Northern League - no programmes 20/21??

Workington FC

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Workington Reds
Redcar Athletic are issuing a paper 44 page full colour glossy programme which is very good.

Carlisle City are issuing a paper programme.

Penrith are issuing no programmes either paper or online. They did issue a teamsheet for Saturday's FA Cup game.

Davetherave

Youth Team Sub
If you are worried, buy a programme then put it in a bag and wash your hands after.

Dear Drewper

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Redcar Athletic, Middlesbrough
Redcar Athletic in partnership with Footieprint are releasing their programmes online to view and very kindly allowing if you wish to do so, print it off totally free of charge. I believe the programmes will be released online around a week or so after each home game. The site address you need is www.footiedigital.co.uk/redcar-athletic-fc . Or you can go through via Redcar Athletic's twitter account at @redcarathleticf . You'll currently see the 1st programme of the Season which sold out in paper form on the night at the game.

Workington FC

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Workington Reds
Penrith are now issuing teamsheets at games.

Willington are issuing a good paper programme. Jarrow are also issuing.

West Allotment Celtic are not issuing.

Stoodley Pike

Reserve Team Sub
Ex-Northern Leaguers Morpeth Town (now NPL) have gone digital this season. Or, as their Twitter account describes it, the Highwaymen have decided to deliver their programme differently.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Not title thread clubs but i have been asked to mention the following who are all issuing this season.. Arlesey, Brocton, Dunstable Town, Kings Langley, Leverstock Green, OJM Black Country, Paget Rangers, RC Warwick, Romulus, Sidmouth Town, Sporting Khalsa, Stafford Town, Stratford Town, Rocester, Chelmsley Town, Leicester Road and Hinckley AFC.

Last edited:

Stoodley Pike

Reserve Team Sub
Not title thread clubs but i have been asked to mention the following who are all issuing this season.. Arlesey, Brocton, Dunstable Town, Kings Langley, Leverstock Green, OJM Black Country, Paget Rangers, RC Warwick, Romulus, Sidmouth Town, Sporting Khalsa, Stafford Town, Stratford Town, Rocester, Chelmsley Town, Leicester Road and Hinckley AFC.
Kings Langley are part of the Footie Print stable, along with the following print issuers: Belper United, Bury AFC, Darlington, Durham City, Epworth Colts, Goole AFC, Haywards Heath, Hendon, Hillingdon Borough, Horsham, Hungerford Town, Kennington, Leatherhead, Metropolitan Police, Metrogas, Padiham, Pilkington, Pontefract Collieries (at long, long last, a decent programme from that lot!), Redcar Athletic, Tooting & Mitcham United, Truro City, Wick and Worthing.

Davetherave

Youth Team Sub
The original advice about the virus surviving on paper was given in March. It has all gone very quiet since then. I have searched everywhere on the internet today and I can't find any up to date guidance about the virus surviving on paper.

Chris1963

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
It must be obvious now that the virus is transmitted almost solely through close human contact (shaking hands, hugging, etc) but governments the world over don't want to admit this because it will make them look silly for having shut everything down.

buncranaboy

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Bostock Stanley, Barnstoneworth United
It must be obvious now that the virus is transmitted almost solely through close human contact (shaking hands, hugging, etc) but governments the world over don't want to admit this because it will make them look silly for having shut everything down.
Maybe we should be wearing straitjackets instead of masks ?

Chris1963

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Maybe we should be wearing straitjackets instead of masks ?
Yes, that might make more sense than wearing masks. But whatever strategy is used, it is going to be unpopular with someone.

Westberkspalace

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Palace/Didcot T/Epsom and Ewell.
Clubs ISSUING paper copies, who I have visited so far, I can't comment if they issue every game.
Romulus, Ashby Ivanhoe, Stapenhill, Lutterworth Athletic, Hartley Wintney, Sheppey United, Hendon, Banbury United, Alfold, Tadley Calleva, Bishops Stortford.

NOT ISSUING (online only) Whitchurch United/Hants, you will need to email the secretary for the PDF if you want to download/print.

Tony Le Mesmer

Junior Team Hopeful
Wasn't there a thread that highlighted clubs not producing printed programmes? If someone can direct me there would be much appreciated.

Clubs ive been to that DIDNT produce a programme this season: Bedfont Sports, Eversley & California, Abingdon United/

Roger D

Junior Team Sub
The original advice about the virus surviving on paper was given in March. It has all gone very quiet since then. I have searched everywhere on the internet today and I can't find any up to date guidance about the virus surviving on paper.
It's still generally accepted paper based transmission is possible. No-one seems certain on how long the virus can survive on paper and card in the real world. Experts tend to believe from a few hours to a few days and mostly seem to agree the risk of such transmission remains low in the real world.

This recent study suggested 28 days survival on paper banknotes. However, and crucially, this was in perfect lab conditions.

Stoodley Pike

Reserve Team Sub
Had a pre-match chat with Ian, of booksindesign.com, at Leicester Nirvana last night (20/10). In common with other contemporary cottage industries, such as Footie Print, he produces programmes for a growing number of clubs - many in the United Counties League, whose website he looks after.

Interestingly, he is doing a programme this season for Southern League Alvechurch, who, having ‘gone digital’, received numerous and ongoing requests for a printed version.

United Counties League Quorn are one of his customers. To stay COVID safe this season, the club requested each programme be supplied in a plastic sleeve.

Good to hear Ian is doing printed programmes this season for Lutterworth Athletic and Lutterworth Town, two of the eight United Counties League clubs I haven’t visited.

Last edited:

Davetherave

Youth Team Sub
Surely there is more risk of Covid transmission from a plastic sleeve rather than from paper?

Baggie Wingstone

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
W.B.A., Welling United & Wealdstone
I have visited the following teams so far this season that have all produced paper programmes:

Glebe, Stansfeld, Corinthian (Kent), Erith & Belvedere, Croydon, Cray Valley, Hythe Town, Tooting Bec & Sittingbourne.

On line only: Billingshurst & Little Oakley (the latter cannot be printed from your PC either)

No Programme: Tower Hamlets

Chris1963

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
On line only: Billingshurst
Billingshurst issued a paper programme for an FA Cup game at the beginning of the season (a WDYG post by someone who went there confirms this) then switched to on-line only. This doesn't mean that they will do the same for any FA Cup home games next season.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks