Social Distancing in Non-League Games

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Never ever give a public servant any power,they will always always abuse it.As l said earlier its a jobsworths utopia,eventually we are going to have to live with this virus if any kind of normality is to return.

Give anyone in public or private sector power and there's potential for them abusing it.

Ladderman

Reserve Team Starter
It's the congregation in the same areas of the ground that cause the issues and make it look problematic on social media. Every match I've been to since lockdown 99% of attendees have gathered close to the dugouts/in front of the clubhouse.
At both games I've been to - Stortford v orient and Stansted v Real Clapton- ive seen people pretty well spaced out. And there was close to 600 at Stortford.

WorksopBlade

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
I think this afternoon's 4pm announcement is bad news, non league football isn't Covid secure so I can see a temporary suspension on ALL football where there's no testing protocol.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
The announcement today will centre on the exams fiasco. Very little of what we do in our everyday lives is without risk and nothing has happened in the non league game to warrant the suspension of it.

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
The announcement today will centre on the exams fiasco. Very little of what we do in our everyday lives is without risk and nothing has happened in the non league game to warrant the suspension of it.
Exams fiasco? I know there’s been one, but that’s not what’ll be talked about today.

The rules don’t seem to have changed. Even at non-League games people are supposed to gather in groups of no more than six. The difference from Monday is that it’ll be legally enforceable, with fines for people who break the rules.

If clubs decide they not able to enforce the six people maximum inside their grounds, as part of a risk assessment, then smaller limits on crowds, or even more games behind closed doors, are possible.

All speculation though.

pokal02

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
The reports this morning suggested that stadiums were to be exempt from the increased restrictions, and that the Govt still wanted 1/3 capacity in stadiums by October. I'm not sure whether the cancellation of the Doncaster racing pilot (after today) means that they've changed their mind, or if it's just an isolated case of the local health authority acting unilaterally. Hopefully we'll know more after 16:00. (when I'll already have left for my game - hope I don't have to turn back).

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Star
The mayor of Doncaster certainly wasn't happy about the trial events going ahead at the racecourse this week, so could be a local decision.

Digdagdog

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Lancashire CCC, Wigan Warriors
Surely the problem is policing of this? Only the police can fine a group of people and I've never seen a copper at any game below Step 2. The Govt wants the responsibility to be taken by the clubs (hence the COVID proposals and approval), but clubs can't issue fines...unless they change their ground by-laws and then how many groups are going to want to return when some over-officious Step 5 Chairman starts issuing £100 on-the-spot fines?

Digdagdog

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Lancashire CCC, Wigan Warriors
The mayor of Doncaster certainly wasn't happy about the trial events going ahead at the racecourse this week, so could be a local decision.

She has already tweeted that it is for the best...so you may be right

GoldenMiller34

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Millwall
Surely the problem is policing of this? Only the police can fine a group of people and I've never seen a copper at any game below Step 2. The Govt wants the responsibility to be taken by the clubs (hence the COVID proposals and approval), but clubs can't issue fines...unless they change their ground by-laws and then how many groups are going to want to return when some over-officious Step 5 Chairman starts issuing £100 on-the-spot fines?
Chairmen have got to raise funds somehow lol

hamlet

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
anyone non league
Today was my late Mum's 26th birthday in 1940,it was the third day of the blitz which went on until mid May 1941.Every morning those that were still alive went to work,school or if you was an housewife you went out to queue for food.As you say nothing is risk free in life and perhaps we could take a leaf out of that generations stoicism.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
It can be a fine line between stoicism and irresponsibility.

Barnsley Dave

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
The reports this morning suggested that stadiums were to be exempt from the increased restrictions, and that the Govt still wanted 1/3 capacity in stadiums by October. I'm not sure whether the cancellation of the Doncaster racing pilot (after today) means that they've changed their mind, or if it's just an isolated case of the local health authority acting unilaterally. Hopefully we'll know more after 16:00. (when I'll already have left for my game - hope I don't have to turn back).
Yep, the Public Health Doncaster people made the decision due to a quite large increase in cases in the town though think it was still only 10 per 100,000 so not exactly pandemic proportions but they probably thought better to nip a possible problem in the bud

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Today was my late Mum's 26th birthday in 1940,it was the third day of the blitz which went on until mid May 1941.Every morning those that were still alive went to work,school or if you was an housewife you went out to queue for food.As you say nothing is risk free in life and perhaps we could take a leaf out of that generations stoicism.
Apart from all the thousands who were evacuated to safer parts of the country of course, no doubt putting a huge strain on local services in rural areas.

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Star
I've just seen a tweet from the Surrey Elite Intermediate League stating that spectators can continue to attend step 3 and below at the current levels, citing the Dept of Culture, Media & Sports

Reactions: Tim

mxhornet

Reserve Team Starter
I've just seen a tweet from the Surrey Elite Intermediate League stating that spectators can continue to attend step 3 and below at the current levels, citing the Dept of Culture, Media & Sports

I've seen a few similar football related messages that echo that, also the two sports I'm involved in ie running and netball can continue as they are too. Seemingly the focus is on preventing larger gatherings indoors rather than outdoors.

Swindon Addick

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
From what I've heard, the key thing is if the sport already has Covid-secure arrangements in place & approved they don't need to change. But the full guidelines aren't being published yet and may not be until shortly before the law changes, so who knows...

Uneppen55

Junior Team Sub
Apart from all the thousands who were evacuated to safer parts of the country of course, no doubt putting a huge strain on local services in rural areas.

Dear God. One of the reasons why the pandemic spread in this country is one of the worst in the world is that it's full of half-wits who have to express their idiotic 'common sense'. If you can't tell the difference between the Blitz bombings and a virus, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed out without your carer.

Haywain

Youth Team Regular
Every morning those that were still alive went to work,school or if you was an housewife you went out to queue for food.
And at night thousands went to spend their nights in underground stations, air raid shelters or Anderson shelters. People adapted to the prevailing circumstances, they certainly didn't carry on as normal.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks