Problem with ' Where did you go retro.' thread.

jrev61

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
None
Recently I tried to look at the 'above thread, but only found a message saying I had 'insufficient privileges' to post on that thread. Why is that, do we now have some threads for elite people only? Last night I was able to post about my visit to Burnley Bank Hall in 1993. Was someone offended by my description of Leighton James?
I should add that not only can I not post on that thread I can't view it either, which was what I intended to do tonight.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
I've just read your post re Burnley Bank Hall and the thread was there. What you on.
You can't post on it anymore I assume because El Presidente closes it each night and introduces the next date.

Northstandexile

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
I get that message as well, but if you just then click on ‘March 20th’ that opens up the thread as normal.

Loiner

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
None
Recently I tried to look at the 'above thread, but only found a message saying I had 'insufficient privileges' to post on that thread. Why is that, do we now have some threads for elite people only? Last night I was able to post about my visit to Burnley Bank Hall in 1993. Was someone offended by my description of Leighton James?
I should add that not only can I not post on that thread I can't view it either, which was what I intended to do tonight.
See post 8 by Steve W on the Retro March 18th thread

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Yes each days thread is closed when a new one is opened to stop it being 'bumped'. Usually this will be late evening.
The message you see tells you that you can't post new threads, again so that we can keep the section in date order

Cheers... Steve

Burgesshillbee

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Brentford
Thanks for deciding to close the Retro's thread every day, some of us don't have the time to put our matches on each day, so i wont bother at all with the Retro Thread.

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Same here I'm afraid

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Fair enough. Hope it's a good read for you anyway.

It's the only way to keep the threads in date order as posting in a thread bumps it to the top and just creates a random list of dates which could stretch over several months. That wouldn't really be desirable but I do get your point and apologies to those that miss out.

Steve

buncranaboy

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
Yet it's okay for regular posters to the "traditional " WDYG to "catch up" on posts many months after the event - you know who they are - which leave that particular string of threads all jumbled and out of sync? Some consistency would be nice; just saying.....

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Why not leave each thread open for a week?

They wouldn't get too much out of order that way and it would give folks a chance to catch up.

Shame to miss out on interesting tales of Hopping Daring Do.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
I think I have worked out how to stop new posts bumping a thread.

So all threads are open.

Steve

prorege

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Brilliant, thanks.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Now the question is, when we have reached 365 ordered threads, can we bump the first one to the top and allow people to post again?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Now the question is, when we have reached 365 ordered threads, can we bump the first one to the top and allow people to post again?
365 days , will any of us still be here ?

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

The vulture

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Groundhog
I think I have worked out how to stop new posts bumping a thread.

So all threads are open.

Steve
Steve, with your new found tech expertise and before you are headhunted by Apple or Chelsea.

Would you be able to put into chronological order the WDYG from the original forum please?
Or should I just do one......

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks