South Of Scotland League 2020/21

LeedsPhil

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
AGM by Zoom tonight.
Clubs voted by majority to start the season anyway, despite the Scottish-government-imposed BCD. Begins 10th October.

Gate money is not really a thing in the SoSFL - nearly all the ones I've attended were free in, and had attendances that were so low that if there had been a charge there wouldn't be much income generated anyway

After a vote from all 14 clubs, the league WILL begin on the 10th of October! After a long discussion, it was down to a vote between clubs to see if they begin the season or delay it a month. A majority voted for a 10th of October start!

Last edited:

buckielugger

Junior Team Star
Well down SoSL.

And yes, crowds pretty minimal usually.

Empty grounds will be hardest on the clubs with paid contracted players and staff.
Total loss of gate money and likely a big loss on any marketing/sponsorship/advertising income as there will literally be no one to advertise to. Plus businesses who might have normally had spare funds, to give to football and other sports clubs, will themselves be struggling more and more.

There could be a lot of clubs in danger in between Premier levels and the lower more amateur reaches.

BlackDouglas

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, The Rangers, Rochdale, QotS.
SoSL letfansin.jpg

prorege

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Starts tomorrow, all games Behind Closed Doors.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks