Parting Company 2019/20

The vulture

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Groundhog
Bolton must be the ideal club to go to for any manager.

Don't fancy playing a fixture? Hey, just don't bother....players too young, too old, too skint, too rich....all excuses are good uns.

Of course the biggest bonus is that they need not worry about being properly sanctioned by the total incompetents running the League.

Bigaitch

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
None in particular
Only on this forum could there be genuine bafflement that anyone would quit Barrow for Bolton Wanderers - c'mon fellas! ;)

Barrow ain't going any higher and Bolton ain't going any lower. No comparison between the two in terms of infrastructure. New owners, clean slate, chance to build something, one maybe two promotions a realistic target. An appealing challenge surely, no doubt a decent pay rise too.

Bit of a punt by Wanderers though. Mind you, I said something similar when Lincoln appointed Cowley..
When you put it like that Paul, it actually makes decent logic. However I always feel the next crisis at Bolton is just around the corner. Again, that can be weighed off against what I would imagine is a decent pay rise.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Bolton's current ownership passed the EFL fit and proper test so what could possibly go wrong? ;) Even if Bassini was reportedly interested in the club again recently..

windydcfc

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bristol City have sacked manager Lee Johnson

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Micky Mellon has left Tranmere Rovers to take charge of Dundee United.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Micky Mellon has left Tranmere Rovers to take charge of Dundee United.
Fascinating move for a hugely popular manager but quite a let down for the owners, who backed Micky through some tough times and could've done with a bit of loyalty in return after the recent turmoil. He's been brilliant for us but we've been brilliant for him too - a real collective effort.

He's earned his step up though. And it will test him. Give me £1 and I'll stick 80p on him challenging for top 6 next season, but 20p on him not lasting the season!

And if John McGreal leaves Colchester in the coming days I'd put another £1 on him being Mellon's successor.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Pep's gone!

Birmingham City and Pep Clotet have parted company this evening by mutual consent.

Bagman

Youth Team Sub
And reappoint David Moyes
La Liga side Real Betis have appointed former West Ham and Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini as their manager for next season.

Pellegrini, who has also managed Real Madrid, Villareal and Malaga in the Spanish top flight, was sacked by the Hammers in December.

The 66-year-old Chilean's deal with Betis runs until June 2023.

Pellegrini won the 2013-14 Premier League title and two EFL Cups during his three years at Manchester City.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
We were all wrong chaps - Mike Jackson, Mellon's number 2 at Tranmere, is the new man in charge at Prenton Park.

paulh66

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Danny Cowley sacked by Huddersfield. Doubt he'll be out of a job long if he lowers his sights a little.

windydcfc

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Huddersfield Town have relieved manager Danny Cowley & assistant Nicky Cowley of their duties

windydcfc

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Watford have sacked Nigel Pearson

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Watford have sacked Nigel Pearson
Baffling.
3 in a season now.

Some reports say Shakespeare as well. Whos gonna be appointed for the 2 games left?

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Huddersfield Town have relieved manager Danny Cowley & assistant Nicky Cowley of their duties
They should have stayed at Lincoln! Expect the brothers to return to Essex with vacancies at both Colchester and Southemd.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Baffling.
3 in a season now.

Some reports say Shakespeare as well. Whos gonna be appointed for the 2 games left?
And some reports say he will be in charge for the final couple of games. He took on a similar role at Leicester when Pearson was sacked last time. A crazy decision whatever happens as he leaves them in a better state than they were in when he was appointed but some strange things go on with Pearson at times.

Tykeoldboy

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
They should have stayed at Lincoln! Expect the brothers to return to Essex with vacancies at both Colchester and Southemd.
There is also a vacancy at Watford and possibly a vacancy at Hull coming up

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks