said that it was Exeter's first clean sheet at the Bank's Stadium for fifty years.

The stadium only opened in 1990.

The vulture

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Groundhog
On EFL on Quest, during the "highlights" of the Walsall 0 Exeter 0 game it was said that it was Exeter's first clean sheet at the Bank's Stadium for fifty years.

I actually thought he said since 1950.....but maybe not as I am a bit mutton.

Also there was Rotherham at home being referred to as the visitors,
and
Carlisle at Brunton Park taking the points home with them.

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Hailsham Town

I actually thought he said since 1950.....but maybe not as I am a bit mutton.
It could have been 1950. I just recalled fifty being in there somewhere.

The ground's still only 30 years old!

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
Another from EFL on Quest.

The League 2 goals were previewed by "one from Vale Park". Port Vale were away at Oldham.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks