Scottish Lowlands Development League 2021/2

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Plenty Friday night football to look forward to with 6 Conferences running next season:

Conference A (14 teams)

Bonnyrigg Rose
Bonnyton Thistle
BSC Glasgow
Caledonian Braves
Civil Service Strollers
Cumbernauld Colts
East Fife
East Kilbride
Edinburgh City
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Kelty Hearts
Spartans
Stirling Albion
University of Stirling

Conference B (14 teams)

Kennoway Hearts
Armadale
Camelon
Edinburgh College
Edinburgh South
Edinburgh United
Edinburgh University
Glenrothes
Heriot Watt University
Musselburgh Athletic
Penicuik Athletic
Preston Athletic
Sauchie
Whitehill Welfare

Conference C (15 teams)

Blackburn United
Craigroyston
Dalkeith Thistle
Dunipace
Fauldhouse United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Jeanfield Swifts
Leith Athletic
Livingston United
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
Newtongrange Star
Oakley United
Tynecastle
West Calder

Conference D (16 teams)

Bellshill
Blantyre Victoria
Cambuslang Rangers
Carluke Rovers
East Kilbride Thistle
Forth Wanderers
Gartcairn
Glasgow United
Glenvale
Harthill Royal
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Mid Annandale
Petershill
Shotts Bon Accord
St Peters
St Roch’s

Conference E (14 teams)

Ashfield
Benburb
BSC Glasgow (WOSL)
Clydebank
Drumchapel United
Johnstone Burgh
Maryhill
Pollok
Renfrew
Rossvale
St Anthonys
St Cadocs
Vale of Leven
Yoker Athletic

Conference F (15 teams)

Ardeer Thistle
Ardrossan Winton Rovers
Arthurlie
Auchinleck Talbot
Beith
Cumnock
Darvel
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Largs Thistle
Maybole
Neilston
Port Glasgow
Troon
Whittlets Victoria

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
Should be good for Friday night football fans.
Stirling Albion the 3rd SPFL club to enter a side.
Farcically there are 2 BSC sides the Alloa mob should be changing their name.

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
The SFA have ruled that players who would have been eligible when there was no fitba because of covid but now find themselves over-age for this, cannot have a dispensation to carry that over and play in this league this season.
That has messed around quite a few sides (and 400 players).
So to give sides time to sort thmselves out, this league's start has been delayed - now it will start on Friday 30th July.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
The SFA have ruled that players who would have been eligible when there was no fitba because of covid but now find themselves over-age for this, cannot have a dispensation to carry that over and play in this league this season.
That has messed around quite a few sides (and 400 players).
So to give sides time to sort thmselves out, this league's start has been delayed - now it will start on Friday 30th July.
Going by the Pie and Bovril thread on this it seems like the LL board led teams up the garden path about the exemption.
Probably had their head buried up the old firm to notice.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Going by the Pie and Bovril thread on this it seems like the LL board led teams up the garden path about the exemption.
Probably had their head buried up the old firm to notice.
The incompetence of the Lowland League power brokers is staggering.

Presumably they thought, quite laudably I suppose, that a cohort of players have been denied playing U20 football. However, if this change was for one year only, then all they were doing was denying the next U20 cohort their opportunity. The only solution that did not disadvantage an age group would be to change to U21 football and that's not going to happen.

And it isn't the first time they have made unilateral promises about things that are outwith their remit - Tier 6 Conferences for the West of Scotland League being the other major example of them over-stepping the mark.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
The incompetence of the Lowland League power brokers is staggering.

Presumably they thought, quite laudably I suppose, that a cohort of players have been denied playing U20 football. However, if this change was for one year only, then all they were doing was denying the next U20 cohort their opportunity. The only solution that did not disadvantage an age group would be to change to U21 football and that's not going to happen.

And it isn't the first time they have made unilateral promises about things that are outwith their remit - Tier 6 Conferences for the West of Scotland League being the other major example of them over-stepping the mark.
Aye I thought if they had wanted to give those boys another year U21 would have been the easiest way to do it.
But as you say it’s just denying this years crop of players.
I imagine most of the players wouldn’t have made it anyway, the ones that are good enough will get kept for first team squads.

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Lowlands Development league fixtures attached.

Some unusual and unexpected venues.

Attachments

• Under 20 League Fixture List 2021 22.xlsx
    45 KB · Views: 75

prorege

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Local for me

LLD

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Livingston
Down to 85 teams in the Lowland Development League - Petershill, Dalry Thistle and Maybole Juniors have all withdrawn so far.

I suspect others might follow as the season progresses.

I'm trying to make fixture info available on my Scottish Football Fixtures (wordpress) website but it hasn't been easy. Venues vary considerably from the list provided initially.

LLD

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Livingston
Harthill Royal have now dropped out of this league

Peasie

Junior Team Sub
I'm trying to make fixture info available on my Scottish Football Fixtures (wordpress) website but it hasn't been easy. Venues vary considerably from the list provided initially.

Clubs may have been able to use their own ground at the start of the season with the lighter nights but would have to move to other grounds with floodlights. Largs Thistle for instance now play at Inverclyde Sports Centre.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks