Oldest car you’ve seen today...

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Thread idea nicked off another forum... Post here any old cars you’ve seen today...

Spotted today in Gospel Oak, London...

Commer Express Delivery Van - L reg (1972)

FDDFAB21-6366-4514-A92F-D5935EC3A9FA.jpeg

...my kind of wheels!

pitch 63

Reserve Team Sub
My next door neighbour has a 1949 Jaguar XK that he imported from the US and has had converted to right hand drive, but then he has shedloads of money unlike me.

Kingsmere

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers
In Middleton Stoney (near Bicester) there is an old Volvo sat on a drive which must be used regularly. It looks in excellent nick, think The Saint (Roger Moore) or slightly older.

An old car around here is when it reaches it's first MOT, you can play drive cash bingo, highest total price, highest average price.

Loiner

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
None
My neighbour opposite has an L (at the end) registered BMW 2500 probably 1972 as in OP, which is quite often parked next to a new 21 reg. Mercedes. W e are at the top of a cul-de sac!

Last edited:

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Early Saturday morning on way to watch nephew's lad play in Elsecar for Pilsley U13s I overtook a superbly maintained Triumph 2000 on the M1. One of those occasions when you have to remind yourself to pay attention to your driving rather than just admire the vehicle you're looking at.

Whereas yesterday it was car crash bingo time.

With relaxation of Covid residential home visiting rules I've just been designated as official second visitor for my Mum. So drove over to Chorley to see her for the first time in months.

Set off early to take advantage of light traffic. Glorious clear sunny day, visibility great, driving should have been a doddle for everybody. Whereas in reality.....

Diverted off Sheffield Ring Road by a smash at Manor Top with emergency vehicles in attendance. Then on M1 traffic stopped whilst police shifted damaged vehicle on to hard shoulder (luckily it wasn't "smart motorway"). Then on return journey traffic again delayed whilst police etc dealt with a three vehicle coming together.

So much for easy driving conditions...

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
In Middleton Stoney (near Bicester) there is an old Volvo sat on a drive which must be used regularly. It looks in excellent nick, think The Saint (Roger Moore) or slightly older.

I saw a few likely candidates while in Bicester on Saturday, while heading to/from Launton Sports FC.

First was a dark coloured Rover 95 driving along Launton Road, the sort driven by the character Annie Walker in Coronation Street back in the day. Then at Bicester Village railway station there was a slick-looking black Honda with a Y-reg (2001) sat in the car park, looking like something out of 'Knight Rider'. While walking to the station in Oxford that morning, I also spotted an N-reg (1974) MGB in Abingdon green colour, but was too slow to catch a photo of it.

However, this one weren't so fast! Looking like something out of Bugsy Malone, I spotted this while walking to work today...

1619459730728.png

Last edited:

Pawn Of Prophecy

Reserve Team Hopeful
I was behind a G reg (1989) Nissan Bluebird on the M25 this morning.

Oldest car I've seen braving the motorway for some time.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Spotted in a front garden in Hethe, rotting away next to the bins...

I think this is a Reliant Mk2 Robin LX - M-reg (1994)

1619984915720.png

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Spotted in Bicester...

A lovely old-style P-reg Land Rover (1975), a characterful run-a-round for the security staff at Shotton Airfield...

1619985201440.png

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
This might be the one to beat!

Spotted outside The Butcher's Arms in Fringford in Oxon, an Austin 7 probably from the early-1930s...

1619985999743.png

Mek

Youth Team Sub
Spotted in a front garden in Hethe, rotting away next to the bins...

I think this is a Reliant Mk2 Robin LX - M-reg (1994)

View attachment 12292
Pete - this looks like a Rialto, I think.

4 veterans seen today. A Wolseley 15/50 and a Frogeye Sprite in Corfe Castle, a yellow Austin Healey Sprite (Midget style) on the roads around Corfe and finally back on the roads in Wiltshire, a green early sixties Ford Zodiac. Youngest son liked the styling on this car.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Pete - this looks like a Rialto, I think.

4 veterans seen today. A Wolseley 15/50 and a Frogeye Sprite in Corfe Castle, a yellow Austin Healey Sprite (Midget style) on the roads around Corfe and finally back on the roads in Wiltshire, a green early sixties Ford Zodiac. Youngest son liked the styling on this car.

Thanks Mek! 👍

Kingsmere

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers
This might be the one to beat!

Spotted outside The Butcher's Arms in Fringford in Oxon, an Austin 7 probably from the early-1930s...

View attachment 12294
Along with a cricket match which was almost merging into the outside drinkers when I went past.

Good food in the Butchers Arms.

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Some more old bangers spotted in London this weekend...

First, an old Land Rover E-reg (1987) in un-characteristic sky-blue...

1620584752903.png

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
I've no idea what the heck this is, but it wouldn't be much use to your average-sized hopper offering lifts between grounds during a Bank-Holiday treble...

1620584855952.png

Last edited:

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
Now this is the sort of thing I've been hoping to spot...

Toyota Camry GL 2.0 D-reg (1986) actually looking in very good nick...

1620584951589.png

Oxpete

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
Pompey
A Volvo 940 estate P-reg (1996) with the back seats down and the car full of scrap...

1620585413746.png

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks