First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Full details on how SPFL Divisons 1 and 2 will be resolved:

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
According to the FM today, Adult outdoor contact sports (non-elite) can resume from May 17. Assuming a couple of weeks lead time needed before competitive fixtures can start then I would say the chances of anything outwith the SPFL playing this season are slim.

LeedsPhil

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Leeds + groundhopping
North Caledonian League, potentially.
Only a few matchdays needed to complete their season.

SJFA North have formally declared straightaway tonight : Null & Void.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
East Region SJFA also terminated their season and declared it Null and Void. Might be that we have seen our last ever Junior games in the East.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
West of Scotland League now terminated and declared null and void for 2020/1.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Last night's Clyde v East Fife match was postponed 15 minutes after scheduled kick off time as a Clyde player or official received a positive result from a Covid test.

The details are not yet clear. Clyde claim that the game could have gone ahead but East Fife refused to take the field with them. That may or may not be true.

The SPFL rule is that if any team cannot fulfil their post-split fixtures then PPG will determine the final rankings.

East Fife and Clyde both play on Thursday of this week. Clyde play on Saturday and East Fife play on Tuesday to finish the season. The Play offs start a week on Saturday.

If the postponed match is to be played then somebody will have to play on successive days. Of course, Clyde may have to go into isolation for a spell, depending on who the infected individual is and who they have had contact with.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Thursday 6?
There is no benefit to East Fife in the game never being played (nor loss) - so they cannot be calculating that
The relegation play-off position should be decided on the field on Saturday
Certainly if the Sons win, one would expect Clyde to be the team in that position, and three points against East would not then help them

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
Thursday 6?
There is no benefit to East Fife in the game never being played (nor loss) - so they cannot be calculating that
The relegation play-off position should be decided on the field on Saturday
Certainly if the Sons win, one would expect Clyde to be the team in that position, and three points against East would not then help them
I think East Fife were right to refuse to play.
Their manager said that several of their players partners are pregnant and they didn’t want to be on the same pitch as people who have been in contact with someone who has had a positive result.
Also the players could have ended up self isolating which wouldn’t go down well with their employers.
Clyde players would have been tested on Saturday after their game so I don’t know how it took that long to be announced.

buckielugger

Youth Team Sub
I think East Fife were right to refuse to play.
Their manager said that several of their players partners are pregnant and they didn’t want to be on the same pitch as people who have been in contact with someone who has had a positive result.
Also the players could have ended up self isolating which wouldn’t go down well with their employers.
Clyde players would have been tested on Saturday after their game so I don’t know how it took that long to be announced.

This is definitely a bigger issue with part time players who would be putting their main income possibly at risk (and family members too, especially those referred to).
The game can be fitted in on another date. Safety has to come first.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
With Fife moving into level 1 yesterday Cowden announced last night that they are hopeful of getting up to 1000 into games next season.
Social distancing will be in place and an advance payment scheme may be in operation.
Given our average gates there should be more than enough room for everyone.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
With Fife moving into level 1 yesterday Cowden announced last night that they are hopeful of getting up to 1000 into games next season.
Social distancing will be in place and an advance payment scheme may be in operation.
Given our average gates there should be more than enough room for everyone.
That's good. Cowden are lucky to have two grandstands and a large terracing area - probably the best placed club to admit fans in Leagues One and Two. You can also make folk use the Chapel Street gates to keep them away from the Players / Officials area.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
That's good. Cowden are lucky to have two grandstands and a large terracing area - probably the best placed club to admit fans in Leagues One and Two. You can also make folk use the Chapel Street gates to keep them away from the Players / Officials area.
Don’t know what the exact set up will be.
Going by the closed door games I can see the new stand being for subs etc in the red zone and the rest an amber one for directors etc.
Maybe room for a small amount of fans.
As you say a ground many have a go at but it’s layout might work in our favour.
Lots of others will struggle Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City are the first to come to mind in L2.
Can’t really think of anyone who would maybe be allowed the 1000.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Don’t know what the exact set up will be.
Going by the closed door games I can see the new stand being for subs etc in the red zone and the rest an amber one for directors etc.
Maybe room for a small amount of fans.
As you say a ground many have a go at but it’s layout might work in our favour.
Lots of others will struggle Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City are the first to come to mind in L2.
Can’t really think of anyone who would maybe be allowed the 1000.
Stirling might if they open the two terraces. Falkirk, if they use all 3 stands. Other than that in leagues 1 and 2, probably 500-700 tops, unless the rules change.

Cowden Andy

Reserve Team Starter
Stirling might if they open the two terraces. Falkirk, if they use all 3 stands. Other than that in leagues 1 and 2, probably 500-700 tops, unless the rules change.
I was at Stirling reporting on our game in December.
They had the main stand side for the red zone.
The traditional away stand had our team under it , the media and some Albion directors were also in there.
Forthbank was the only other L2 ground I could think off which would be allowed the 1000 maybe they will rejig things to allow it to happen.
I didn’t mention Falkirk as I was just thinking of L2 but as you say that would be another which would be ok.
I also noticed in our statement that clubs would still have to test 3 times a week an expensive business.

prorege

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Scotland will move to Level 0 restrictions from July 19.

For football this means:

Outdoors seated – 2000 maximum capacity
Outdoors Standing – 1000 maximum capacity

Social distancing remains at 1m between different bubbles.

Clubs can apply for special permission to have larger numbers if they can accommodate it with social distancing measures in place.

Face masks remain compulsory on public transport and in shops etc.

The Government remains hopeful that more restrictions can be removed on August 9.

BillShep

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
City of Liverpool FC
So you can reach Level 0 restrictions, but that means there are still some restrictions.
Excuse my understanding of the English language but I thought ZERO was also the same as NONE.
Apparently not.

johnr

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Spinal Tap could set it to 11 so why not minus 1 and beyond!!!

buckielugger

Youth Team Sub
So you can reach Level 0 restrictions, but that means there are still some restrictions.
Excuse my understanding of the English language but I thought ZERO was also the same as NONE.
Apparently not.

No levels at all would be none.
Level zero is still a level though, below level one.
Plus this will be adapted level zero.
So more level 0.5

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks