Provisional resumption dates

Wheelbarrow

Youth Team Regular
That's right that they are probably on the clinically vulnerable list. My sister's family is in the position that the only one of the seven of them to have been jabbed is the youngest daughter!

In local cases here the spare doses have been used up either by ringing round emergency services like the ambulance or fire station and seeing if anyone on duty can make it there within the hour, or by phoning people with appointments but with a partner who hasn't yet been jabbed (maybe a year or two below the current phase cut off) and asking 'can s/he come with you - we've got a dose going free?'

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
The leagues I upkeep on here have games allegedly until June 26.

Cheshire ( already mentioned ) the one game on the 26th will be absorbed earlier.

Manchester Tuesday / Saturday until June 26th. ( Fix /Sec is a poster on here , I'm sure he will comment ).

SquareOne

Ball Boy / Girl
I suppose the question for a lot of Step 7 or grassroots clubs is are they able to, or do they even want to, play on until late June. It wasn't really what they signed up for when the season began.

As much as football is an important aspect of many of our lives, surely on weekends in May/June many people will be visiting families they've not been able to see for 6 months. There's also the added difficulties related to council pitch hire, cricket and a host of other issues with summer football.

(I'm all for it though, I can't think of anything better to do in early summer than watch 22 blokes kick a ball around)

Steveb

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
Some clubs will have issues re ground and player availability, but playing through May and June means matches can be played midweek as well as, or instead of, Saturdays.

Also, there's so many 3Gs around now that finding alternative venues for clubs who share with cricket shouldn't be too hard.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Mid Sussex League has tweeted that they're meeting on Thursday to discuss "options for how the season can restart."

Obviously the June extension is optional but it'll be interesting to see how many leagues take it up.

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Catchagogoal informs me that the Shrewsbury Sunday league will resume with some games on Thursdays where pitch availability is an issue on Sundays in June.
Think I'll leave him to that one....

Unicorn

Reserve Team Hopeful
I suppose the question for a lot of Step 7 or grassroots clubs is are they able to, or do they even want to, play on until late June. It wasn't really what they signed up for when the season began.

As much as football is an important aspect of many of our lives, surely on weekends in May/June many people will be visiting families they've not been able to see for 6 months. There's also the added difficulties related to council pitch hire, cricket and a host of other issues with summer football.

(I'm all for it though, I can't think of anything better to do in early summer than watch 22 blokes kick a ball around)
I think with the grassroots players it will be dependant on their stage in life.
The young guys would play all summer especially as they probably can not go on holiday.
Married players with families will probably have you view that you stated.
Pitches definitely a problem as well but not insurmountable.

Tim

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Yeovil & District League aim to restart on 3rd April. Excellent news.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Regular
One problem with the Essex Olympian League is that half the clubs are apparently unable to use there pitches in May and I dont think its down to just cricket

An April resumption may now be unworkable for them

Unicorn

Reserve Team Hopeful
One problem with the Essex Olympian League is that half the clubs are apparently unable to use there pitches in May and I dont think its down to just cricket

An April resumption may now be unworkable for them
I think a lot of District leagues could restart because they have so few teams but not sure the county FAs will let them.

hampton fan

Ball Boy / Girl
Only just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread. Was thinking about the resumption of steps 3-6. Any football would be better than no football. Although unlikely to get to a point that the leagues in the current guise would be able to complete to any satisfactory point. I'd suggest that each league is split into two, maybe by putting the current league table into PPG order and the splitting the clubs so team 1 to section 1, team 2 to section 2. team 3 to section 1 etc..

Depending on the league this is likely to give you 10-11 team mini league each team play each other once. The winners of each section could then play-off. This should be able to be done by the end of May.

I'd be surprised if anyone would want this to result in any Promotion/Relegation but at least it would be some competitive football for a couple of months which i'm sure the players will need before a short summer break and then hopefully be able to get a full season in again.

Brightside

Youth Team Star
Was thinking about the resumption of steps 3-6. Any football would be better than no football.
I think this is the most important bit. Football clubs exist to play football, if fans can attend when outdoor hospitality reopens on April 12th then football should return.

When they should play until and the format should be secondary issues. August is a long time to wait for income to return.

Tel

Junior Team Starter
I think this is the most important bit. Football clubs exist to play football, if fans can attend when outdoor hospitality reopens on April 12th then football should return.

When they should play until and the format should be secondary issues. August is a long time to wait for income to return.
April 12 is only if the schools opening is successful, Two of my cousins are teachers one in Copenhagen where they closed the schools down again,after reopening as there were too many cases arriving via the children. The other teaches in Washington America where all teachers had to have the jab before they went back to work. They are still in school although some cases are contributed to children

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Team{s}
The Knitters.
We were told there will be no return to the tier system but there are many areas of England that still have worryingly high infection rates so local lockdown has to be distinct possibility for some. Hopefully I'm wrong but if it happens then we are back to December so some intent on playing again might not get the opportunity.

Pink Panther

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Dulwich Hamlet
Is it competitive without promotion and relegation, or just organised friendliest?
Until the Alliance Premier League was formed, leading to the pyramid system, there was no promotion and relegation between different leagues. Until fairly recently county leagues were often won by clubs with no wish to move up. Whatever happened to just playing to win? Why does there always have to be some greater target beyond that? It's the greatest curse on modern football for many of us.

Kingsmere

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers
This is lifted from the Aylesbury League Facebook page from yesterday.

"With the Prime minister announcing an end to the longest lock-down in the ADL history, ( where we can carry on) we now know that we can begin to look forward to re-starting the season in Early April.

In the meantime various members of the Committee need to now crack on with various tasks prior to the next Committee meeting on Wednesday 3rd March, when needless to say more information will be released.

In the meantime please stay well, and heathy

Oh and maybe try some solo fitness 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 as the countdown is on ⚽⚽⚽⚽"

Haywain

Youth Team Sub
Until the Alliance Premier League was formed, leading to the pyramid system, there was no promotion and relegation between different leagues. Until fairly recently county leagues were often won by clubs with no wish to move up. Whatever happened to just playing to win? Why does there always have to be some greater target beyond that? It's the greatest curse on modern football for many of us.
That was then, not now. Perhaps you should ask a few of the clubs at step 3-6 what they think about playing under Covid restrictions with no reward. I imagine South Shields, for example, would be delighted.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks