Provisional resumption dates

Ashtree RockBee

Junior Team Star
A well thought-out statement, which will cause debate, from SWP-Phil of this parish which is on the BBC Football website (along with yet another picture of Aylesbury Vale Dynamos' ground - shame they couldn't have matched Phil's words up with a Peninsula ground picture)...

Haywain

Youth Team Hopeful
They may start and finish at slightly different times, but 21/22 will go ahead roughly as normal.
I agree with this and I think the FA and the leagues will conclude that, given the opportunity, it will be important to start next season at a 'normal' time to mitigate any threat of disruption.

Cherryhopper

First Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
I believe the plan is to resume the tier system, maybe even on the 15th February in certain areas but it will probably cause the same problems as before with clubs in different regions opting to not play as they will be not allowed fans. We will obviously know more nearer the time but i will carry on reading the plans being put forward by the good folk on here as i haven't much confidence in seeing a ball kicked until mid March at least. Hope I'm wrong!
If we do come out of lockdown on 15th February expect us all to be in Tier 3 until at least March and not sure we'll see Tier 1 before the end of the season. Some clubs were struggling to operate with all the Tier 2 restrictions before the November lockdown, especially those imposed on their clubhouse with a limited number of people being allowed in the bar, table service only and having to provide a substantial meal.

E&E Rich

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Epsom & Ewell
I love the way you casually throw step 3 to the wolves. Leaving them to honour contracts until May and then probably have to rebuild in the summer with no chance of being promoted for another 18 months. A half-season can be completed in two months. So there's no pressing need to start until April..
But - as with many hairbrained schemes on here - it's not going to happen. The FA aren't going to run two seasons simultaneously with massively different calendars. They may start and finish at slightly different times, but 21/22 will go ahead roughly as normal.
I'm not throwing them to the wolves and in no way is any of this "casually" thought out. The latest suggestion from the Trident Leagues indicates there will be no promotion or relegation at all, so Step Three missing out will happen under either suggestion. As for playing contracts, most end in May. They then start again in August. I don't see a major issue with this and again as i know you are a Step Three club fan i have to reiterate that there are a substantial number of clubs playing between steps 4-7 inclusive, and the vast majority of those do not have a single player on contract.

I repeat, null and void looks like the likely option and worryingly if a full season is planned from next August there is every possibility we'd get a third null and void. Non-Elite football has a huge opportunity here while the top clubs are allowed no supporters and get fed up with things like VAR meaning they can never fully celebrate. If we keep having null and void we will be in the same boat. No point celebrating a goal in September if it will be then chalked off in December.

Ladderman

Reserve Team Sub
I'm not throwing them to the wolves and in no way is any of this "casually" thought out. The latest suggestion from the Trident Leagues indicates there will be no promotion or relegation at all, so Step Three missing out will happen under either suggestion. As for playing contracts, most end in May. They then start again in August. I don't see a major issue with this and again as i know you are a Step Three club fan i have to reiterate that there are a substantial number of clubs playing between steps 4-7 inclusive, and the vast majority of those do not have a single player on contract.

I repeat, null and void looks like the likely option and worryingly if a full season is planned from next August there is every possibility we'd get a third null and void. Non-Elite football has a huge opportunity here while the top clubs are allowed no supporters and get fed up with things like VAR meaning they can never fully celebrate. If we keep having null and void we will be in the same boat. No point celebrating a goal in September if it will be then chalked off in December.
You've completely missed my point about contracts, presumably because it doesn't fit your argument. And clearly step 3 clubs are ignored in your genius plan. But clearly it isn't going to happen.

I don't know why you're obsessed with next season being abandoned

Richard Rundle

Junior Team Starter
At this point, I'd be OK with any solution that doesn't include "points per game" as a determining factor.

E&E Rich

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Epsom & Ewell
You've completely missed my point about contracts, presumably because it doesn't fit your argument. And clearly step 3 clubs are ignored in your genius plan. But clearly it isn't going to happen.

I don't know why you're obsessed with next season being abandoned
Oh dear, I've upset you. Sorry about that. As for whether it is a "genius" plan, it is a lot better than anything there currently. My argument is to help as many clubs between steps 3-7 as i can and it's a pity you want to be sarcastic instead of discuss on the merits of the suggestion.

Contracts usually end in May. They then get re-written in August. Everyone is free to move during the summer as is the case now. Additionally, if we know the way forward a bit better, then contracts can be written accordingly in August. Not by any means impossible unless you have closed your mind to the option.

I am not obsessed about next season being abandoned. However, I am trying to put a contingency plan into place, which should have been done last summer so that we don't face a third crisis.

Really sorry for having the audacity of actually trying to come up with a suggestion. Is it any wonder nothing gets done here when people who take the time to think of something a bit different get abuse for it. If you have an issue with it, then explain why, instead of resorting to sarcasm. We might actually get a proper discussion on here for a change then.

Ladderman

Reserve Team Sub
Repeating the same flawed arguments don't make them less flawed.
I shocked you think your plan is best

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Team{s}
The Knitters.
All rather pointless atm but i suppose leagues need to give possible resumption dates when suspended. No football in the MFL until 28th February.

Brightside

Youth Team Regular
The main 2 questions are;

A) Will clubs be able to play in Spring?

B) Do clubs want to play in Spring?

If the answers are yes, they should play.

Hoddy1.

First Team Sub
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

A) Ask Boris.
B) Some do / some don't.

jefferson

Junior Team Sub

Things should be a lot better by Easter (or some time in March) given vaccinations and the seasonal aspect of the virus.

Finished leagues are unlikely but a resumption through even April and May could ensure everyone plays each other once at least in each league and suspend the cup competitions if necessary.

Then start next season early (i.e. all leagues start by first weekend of August rather than weeks later) to help account for disruption down the line.

Linnetstowinit

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Runcorn Linnets
Arsenal

A) Impossible to answer. Personally I think not.
B) If you can get promoted YES. Relegated NO

Brightside

Youth Team Regular
A) Impossible to answer. Personally I think not.
B) If you can get promoted YES. Relegated NO
My preference on this is;

A) Wait and see if the situation improves before making a rash decision, perhaps use this time to come up with a alternatives or deadlines to be met.
B) Remove any relegation for below a certain percentage (75% PPG?) of the season played

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Team{s}
The Knitters.
I applaud any league that is not for chucking in the towel at the earliest possible moment but im sorry to say the odds of anything but N&V are shortening by the day. I feel sorry for players at clubs who looked a good bet for achieving something only to have it taken away for a second time around. Many could just walk away from the game.

Groundhopper 101

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
AFC Totton
There's simply no need to make a decision now. Waiting a month will do no harm.
Yeah spot on. So early to make a Null and Void call. Cases look like they are starting to drop. Might be able to finish 50% of the season still.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks