Problems getting on site

IAN S

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
I'm having real problems lately getting on here. I'm running Firefox and it could be due to something within that. Anyone else running the same having difficulties?

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
I'm having real problems lately getting on here. I'm running Firefox and it could be due to something within that. Anyone else running the same having difficulties?
None at all for me.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member

I'm using Firefox and not had any problems. I log on here several times a day.

Haywain

Youth Team Starter
Works fine for me.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
I know how frustrating it can be when someone is having problems and people like myself and @Haywain just say 'well it works fine for me'. Apologies for that but the question you asked was whether anyone else had problems.

The gist of that though is that is highly likely something at your end and unless I sit in front of your device I haven't a clue.

Also "having real problems lately getting on here" isn't really much to go on. Do the pages time out? Do you get error messages? Do you have trouble with the log in? Have you switched it off and on again? It's like going to the doctor and saying you don't feel well and expecting a diagnosis.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Just another tip for anyone experiencing sluggish wi-fi or slow internet that your ISP will probably not tell you.

You should reset your router regularly. Not just reboot by switching it off and on and again but reset using the little reset button that is indented so you need a pen or paper clip to press.

This will restore the router to factory settings that it came to you with on Day 1 and as long as you didn't change the password it came with all of your devices will reconnect within a few minutes. It fixes most connectivity issues including routing errors, slow wi-fi and port connection issues. I do this at least once a month.

IAN S

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles & Kendal Town
Still having the same problems, which are the site just doesn't load, Twitter is the same. Every other site though works perfectly. I suspect it's something to do with Firefox that they seem to be messing about with regularly. Anyway I'm on Edge at the moment and Heh, straight on and far faster for every other site as well. So I will spend some time getting used to it and ditch Firefox. It's looked a bit dated for a while in my opinion.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
I am having the same problems as you Ian S. When I switch my computer on the only way to get into the site is to do a google search and then go through the whole procedure to log on; this is even the case when I get notification e-mails about threads I am watching. When I click on these e-mails I get nothing. If I leave the computer on and re-enter the site after using it earlier in the same session I get no problems. This only started a couple of weeks ago after the upgrade.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
I am having the same problems as you Ian S. When I switch my computer on the only way to get into the site is to do a google search and then go through the whole procedure to log on; this is even the case when I get notification e-mails about threads I am watching. When I click on these e-mails I get nothing. If I leave the computer on and re-enter the site after using it earlier in the same session I get no problems. This only started a couple of weeks ago after the upgrade.

It's some setting at your end, probably to do with security. Check that you have the latest browser version and that the setting to store logins is enabled.

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
Thanks Steve - I could not get in anyway for over 2 hours tonight. Unfortunately I am using a works computer and the head office that sets everything up is based in Kathmandu. I had a broken keyboard that I reported to HQ in December - they shipped a new one to me and it arrived yesterday!!! In the meantime I borrowed a keyboard from a member of the family.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks