Planned new grounds

Lord Lucan

Reserve Team Sub
I thought there was already a thread but couldn't find it.

Anyway, in 2017 Dutch second level club Cambuur Leeuwarden gained planning permission for a new ground with an originally announced opening date of 2020, later changed to 2021. As is often the way, nothing then seemed to happen but it appears work has now started and a revised opening date of April 2022 has been quoted, although the attached throws some doubt on that. The embedded video includes artists impressions and footage of some earthworks.:

johnr

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
LASK Linz hope to return to their newly built 20,000 capacity stadium called the Raiffeisen Arena by summer 2022. It's built on the old Auf der Gugl stadion site.

johnr

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Feijenoord and the city authorities plan to build a new stadium along the river. Work starts in 2022 with completion by 2025, giving a 63,000 capacity

johnr

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
SC Freiburg's move into their new 34,700 capacity stadium is delayed till start of 2021 at the earliest. Pointless to say this is your last chance to see the old ground as even locals are excluded this month.

johnr

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
AEK Athens hope to return to the site of their old stadium, where the new 33,000 OPAP Arena is being built. Opening possibly in Autumn 2021.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks