Signings!!

Barron

Junior Team Hopeful
Cant find a thread for signings so thought I'd get one going! Lot of cash strapped clubs in non league and that was before corona kicked in.. Be interesting to see what moves teams can make behind the scenes..

Newton Abbot snapping up a solid journeyman in Gutteridge here https://bit.ly/2Vfk7hd. Always gives 110% and can pay a fair bit

That league football experience will be invaluable to the squad. Nice to hear about signings and positivity for the future... hopefully theres more to come!

Any other decent signings on the horizon?

WorksopBlade

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
Ilkeston Town added former Champions League defender Kelvin Wilson as a player/coach after 3 years out the game.

He defended against Messi while at Celtic.

Also lists Notts Forest, Notts County, Rotherham & Preston on his CV.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
This a genuine question and we have many Club officials on here so I will hope they can clear it up.

Even in a normal season Clubs announce 'signings' in May or June. My understanding is that players can't be registered to play in the League that they are in until 1st July no matter what level.

This isn't a normal season. We don't even know when non league football will restart. I haven't seen anything from the FA that changes the current player registration rules and we don't know when next season will start.

Can someone help me out with this continious we have signed a top striker for Tadcaster Albion stuff? [just used a random example]

Ladderman

Youth Team Star
Only contracted players really count.

Stortford have 15 "signed" players. At least 7 could leave at a moment's notice. Or just dual register

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Only contracted players really count.

Stortford have 15 "signed" players. At least 7 could leave at a moment's notice. Or just dual register
So announced signings are meaningless unless you give them a contract? And if you give them a contract without even knowing when the season will start... well

Looking for Club officials to explain this to me.

Sparky

Junior Team Hopeful
Isthmian League registration forms are out - Any sent to the league before 1st July will be held until this date before the players are registered.

Northstandexile

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
Mansfield have announced two new signings but have said the contracts will not start until 1st Aug.

it appears that they have been told training will start early August with games staring mid September.

Homeaway

Ball Boy / Girl
NWCFL clubs will not be able to register any players until a month before the start date of the season,whenever that may be

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Mansfield have announced two new signings but have said the contracts will not start until 1st Aug.

it appears that they have been told training will start early August with games staring mid September.
Told by who?

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I think the answer is, that the players have been told by the club, that this is what they are expecting.

This is what was mentioned on our "Pub Call", yesterday, although with the rider that this is far from confirmed.

Meanwhile, I saw an announcement that Enfield FC (Essex League @Bishop's Stortford), have signed Jamie Cureton, (formerly of almost everyone). But then it appears he may have been dual registered with both clubs at the ground last season.

WorksopBlade

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
Liversedge FC confirm that "signing of signings" and club legend in the making Joe Walton has re-signed for their promotion push.

He could easily play further up the pyramid tbh, cracking centre forward. Tall, strong, powerful, fast and can bag for fun in the NCEL. To think he used to be a centre half!

Ladderman

Youth Team Star
It's Bishop's :)

He left about a month before The Plague struck. Hornchurch offered him a deal to the end of 2020/1, Stortford wouldn't match it. He's 44, expecting to be guaranteed a place in the team for next season was unrealistic. As proven by Hornchurch going back on their word.

Signing for "Enfield" is interesting, I imagine he hopes to come back to the Blue Brazil. He played a game for Enfield last year - apparently so he could say he'd scored in all top nine levels of English football - and got sent off. I like Jamie, but sometimes it's all about James & records.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Starter
I think he played at least a couple more games for Enfield at a later date and did actually score at least once for them

Enfield also now have Neil Ruddock on their board (he was already assisting in a coaching role)

bspittles

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Leek Town, Oxford United
This a genuine question and we have many Club officials on here so I will hope they can clear it up.

Even in a normal season Clubs announce 'signings' in May or June. My understanding is that players can't be registered to play in the League that they are in until 1st July no matter what level.

This isn't a normal season. We don't even know when non league football will restart. I haven't seen anything from the FA that changes the current player registration rules and we don't know when next season will start.

Can someone help me out with this continious we have signed a top striker for Tadcaster Albion stuff? [just used a random example]
It raises the level of excitement, and possibly helps attract/retain sponsors.

Barron

Junior Team Hopeful
It's Bishop's :)

He left about a month before The Plague struck. Hornchurch offered him a deal to the end of 2020/1, Stortford wouldn't match it. He's 44, expecting to be guaranteed a place in the team for next season was unrealistic. As proven by Hornchurch going back on their word.

Signing for "Enfield" is interesting, I imagine he hopes to come back to the Blue Brazil. He played a game for Enfield last year - apparently so he could say he'd scored in all top nine levels of English football - and got sent off. I like Jamie, but sometimes it's all about James & records.
I think he'll get goals... Clearly loves the game so will always put effort in just think at he might pop his hip out doing 90minutes.. And not only did he score in top 9 leagues but he was the only player to do it!

Ladderman

Youth Team Star
He'll score goals, I'm surprised he's dropped down to step 5, he lives in the Sudbury area, he could certainly do a job for them.

cleethorpesoggy

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Nottingham Forest, Arnold Town, Cleethorpes Town
So announced signings are meaningless unless you give them a contract? And if you give them a contract without even knowing when the season will start... well

Looking for Club officials to explain this to me.
It is correct to say that registrations generally open on 1st July and any "non-contract" announcements before this are largely meaningless. As has been pointed out, clubs often put "signings" on social media to maintain interest.

This year is slightly different, at least in the Northern Premier League, where registration documents are already being accepted.

As far as I know, we are still awaiting advice from the FA/NPL about wording on contracts for 2020/21 though. Obviously, given that many teams were stung by the unprecedented curtailment in March, I am expecting no firm dates, more general clauses, e.g. may read "from the Monday before the first League fixture". Then, if the season did not commence until, say, 3rd October - pay would not be triggered until 28th September.

Sarfas

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Chelmsford City
I think he'll get goals... Clearly loves the game so will always put effort in just think at he might pop his hip out doing 90minutes.. And not only did he score in top 9 leagues but he was the only player to do it!
Did he? Full Time says he only made two ESL appearances for Enfield, without scoring.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks