Saturday football-unusual kick off times.

Cherryhopper

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Saturday 5th December
Plymouth & West Devon League Premier Cup 1st Round

12 noon:
Roborough Rangers v Plymouth Parkway 2nds
West Park, Woolaton Grove (off B3413 close to A38)
Also within reach of this is Plymouth Argyle Development v Totnes & Dartington in Devon League SW Division at 2:15pm on the 3G next to Plymouth Parkway.

Penalties permitting, a few South Devon League games also reachable as they seem able to get away with 2:30pm KO's without lights in December! The nearest being Buckfastleigh Rangers, Meadowbrook Athletic (ground in Dartington) and Kingsbridge & Kellaton (at Loddiswell). An early finish at Roborough might put Harbertonford or East Allington within reach too.

pilgrim46

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Plymouth Argyle, any non league team in Devon & Cornwall
I can't find anywhere at the moment Mike that the Plymouth Argyle Development v Totnes & Dartington game (providing the go ahead to resume is given) is being played on the 3G at Manadon. If it is moved to the 3G the kick off might be put back to 3:00pm as this is what happened for their last league game before the latest lockdown

Tim

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Assuming at each game there is five minutes for half time and no penalty nonsense, is there a treble in Plymouth?

Steveb

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
I can't find anywhere at the moment Mike that the Plymouth Argyle Development v Totnes & Dartington game (providing the go ahead to resume is given) is being played on the 3G at Manadon. If it is moved to the 3G the kick off might be put back to 3:00pm as this is what happened for their last league game before the latest lockdown
Do they not use the 3G for home games? Have wondered whether Plymouth’s Youth Alliance matches are usually on grass or 3G at Manadon.

pilgrim46

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
There's a grass pitch there Steve & that's what I saw them playing on last season. I assumed they were still playing on it this season with the 2:15pm kick off times as there's no floodlights on the grass pitch. I notice that 2 teams in Plymouth & West Devon League (Plymouth United & Mount Wise) use Manadon as a home venue. Mount Wise are home on 19 December as are Plymouth Argyle Development so presumably 1 will use the 3G pitch.

Cherryhopper

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Do they not use the 3G for home games? Have wondered whether Plymouth’s Youth Alliance matches are usually on grass or 3G at Manadon.
Plymouth Argyle Youth play at Bolitho Park, Parkway's ground according to a match report on AFC Bournemouth's website of Cherries' Youth Alliance Cup tie there on 11th November.

Steveb

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Plymouth Argyle Youth play at Bolitho Park, Parkway's ground according to a match report on AFC Bournemouth's website of Cherries' Youth Alliance Cup tie there on 11th November.
Thanks for that. I had wondered if that might be the case, and potentially-frustrating discovery if I made the effort to get there on a Saturday morning.

Cherryhopper

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Assuming at each game there is five minutes for half time and no penalty nonsense, is there a treble in Plymouth?
Only 2pm KO's on the way from West Park to Devonport High School are the Signal Box Oak Villa derby (2nds v 1sts) or Belgrave v Mainstone Social at Sheridan Park, not Gardens as listed on Fulltime, it's at the junction of Sheridan Road and Shirley Gardens just over a mile from the first game and about 4 miles from the last game but not sure how long it will take to get there through built up Plymouth, best ask Pilgrim.

Reactions: Tim

hoofhearted

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Spartans
Also within reach of this is Plymouth Argyle Development v Totnes & Dartington in Devon League SW Division at 2:15pm on the 3G next to Plymouth Parkway.

Dont forget Lakeside are at home at 1415 and that is only a short walk from West Park.

pilgrim46

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Only 2pm KO's on the way from West Park to Devonport High School are the Signal Box Oak Villa derby (2nds v 1sts) or Belgrave v Mainstone Social at Sheridan Park, not Gardens as listed on Fulltime, it's at the junction of Sheridan Road and Shirley Gardens just over a mile from the first game and about 4 miles from the last game but not sure how long it will take to get there through built up Plymouth, best ask Pilgrim.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say it would take a minimum 15 minute drive from Signal Box Oak Villa to Devonport High School & maybe 20 minutes from Sheridan Park to Devonport High School (although that might be a bit quicker as there won't be any Argyle traffic

Reactions: Tim

Cherryhopper

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
12 noon:
Roborough Rangers v Plymouth Parkway 2nds
West Park, Woolaton Grove (off B3413 close to A38)

With the FA Vase dates now known can add Millbrook v Sherborne (1st Round) and Plymouth Parkway v Newton Abbot Spurs (2nd Round) both 3pm to the list of games reachable after this.

Cherryhopper

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Worth mentioning these 5:20pm kick offs in the National League now there is a possibility of spectators being able to attend:

5th Dec - Weymouth v Halifax Town
12th Dec - Solihull Moors v Bromley
26th Dec - Dover Athletic v Dagenham & Redbridge

Weymouth can be doubled with plenty of early kick offs in East Devon (2:15pm), South Somerset (2pm) and Dorset (2pm, county cups 1:30pm).

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Leics Senior League 1 fixture on Saturday 5th December. Kirby Muxloe Res v Ingles Res at 15:00 with the first team having provisionally arranged to play a friendly against Coalville Town beforehand at 12:30.

dtr1989

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bury FC
Well I just started a thread for the Saturday morning league in Manchester which I was going to keep upto date for people. Some over zealous mod has locked it. I won’t offer my time to help others on this forum furthermore.

dtr1989

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bury FC
But they’re not unusual kick off times if they’re in a Saturday morning league. This thread would be swamped if regular fixtures for Saturday morning leagues were included.
I didn’t post it in here - I started a whole thread regarding the league. I only posted the above in here as I’m sure if I start a thread about it, the regime will start trying to boss about.

Hoddy1.

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
I didn’t post it in here - I started a whole thread regarding the league. I only posted the above in here as I’m sure if I start a thread about it, the regime will start trying to boss about.
The league is on the 2020/21 League Index.
Restructuring.
Sticky.
You can add to SimonupNorths opening gambit.

dtr1989

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Bury FC
The league is on the 2020/21 League Index.
Restructuring.
Sticky.
You can add to SimonupNorths opening gambit.
well if I go along with the mods views of things being in wrong places, please tell me why I would post fixtures and results in a restructuring discussion?

Hoddy1.

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
well if I go along with the mods views of things being in wrong places, please tell me why I would post fixtures and results in a restructuring discussion?
Well ask for it to be on the main results / fixtures thread. You'd need to catch up for the season though, you sound keen.
I keep 2 leagues / 6 divisions going, its reasonably easy.
Sure someone could set up initially for you.

Keep the faith.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
You said that you did not know where the correct thread was - so a link was posted, following which it was closed

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks