Provisional resumption dates

johnr

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Step 7 and lower will, I think, depend on their particular circumstances but, for steps 3-6, there's obviously no justification now to continue playing league matches. But I'd agree with earlier comments there is an opportunity to play league cups and county cups, possibly in a revamped format, which imho would be preferable to a new one-off competition.

However we still don't know if fans will be allowed to attend 'non-elite' matches before May 17. That alone could scupper any plans the step 3-6 leagues are currently working on.
It seems strange if fans are not allowed in for non elite football levels before May 17 why has the Government not simply said that, game over simples!! Unless they have some cruel agenda I think there will be some allowance.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
The government only said that May 17 is the target earliest date for fans in stadia. It's for the FA and DCMS to work on any advancement of that date for non-elite football. The fact that the FA subsequently curtailed the non-elite league season across the board has probably pushed the issue down the DCMS' list of priorities. But I expect we'll hear soon enough.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
I think that part of the problem with our interpretation from a football and other team sports point of view of the Government announcement is that it covers all sports, not just team sports. Therefore the intention behind allowing sport to restart on 29 March would also apply to sports such as tennis, golf and angling, where the transfer of the virus would be less due to the small numbers involved in each event. Whilst having crowds of several hundred upwards attending football, cricket or rugby would be far more dangerous in spread the virus.

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
. Whilst having crowds of several hundred upwards attending football, cricket or rugby would be far more dangerous in spread the virus.
[/QUOTE]

......but having much larger numbers day in day out all over the country in supermarkets doesn’t ? Playing Devils Advocate.

Last edited:

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal
You don't stand next to the same person for 45 minutes in a shop. And (whisper this) eating is more important than football
But you walk past hundreds which increases the possibility plus it’s indoors not in the fresh air.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
It's also about leaving the grounds en masse at the end of the matches.

Having said that apparently BBC Points West carried an item this week about how Avon & Somerset Police stooped several organised football matches on Wednesday afternoon (24 Feb). The venue was land owned by a mysterious organisation called the Merchant Venturers, amongst which is a former Tory Senior Cabinet Minister. This land is used every Wednesday afternoon by the two universities in Bristol who have a joint intramural league with around 20 games taking place at the same time in normal times. The inference is that the organised games last Wednesday were students, whose accommodation adjoins the land where the football was taking place.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
Essex Olympian League twitter have advised they will be re-starting on 3rd April with a full programme of fixtures.

I understand that the Olympian is not going to play on in to June. They look set to play teams once only. Start date of 3rd April is under review but meeting in a fortnight to ratify all plans

Cherryhopper

First Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
The North Devon Football League has just published its provisional restart date - Saturday 3rd April.
Struggling to find any confirmation of this on either their website or Facebook page and no fixtures showing yet on Fulltime.

Cherryhopper

First Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
April fixtures now on Full Time. Wagtail Athletic here I come...
Wagtail are away on the first three Saturdays in April according to Fulltime, their first home game a Tuesday evening fixture vs Odcombe on 20th (1830). A bit early to start a WAYG thread for the date but Odcombe v Wagtail Athletic is my front runner for 3rd April.

Last edited:

Dave 56

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Leatherhead
Sunday Leagues

Beacon Football League
starting 04/04
Nottinghamshire 04/04
Doncaster Rovers 04/04

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim

albertstubbins

Junior Team Hopeful
Struggling to find any confirmation of this on either their website or Facebook page and no fixtures showing yet on Fulltime.
It was communicated to clubs. Latest provisional restart date is 10th April. We are led to believe that this is now subject to FA approval.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
I understand that the Olympian is not going to play on in to June. They look set to play teams once only. Start date of 3rd April is under review but meeting in a fortnight to ratify all plans
Olympian are in fact allowing teams to play over 50% of their fixtures

There telling clubs they can play return fixtures (in midweek) if both sides agree to it and it looks like a small number of clubs have

League presumably going to calculate divisions on a points per game basis as teams will end up playing different number of games

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock