Obscure Yorkshire Non League programmes wanted

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Hull city North Ferriby Hibs Queens Park Berwick Rangers
Hi all

Managed to obtain quite a number of issues recently for my one per club Yorkshire collection but am still hoping to obtain any home programme for the following teams.

If you have any of these clubs available for a reasonable price please advise.

Ardsley Celtic Bardsey Bay Athletic Beverley Town Boston Spartans Castleford Town Dearne CMW Dubrovnik, east hull Eastmoor Frickley colliery Hall Green United Heckmondwicke Town Hull Brunswick ilkley leeds ashley road littletown otley ovenden Oxenhope recreation Pontefract S&S Pudsey Redcar athletic Ripon City Magnets Sherburn white rose Skipton LMS Springhead fc Storthes Hall Swallownest miners welfare Tadcaster Magnet Thirsk Falcons Trinity Athletic Tyersal Wetherby Athletic

Or any others that may have been one offs.

Thanks

Ian Beadle

Chris1963

First Team Starter
A few of these clubs, such as ilkley Town, Swallownest and Redcar Athletic are still issuing these days, so you could obtain a copy by writing with a SAE to them.

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Thanks Chris. I'll do that didn't realise although the Swallownest i require is in their previous name .

Ian

Rob Grillo

Junior Team Regular
Hi all

Managed to obtain quite a number of issues recently for my one per club Yorkshire collection but am still hoping to obtain any home programme for the following teams.

If you have any of these clubs available for a reasonable price please advise.

Ardsley Celtic Bardsey Bay Athletic Beverley Town Boston Spartans Castleford Town Dearne CMW Dubrovnik, east hull Eastmoor Frickley colliery Hall Green United Heckmondwicke Town Hull Brunswick ilkley leeds ashley road littletown otley ovenden Oxenhope recreation Pontefract S&S Pudsey Redcar athletic Ripon City Magnets Sherburn white rose Skipton LMS Springhead fc Storthes Hall Swallownest miners welfare Tadcaster Magnet Thirsk Falcons Trinity Athletic Tyersal Wetherby Athletic

Or any others that may have been one offs.

Thanks

Ian Beadle

I'm assuming you have Ventus Yeadon Celtic, Wibsey, Keighley Phoenix, and VAW Low Moor from the old County Amateur League.

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
no havent a Keighley Phoenix or VAW Low moor didnt know they were issuers.

Ian

Rob Grillo

Junior Team Regular
no havent a Keighley Phoenix or VAW Low moor didnt know they were issuers.

Ian
Phoenix were regular issuers. I think the VAW one was done by the lad who produced programmes for a few of the County Amateur League clubs without them actually asking, 'West Country Programmes' or something.

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Phoenix were regular issuers. I think the VAW one was done by the lad who produced programmes for a few of the County Amateur League clubs without them actually asking, 'West Country Programmes' or something.
Thanks Rob I'll look.out for these. Yes heard of West country programmes wonder if they were actually sold at the games.

Rob Grillo

Junior Team Regular
Thanks Rob I'll look.out for these. Yes heard of West country programmes wonder if they were actually sold at the games.
Yes they were. There are stories of the lad being stood at the entrance selling programmes to unsuspecting club officials. In the end I think he got into a bit of bother for using league/club logos without permission, but all credit to him because they were a labour of love.

Griffon

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Nuneaton Griff
Yes they were. There are stories of the lad being stood at the entrance selling programmes to unsuspecting club officials. In the end I think he got into a bit of bother for using league/club logos without permission, but all credit to him because they were a labour of love.
Also went under the name of Avenue Programmes and let's say they had a 'bit of a reputation' at the time i believe! Based in Bingley. Nothing wrong with the programmes though which were excellent for that level.
Ian, you just put Pudsey down, I have examples from both Pudsey Juniors and Pudsey Liberal Club, also a spare copy of the latter if you would like it.

aicwhu

Junior Team Regular
Hi
Interested you mentioned Keighley Phoenix as regular issuers ; they are not shown on Steve Hardy's very comprehensive database.
Do you have one?

Incidentally I have Keighley Central to add to the list of issuers

andrew conway

Rob Grillo

Junior Team Regular
Hi
Interested you mentioned Keighley Phoenix as regular issuers ; they are not shown on Steve Hardy's very comprehensive database.
Do you have one?

andrew conway
yes, up in the attic somewhere - I'll dig one out.
Yes, Keighley Central issued regularly too.

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Hi
Do you have one?

andrew conway
Hi Andrew

Do you have a link to Steve Hardy database i'd be interested to see it is it a list of programme issuers.

Thanks

Ian Beadle

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Also went under the name of Avenue Programmes and let's say they had a 'bit of a reputation' at the time i believe! Based in Bingley. Nothing wrong with the programmes though which were excellent for that level.
Ian, you just put Pudsey down, I have examples from both Pudsey Juniors and Pudsey Liberal Club, also a spare copy of the latter if you would like it.
Ive a pudsey liberals and a pudsey amateurs & Intake too but not Juniors was that just a kids clubs or did they have a mens team too.

Ian

aicwhu

Junior Team Regular
Hi Andrew

Do you have a link to Steve Hardy database i'd be interested to see it is it a list of programme issuers.

Thanks

Ian Beadle
Link attached

Yes a full list of all known issuers - English ,Welsh , Scottish , Sundays.
A labour of love by Steve
I am sure he would welcome any additions or corrections
I believe an updated version for this season is imminent

andrew conway

Tigerman48

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Link attached

Yes a full list of all known issuers - English ,Welsh , Scottish , Sundays.
A labour of love by Steve
I am sure he would welcome any additions or corrections
I believe an updated version for this season is imminent

andrew conway
that will be fantastic to check out see if any more to look out for.

Thanks

Ian

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks