Southern Counties Combination Football League

Thyme Machine

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Bath City; Road-Sea (Southampton); & East Preston
SOUTHERN COUNTIES COMBINATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE
For some reason this league still as air of mystery about it.
So here is its brief story. In 1971 the Isthmian and Athenian Leagues decided to disband their reserve division, which lead the formation of reserve leagues : Suburban : Essex & Herts Border Combination : Middlesex Border, in London and the home counties.
The Sussex based clubs Eastbourne Town, Horsham, Lewes, Redhill, Worthing, had no were to go and so formed this competition, along with Brighton & Hove Albion’s “A” XI, Crawley Town II, Pagham II and Wigmore Athletic II who could not get their sides into the County Leagues Reserve Division, and the final two sides were A.P.V. Athletic II and Uckfield Town.
The competition was always a mix of first XI and second XI throughout its seventeen year history, it was a good stepping stone from District Leagues to County League, which many sides took. But with the formation of County Three in 1983, its service route to the County League diminished and the league folded in the summer of 1988.

Attachments

leeroy

Ball Boy / Girl
Can you or anybody else help with the final table for 1983-84?

Many thanks

leeroy

Ball Boy / Girl
Apologies. I've just spotted the attachment covers all seasons. This is a great help. Many thanks.

leeroy

Ball Boy / Girl
SOUTHERN COUNTIES COMBINATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE
For some reason this league still as air of mystery about it.
So here is its brief story. In 1971 the Isthmian and Athenian Leagues decided to disband their reserve division, which lead the formation of reserve leagues : Suburban : Essex & Herts Border Combination : Middlesex Border, in London and the home counties.
The Sussex based clubs Eastbourne Town, Horsham, Lewes, Redhill, Worthing, had no were to go and so formed this competition, along with Brighton & Hove Albion’s “A” XI, Crawley Town II, Pagham II and Wigmore Athletic II who could not get their sides into the County Leagues Reserve Division, and the final two sides were A.P.V. Athletic II and Uckfield Town.
The competition was always a mix of first XI and second XI throughout its seventeen year history, it was a good stepping stone from District Leagues to County League, which many sides took. But with the formation of County Three in 1983, its service route to the County League diminished and the league folded in the summer of 1988.

Do you have any details of the Southern Counties Combination Floodlight League/Gilbert Rice Floodlight Cup? It was certainly played for in the 1980s, as I remember watching Crawley Town.

Many thanks

Ropemaker

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
Do you have any details of the Southern Counties Combination Floodlight League/Gilbert Rice Floodlight Cup? It was certainly played for in the 1980s, as I remember watching Crawley Town.
The SCC Floodlight Cup was still going in 96/97, which was the last time Hailsham played in it

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks