Team{s}
None in particular
Wow, that is some record....

Tykeoldboy

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Double history made that day with Rebecca Welch becoming the first female to referee a league game in the EFL, Harrogate v Port Vale

007Dale

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Even more remarkable when you think they’ve never been in the top flight - especially given the infrequency that Everton and Arsenal (amongst others) haven’t been in the top flight.

You’d have thought much more likely for teams like Bolton that have had periods at all 4 levels.

Well done Port Vale!

TowlawTom

Youth Team Starter
An interesting Stat .There must be other clubs very close behind them. Next season they will probably need to hold onto the record by having to beat Sutton United.

Wonder if they might hold another record by having the only ground of the current 92 that has staged a top flight league game without the home club ever playing in the top flight.

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Swindon Town achieved it before Port Vale, last season in Division Four. It did attract some attention at the time.

Promotion to Division Three now means a victory against Harrogate is lacking.

Relegation this season will mean another crack at it next season.

Northstandexile

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Mansfield Town
Swindon Town achieved it before Port Vale, last season in Division Four. It did attract some attention at the time.

Promotion to Division Three now means a victory against Harrogate is lacking.

Relegation this season will mean another crack at it next season.
Wasn’t last season only against 90 because of the demise of Bury

The vulture

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Groundhog
Wasn’t last season only against 90 because of the demise of Bury
Yes, only 90 clubs last year.

I cannot work out why this achievement was only mentioned last season after beating Salford. Surely this, beating every other club, had been achieved before they ever got into the Football League.......unless I am missing something.

Haywain

Youth Team Starter
Yes, only 90 clubs last year.

I cannot work out why this achievement was only mentioned last season after beating Salford. Surely this, beating every other club, had been achieved before they ever got into the Football League.......unless I am missing something.
Perhaps there were 2 or 3 teams that they hadn't previously beaten, or perhaps they were simply not aware of it.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Perhaps there were 2 or 3 teams that they hadn't previously beaten, or perhaps they were simply not aware of it.
Probably the latter as they have only played Liverpool 4 times in competitive games with the only win coming in 1970 in the League Cup.

paulh66

First Team Regular
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
When Swindon beat Salford last season it was reported that they'd become "the only team in the English Football League to have beaten all 90 fellow members spread across four tiers."

Port Vale are saying they're now "the only club in the current top four divisions to have beaten all 91 teams (From Premier League - Sky Bet League Two) in competitive league games."

So yes, league games rather than all games seems to be the differentiator between the two.

Although surely neither of them will have actually been the first club to accomplish either.

Swindon Addick

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
Although surely neither of them will have actually been the first club to accomplish either.
Must have been quite commonplace in the early years before there were 4 divisions.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks