Saturday 15th February 2020

buncranaboy

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Not a great venue to visit though if the wind and rain are coming from the south-west, because that is the direction which the two kit stands at the ground face into! Not sure why the ground was designed like this, particularly as it is located in a very spacious public open space and it would have not been a problem putting the stands on the other side, or even building the venue in a different orientation. The complex is one of those that requires a QR code but this can be easily circumvented by walking through the excellent café in the main building. The entrance is in Ruislip Road, opposite Byron Way.
Thanks for that

pokal02

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
A pointless trip to the Hive to see Barnet v Harrogate called off at 14:30. If it's called off earlier, looking at AFC Stoneham, St Panteleimon or Yeading Town (all 3G) but suspect even some/all of these might go west too.

Shambles

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Gillingham FC
Saturday 15th February
Sky Bet League One

Gillingham v Doncaster Rovers

Games: 161
Goals: 573
Goal Average: 3.56
New Grounds: 17 (8) (Greenways Aces, Sporting Club Thamesmead 3G, Staplehurst Monarchs United, Salford City, Hassocks, Burgess Hill Town, Sofia Vasil Levski National Stadium, Levski Sofia, Boreham Wood, Rush Green Stadium, AC Milan, Merstham, Ipswich Wanderers, Hullbridge Sports, Royal Olympic Charleroi, BX Brussels, RSC Anderlecht [May & Baker, Coventry City, FC Romania, White Ensign, New Salamis, Biggleswade, Greenwich Borough, Hashtag United])

Last Match:
Wednesday 12th February
Essex Senior League

Hashtag United 1 Saffron Walden Town 1

FatCat

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Witham Town, Rochdale and West Ham United.
Boreham v Pitsea Town
County Motor Works Vauxhall Mid-Essex League Division 2

Another new ground for me and a rare foray into the Mid-Essex League.
Have passed their pitch on my travels many times and it looks like they have a decent clubhouse.

Andy D

Junior Team Regular
Early plan is Liphook United v Paulsgrove, Hampshire Premier League, the last remaining ground I need in this division. Required 3G back up at AFC Stoneham.
Liphook v Paulsgrove fell yesterday, even before the arrival of Dennis so will probably just head straight for AFC Stoneham v Tadley Calleva.

Tim

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Anyone who fancies a grass pitch on Saturday should try :-

AFC Alsager v Keele University in Staffs Senior Division 1. Alsager are league leaders and the new ground has superb drainage. Not had a game off this season and almost certain to play on Saturday.

Note, the new ground is at Alsager sports hub in Dunnocksfold Road
[/QUOTE]

Even though my mum warned me about taking advice from strange men, I think I shall follow Dave56's suggestion and head for AFC Alsager v Keele University at 2.30 pm. Unless something more exciting comes along....

BDA_85

Youth Team Regular
Not a great venue to visit though if the wind and rain are coming from the south-west, because that is the direction which the two kit stands at the ground face into! Not sure why the ground was designed like this, particularly as it is located in a very spacious public open space and it would have not been a problem putting the stands on the other side, or even building the venue in a different orientation. The complex is one of those that requires a QR code but this can be easily circumvented by walking through the excellent café in the main building. The entrance is in Ruislip Road, opposite Byron Way.
That's great, thanks. This is my back up choice, and knowing it is on 3G then I will definitely travel there if first choice is off.

Tony Le Mesmer

Ball Boy / Girl
These are the days you thank those contributing to the 3G pitch thread. So im looking at etiher:

Fisher v Crowborough, or

Bedfont Sports with some pre match viewing of planes landing in storm conditions. Might get to see some 'go arounds'.

pokal02

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Barnet, Cockfosters
Bees v Harrogate already off so edging towards St Panteilemon now - even driving to Stoneham probably not looking great (& I now see they're at home on Tue 18th - looking likely to be my last non-Barnet Tuesday this season!)

mxhornet

Junior Team Sub
Flitch United v Dedham Old Boys (2-30) is probably nearest new ground from Great Notley where I'll be running cross country at 1245 so is plan A, though the weather may mean using a back up of either Stanway Pegasus or even Braintree Town for a revisit.
The Essex Cross Country League fixture is off due to forecast high winds, so I need a new plan. Quite possibly struggling to find anything on.

Oxpete

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
With that vague idea that when the weather is wet it’s best to head east...

League One
Ipswich Town v. Burton Albion
(ko 3pm)

jefferson

Junior Team Hopeful
A pointless trip to the Hive to see Barnet v Harrogate called off at 14:30. If it's called off earlier, looking at AFC Stoneham, St Panteleimon or Yeading Town (all 3G) but suspect even some/all of these might go west too.
Hendon?

rebus

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Wroxham, Barnet
Buxton v Loddon United in Cyril Ballin Cup
At North Walsham @ 2pm (Dennis permitting)

Pinewoodste

Junior Team Hopeful
I've just had confirmation that the Cambs County League Premier Division game between Linton Granta (v) Chatteris Town is on the astro pitch at Linton Village College at 15:00 & not 14:00 as per LG's facebook page. That's where I'm going. I looked at weather forecast prediction & rain should arrive approx. 14:00. If it hadn't been for the ice hockey at Cambridge tonight (19:00) I'm not sure what I'd have done.

Cherryhopper

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
New plan eggchasing - Guildford v Wimbledon - London Premier. ON according to visitors twitter, 2:30pm KO giving me 30 minutes to get to Dorking Wanderers v Chelmsford City as 3G backup which I'm told counts as a new ground!

adji

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Birmingham City , Clevedon Town
I think im not going to risk anything big , I may have a wander down to solihull united or failing what promises to be a dreadful prospect Castle Vale v Shipston

Wijit

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Slough Town
Slough Town vs Havant & Waterlooville. National South 2nd vs 3rd.

Definitely ON.

Ladies day. All ladies get free entry.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks