Post Notifications

Swindon Addick

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
Finally realised that by changing my profile preferences to allow push notifications and unticking all the 'Receive a notifications when someone...' I get rid of the banner and don't get alerts.
Thanks for this tip - I've done the same and so far it seems to have got rid of the orange bar OK. I got a notification that thanked me for enabling notifications. A couple of clicks in my profile and it's sorted (fingers crossed).

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Checked all my browser settings and even tried resetting everything to default out of the box settings, still couldn't get the options un-greyed out. FYI I running Windows 10 Home (not safety mode) with M/S Edge, both are the latest versions.

Finally realised that by changing my profile preferences to allow push notifications and unticking all the 'Receive a notifications when someone...' I get rid of the banner and don't get alerts.

It's good that you have found a workaround that works.

Thanks for posting it as it will help others until I get the 'bumps' ironed out

Cheers

Dave 56

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Leatherhead
Like others, I initially couldn't get rid of the message at the bottom of the screen. However, I don't currently have an add at the bottom of the page but I do have a solitary x.

I deleted the x, which removed the invisible add, scrolled up the base message and was able to click on the appropriate response. Not seen the bar at the bottom again since.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Like others, I initially couldn't get rid of the message at the bottom of the screen. However, I don't currently have an add at the bottom of the page but I do have a solitary x.

I deleted the x, which removed the invisible add, scrolled up the base message and was able to click on the appropriate response. Not seen the bar at the bottom again since.

The issue with the advert should be resolved now

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock