Social Distancing in Non-League Games

Tel

Junior Team Sub
As I've suggested. The updated guidance due this week (hopefully) should square the circle.
Looks like the circle has not been squared up yet. The triangle is a better option, you can bounce around In a three sided object. Guidance will be given when they get of the trampoline and get around an oblong table. FOOTBALL IS BACK! (JUST)

albertstubbins

Ball Boy / Girl
As I've suggested. The updated guidance due this week (hopefully) should square the circle.
We have received the thumbs up from our county FA to go ahead and allow spectators to watch a step 9 friendly v step 9 opposition at a step 4 ground.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Presumably the government's recent 'touching the brakes' in its approach to easing lockdown is at the root of the delay. In the meantime, the guidance remains clear enough, and there doesn't seem to have been any significant problems arising from the first batch of friendlies last Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Chris1963

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
We have received the thumbs up from our county FA to go ahead and allow spectators to watch a step 9 friendly v step 9 opposition at a step 4 ground.
You didn't say who the teams are, or which ground it is, but I presume it's an enclosed ground. So it looks as if county FA's have more of a say (in the matter of whether or not to admit spectators to enclosed grounds) than the government does.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}

Chris1963

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
They still can't stop people from attending matches on park pitches, and the statement reluctantly admits to that.

paulh66

First Team Sub
Team{s}
They still can't stop people from attending matches on park pitches, and the statement reluctantly admits to that.
Indeed. Like the Green Cross Code man couldn't stop kids from playing in the road..

Karen Browne

Junior Team Star
The statement states SHOULD BE and not MUST BE

philglossop

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Saltash United
So. Plymstock United can't play Elburton in a friendly tonight, but Plymstock Cricket club can play a game on the same ground with the same facilities on Saturday.....

And I suspect this wont be the only example

SuperKev!

Junior Team Regular
So. Plymstock United can't play Elburton in a friendly tonight, but Plymstock Cricket club can play a game on the same ground with the same facilities on Saturday.....

And I suspect this wont be the only example
Nothing to stop them playing the game.

philglossop

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Saltash United
Nothing to stop them playing the game.
Open field, and DFL have insisted as a step 7 league no spectators.

But if I stand at the Old Sutts part of the ground then in theory i could watch the game.

I pity the clubs and the police.

andymac

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Market Drayton Tigers,
Stoke City
Interesting situation for us last night. 1st team v Reserves. Apart from each team's coaching staff, there were a couple of members of the commitee present to ensure compliance with Covid rules. The only spectator allowed was the 1st Team goal-keeper's dad as his son is under 18.

andymac

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
2,600 capacity set at Cae Ras (Wrexham) this season. Got to be 50% on average gate cut for a club on last term that were a piss poor team.

Dribble!

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Ipswich Town
Seems even with small crowds people cant act sensibly

From Heyford Athletic twitter feed
https://twitter.com/Heyford_Ath
Game called at half time. Ref wasn’t happy with group not socially distancing at the side of the pitch, and after a long delay whilst waiting to hear from a league representative
@MarstonSaints
call it a day.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Sub
Team{s}
The Knitters.
A Leics club are saying that : Clubs can operate their clubhouse in accordance with government hospitality guidance - but there should be no entry to the ground for spectators. Spectator and hospitality guidance is covered separately by government.

Apologies for posting the above and going over old ground but it certainly answers questions on how a couple of clubs around these parts have gotten away with having European football on the telly on the same nights as there has been a PSF game on the ground.

Ladderman

Youth Team Star
I'm not particularly fussed about. Iss8nf friendlies but it is a bit ludicrous. Having spent four and a half hours on a plan with 204 other people , sitting next to a stranger, i can go ro a football game with a similar number outdoors

White Ant

Ball Boy / Girl
The various initiatives / petitions etc are all well and good, but what really needs to happen is for the clubs to ensure their Covid plans are robust and audited so the government can't use them as an excuse that the clubs aren't fully prepared or sufficiently aware of the risks. It's one thing to have a detailed plan for a venue like the Crucible, but another thing altogether to get a lot of clubs run by volunteers in their spare time to devise a credible approach for their particular circumstances. You've only got to look at the difference between those plans that look in great detail at the ground, the capacity, the secure areas, the walking routes etc against ones that look like generic risk analysis documents that may have not even been devise for a sporting venue, let alone a Step 3/4 football ground.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks