Saturday April 3rd

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Tempting fate I know, but FullTime have Somerset recommencing on April 3rd and, if so, I'll aim for the Premier Division clash of

Ilminster v Chard

Ostrich

Junior Team Starter
Also tempting fate in Somerset, but at a lower level. Definitely muddy rec time ;)
Three clubs I need in the Yeovil Premier have home fixtures 3rd April (fixtures on FullTime), so perm one from Templecombe, Odcombe and Stoke sub Hamden. Odcombe vs Waggy currently in pole position ........

Tim

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Time to invoke the Nearest Unvisited Ground Rule, which at present will also see me in God's County at:

2.00 Stoke sub Hamdon v Manor Athletic (Yeovil League Premier Division)

Manchester Warrior

Reserve Team Hopeful
Why restrict yourself? There are some gems below step 6 and often not a discernible difference in standard.
Prefer to watch a match where I already support one of the teams taking part. Main exception being the Super League Grand Final. Have been to a handful of football games over the years as a neutral, but never found them all that enjoyable. :)

Miles Offside

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Everton,Marine. Burscough, WireRL
All being well I'm looking at Blacon Youth v St Helens T Res [Cheshire Lg2], unless step 7 option arises.

dtr1989

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Bury FC
10.15am - Eastlands v Hazel Grove (Manchester Saturday morning League division 2)
2pm - Burnley Belvedere v Mill Hill (East Lancashire league cup)

Belushi

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Coventry City
Prefer to watch a match where I already support one of the teams taking part. Main exception being the Super League Grand Final. Have been to a handful of football games over the years as a neutral, but never found them all that enjoyable. :)
I prefer being a neutral.

I can just enjoy the football and hope the best team (or the one with the least mouthy manager) wins.
When I actively supported a team my enjoyment depended on how my team was playing: too much emotional investment to really appreciate the game.

I tend to visit grounds which have a friendly vibe, or have facilities for the weather; not all my local non-league sides have adequate cover, for example.

My current favourites are: Nuneaton Griff, Leicester Road and Romulus.

Also, when I watch Rugby Union, Old Leamingtonians are welcoming (as are most RU clubs in my area).

And as for Rugby League, Coventry Bears fit the bill.

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
10.15am - Eastlands v Hazel Grove (Manchester Saturday morning League division 2)
2pm - Burnley Belvedere v Mill Hill (East Lancashire league cup)
Far too early to make any firm plans, especially with many more fixtures to (hopefully) appear. But as Eastlands is my last remaining Manchester Saturday Morning League ground I might also begin the day there.

Cherryhopper

First Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Provided the Somerset League resumption is confirmed, my first choice will be
Tunley Athletic v Banwell in Division 3.

If not will sets my sights on either the Yeovil & District or Surrey Intermediate (West) for which Odcombe and Chiddingfold are my current top picks.

Cleeve

Youth Team Regular
Provided the Somerset League resumption is confirmed, my first choice will be
Tunley Athletic v Banwell in Division 3.

If not will sets my sights on either the Yeovil & District or Surrey Intermediate (West) for which Odcombe and Chiddingfold are my current top picks.
I was also eyeing up Chiddingfold, but I noticed that they are touting for ringers who play at step 6 or above. Makes me think twice about going. Or are all step 8 and below clubs going to do the same?

Kingsmere

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers
Maybe AFC Bromsgrove v Tysoe United in the Stratford Alliance unless I do it the Thursday before.

Spiderbee

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Colliers Wood United, Brentford, Queen's Park
Commencing on Saturday 3rd April, Wibbandune will be hosting 8 home league matches for Earlsfield United FC, who play in the Surrey South Eastern Combination Division 1.

Sat 3rd April v Balham "B" 2pm

Wed 14th April v AFC Ewell 7.30pm

Sat 17th April v Goldfingers 2pm

Sat 24th April v West Fulham 2pm

Wed 5th May v FC Tooting Bec 7.30pm

Sat 1st May v Frenches Athletic 2pm

Wed 12th May v Sporting 50 7.30pm

Sat 15th May v Wandgas Sports 2pm

This is because Raynes Park Vale FC, where Earlsfield have been ground sharing, are to undergo major pitch renovations throughout the spring and summer months.

Canary fan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Norwich City
Commencing on Saturday 3rd April, Wibbandune will be hosting 8 home league matches for Earlsfield United FC, who play in the Surrey South Eastern Combination Division 1.

Sat 3rd April v Balham "B" 2pm

Wed 14th April v AFC Ewell 7.30pm

Sat 17th April v Goldfingers 2pm

Sat 24th April v West Fulham 2pm

Wed 5th May v FC Tooting Bec 7.30pm

Sat 1st May v Frenches Athletic 2pm

Wed 12th May v Sporting 50 7.30pm

Sat 15th May v Wandgas Sports 2pm

This is because Raynes Park Vale FC, where Earlsfield have been ground sharing, are to undergo major pitch renovations throughout the spring and summer months.

Should this not be posted in a more appropriate section of the forum?

Chris1963

First Team Hopeful
Which part of the forum should it be in? It does mention a fixture on 3rd April which is what this thread is about.

The only issue is whether spectators are allowed, although this is a venue where it may be possible to view from outside (not that I would want to attend the match on the 3rd April unless it was the only one in the UK being played that day)

Spiderbee

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Colliers Wood United, Brentford, Queen's Park

Given that the first game is 3rd April, I thought this thread appropriate.
Please feel free to move elsewhere however.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I do not have the ability to move a single post to another thread. I can delete it, edit it, or let it stand
The implication of posting on this thread is that you are at least considering the game
It does not matter that others do not fancy it

Clearly, the information could be of use to someone, so it stands

Canary fan

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Norwich City
I do not have the ability to move a single post to another thread. I can delete it, edit it, or let it stand
The implication of posting on this thread is that you are at least considering the game
It does not matter that others do not fancy it

Clearly, the information could be of use to someone, so it stands
Apologies if I caused confusion. I certainly wouldn’t question why somebody would go to a particular game on 3rd April. I was just suggesting that the list of other fixtures and dates would be likely to get lost in a thread entitled 3rd April.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks