Sat 28 March 2020

Lord Lucan

Youth Team Sub
Apparently, travelling by public transport to photograph non-league football grounds is classed as an essential journey, so I will catch a train down to London and make my way over to Clapton's Old Spotted Dog. Not sure, though, whether the tube is an acceptable means of transport so will use the bus to get there. Next stop will be the old Leyton-Wingate ground in Lea Bridge Rd which I am sure someone has said still has visible remains to photograph.

Obviously, at all times I will be careful to stay at least 2 metres away from all the other people making essential journeys to take photographs.

Or, I could stay at home and just go for my daily walk round the park or across the common.

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Bed, bog, fridge, couch and bed. All revisits.
And maybe a late night stroll to jazz things up a bit.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Bed, bog, fridge, couch and bed. All revisits.
And maybe a late night stroll to jazz things up a bit.
It must be pretty stressful for those to whom football is everything

paulh66

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I doubt you're going anywhere different.

I'm assured paper will be available at the bog...

Tim

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
This may lead to me being burned at the stake, but...

...I haven't really missed football very much.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Oh, I have but it isn't just the football, it's the "normal" routines that framed my week.
I gather that these measures will be in place for maybe six months, perhaps longer.
As I said in a previous post, many might have found alternative ways to pass their Leisure time when we eventually emerge out the other side

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
This may lead to me being burned at the stake, but...

...I haven't really missed football very much.
Repent Tim while there's time or else -

Burned at the Stake - Burn The Witch!-Ch. 1 - Wattpad

Tim

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
I've missed the planning, the travelling, meeting mates...

.. . and obviously my spreadsheets.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
And what about those for whom spreadsheets are their raison d'etre or are they not affected by their absence of football?

Paul Cockerton

Ball Boy / Girl
Team{s}
Clapton CFC / Hull City AFC
Apparently, travelling by public transport to photograph non-league football grounds is classed as an essential journey, so I will catch a train down to London and make my way over to Clapton's Old Spotted Dog. Not sure, though, whether the tube is an acceptable means of transport so will use the bus to get there. Next stop will be the old Leyton-Wingate ground in Lea Bridge Rd which I am sure someone has said still has visible remains to photograph.

Obviously, at all times I will be careful to stay at least 2 metres away from all the other people making essential journeys to take photographs.

Or, I could stay at home and just go for my daily walk round the park or across the common.
Did you take any photos of these two grounds you can share?

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks