Saturday 23rd May 2020

SWTR256

Junior Team Hopeful
Hendon 2-2 Hendon Legends
Virtual Match
Admission : £10
Programme : £2.50 (electronic copy only)
Venue : Football Manager SJP Stadium
Attendance : c.60

Done as a fundraiser for Hendon FC, a virtual match was set up on Football Manager 2020. Over £2,300 was raised through admission, sponsorship, 50-50 draw and Golden goal.

Game started slowly, but the Legends, who included players who had played for the club from the early 1910s through to the 2018, were two goals up by half time through John Baker and 'Chummy' Parker. The current squad came back into the game as goals from Luca Allinson, son of the current manager, and Shaun Lucien ensured the game ended all square. The Legends squad included a number of Amateur Internationals, a Northern Irish International and a Bulgarian International. The current squad was managed by current manager Lee Allinson, and the Legends squad was managed by Gary McCann, who also played in the second half, taking over from John Swannell between the sticks.

Whilst I am no longer involved in any way at Hendon, and have watched hardly any football this season (2 Hendon games, 1 Chalfont St Peter game live and 2 Portsmouth games on TV) it was a very enjoyable afternoon just to watch something a bit different.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks