Project ‘Big Picture’

007Dale

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
The FA have said that they won’t recommend any team from a breakaway league to participate in Europe. Apparently in response to a threat that the big six will join forces with the FL.

It is also reported that Chelsea and Man City are not overly keen on the idea.

And the supporters clubs of the big 6 have forged together to condemn the plan.

All of this has taken the spotlight away from PPV matches starting this weekend.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
EPL clubs unanimously agree not to endorse or pursue Project Big Picture:
Good to see they're also detaching immediate financial aid from longer term structural changes.

Last edited:

Sacristan.Revenant

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Bo'ness Utd, Yeovil Town, Dynamos (Zimbabwe).
Blah, blah, blah
The two important facts that are true have at least been highlighted.

The income disparity at the EPL/EFL juncture is obscene, as is its effect on Championship spending.
The EFL must be financially supported by the EPL and the TV income should be divvied out between divisions so that there's not a huge disparity between successive levels.

This is 1.3 Billion pounds over five years, I think(?). [or is it over 3 or 4 years?]

I'd add some small support for clubs in levels 5 to 8 [steps 1 to 4] and split the TV income along lines similar to...

2% to the 'trident' leagues
4% to the National leagues
8% to League 2
16% to League 1
24% to the Championship
46% to the EPL

As the EPL would squeak about that, I'd limit/ban Agents' fees, so that enormous amount of money would stay in the game.

007Dale

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
The two important facts that are true have at least been highlighted.

The income disparity at the EPL/EFL juncture is obscene, as is its effect on Championship spending.
The EFL must be financially supported by the EPL and the TV income should be divvied out between divisions so that there's not a huge disparity between successive levels.

This is 1.3 Billion pounds over five years, I think(?). [or is it over 3 or 4 years?]

I'd add some small support for clubs in levels 5 to 8 [steps 1 to 4] and split the TV income along lines similar to...

2% to the 'trident' leagues
4% to the National leagues
8% to League 2
16% to League 1
24% to the Championship
46% to the EPL

As the EPL would squeak about that, I'd limit/ban Agents' fees, so that enormous amount of money would stay in the game.
And back in reality...

Haywain

Junior Team Regular
The disparity that is obscene is not the one between divisions but the one between clubs in the same division - namely, the one caused by EPL parachute payments that causes those not in receipt to have to spend excessively to have any real hope of being competitive.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks