National League games after 17th May

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Does he/she know something we do not ?
Almost certainly the other way around - the Radio Glos people would have assumed that FGR could have fans, if permitted in England and not known about the rule you mentioned. After all, I was not listening to the FGR feed.

The change of dates was not known about

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Jesus Wept 😷😱 when will this nonsense end?

Stockport County claiming on their website that you’ll need to provide evidence of a negative test to gain entry despite this not being a requirement in December when people were allowed in 🙄🙄
Are they doing that though in order to be allowed as many people as safely possible in to the ground given the team could still win the title?

Bear in mind although rates are low the Indian variant is increasing in presence and given the North West is one of the areas with the highest prevalence of it they may just be erring on the side of caution plus under 40s mostly still not vaccinated

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
Who exactly is imposing all these conditions? Is it the government, the FA, the National League, or individual clubs? I get the feeling some people are just trying to prolong the whole thing by finding reasons never to return to normal life.
Why would they do that?

I think we all want to return to normal life as it was but I dont think that will be 100% possible for a good year or two whilst the world still grapples with the pandemic

I think in the interim term prior testing and perhaps mask wearing in some settings and maybe a bit of social distancing may be the trade off with trying to have everything opened up again as it was before the pandemic

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
Try Dagenham capacity 6000 average home crowd under 1500 for most games
Though Dagenham are on a great run from nowhere and might yet have a chance off making the playoffs so they may have more than 1500 at least wanting to be there on the last day if they can keep this up

Lord Lucan

Reserve Team Regular
Who exactly is imposing all these conditions? Is it the government, the FA, the National League, or individual clubs?
Whilst various politicians etc have floated the idea of 'passports', as far as I can tell, at the moment there is nothing in legislation or government guidance so, unless I have missed something, it will be one of the others.

Certainly, there have been various reports of individual clubs imposing their own entry conditions over and above the government mandated covid requirements which, of course, they are entitled to do as long as they do not breach (non-covid) legislation.

Cousse

Junior Team Regular
Why would they do that?

I think we all want to return to normal life as it was but I dont think that will be 100% possible for a good year or two whilst the world still grapples with the pandemic

I think in the interim term prior testing and perhaps mask wearing in some settings and maybe a bit of social distancing may be the trade off with trying to have everything opened up again as it was before the pandemic
Social distancing by reduced attendances yes but if you’re outdoors you shouldn’t need to be tested just to attend a football or Cricket match. I don’t have to show a negative test to go to the supermarket or a clothes shop.

:ROFLMAO: Added to save a certain poster needing to react with one although I’m sure he will anyway 🤔🤦

hamlet

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
anyone non league
Though Dagenham are on a great run from nowhere and might yet have a chance off making the playoffs so they may have more than 1500 at least wanting to be there on the last day if they can keep this up
l went on their forum when they were near the bottom of the League and most comments regarding the manager were he was the worst one this side of the Urals,l would think a lot of opinions have moderated over the last few weeks.As you say they may well have they attract W Ham and Orient supporters when their sides don't have a game.

TractorBoy

Junior Team Star
Not sure about the cooling of tensions as its no secret Dagenham spent a fair bit in the summer yet until at least Christmas they were looking more like being in a relegation scrap

Lots of Dagenham fans will still see it as underachievement if there side miss out on the playoffs despite this late run plus still a lot of apathy towards the manager despite this run

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I don't dispute what you say but I am surprised. McMahon earned a lot of respect for the job he did at Ebbsfleet, then did as well as anyone could have under the circumstances at Macc. He's too young to have lost his mojo and, with Daggers back in the top half of the table, I assumed he was doing well.

Despite the investment, Rome wasn't built in a day and iirc he did start from quite a low base. Interesting to see how long he lasts given the apparently big expectations and the likelihood they won't make the playoffs this season.

hamlet

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
anyone non league
I don't dispute what you say but I am surprised. McMahon earned a lot of respect for the job he did at Ebbsfleet, then did as well as anyone could have under the circumstances at Macc. He's too young to have lost his mojo and, with Daggers back in the top half of the table, I assumed he was doing well.

Despite the investment, Rome wasn't built in a day and iirc he did start from quite a low base. Interesting to see how long he lasts given the apparently big expectations and the likelihood they won't make the playoffs this season.
l have'nt been on there lately,but having been involved with the Club they do have some rather fickle fans whose expectations are a bit unrealistic,as you say he has started from a low base,but his future lies with the American owners.

Ladderman

Reserve Team Starter

If his job at ebbsfleet was to spend a huge amount of money while massively under achieving, i guess he did really well.

Sonia's Trumpet

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Non league groundhopping, mostly Surrey, Sussex and South east
Aldershot home tickets on sale today to season ticket holders and from tomorrow on general sale

OGLV

Junior Team Starter
Nonsense? It's actually common sense to step-change back, rather than just open all doors and allow COVID to increase again via sudden outbreaks. It's frustrating for everyone - we all just want to get back into grounds and watch football again, of course - but we just have remain patient.

It's the glacial pace at which we have to open up when restrictions have largely been lifted elsewhere that is frustrating people.

Barnsley Dave

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Barnsley, Yorkshire CCC, Non-league in general
Is it August yet then I can come out to play (or at least watch) :)

WorksopBlade

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Worksop Town
Sheffield United
Sounds like lower of 4,000 or 50% capacity.

hamlet

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
anyone non league
MANY APOLOGIES I HAVE JUST DELETED A POST THAT WASN'T MINE,IS IT POSSIBLE TO REINSTATE IT PLEASE,AGAIN MY APOLOGIES
I THOUGHT I WAS DELETING MY REPLY

MiddxSaint

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
St Albans City
Statement from the league:

Home fans only from May 17.
Hopefully, clubs will have the sense to allow the fans to spread out into the away sections rather than keeping these areas shut. This will help with social distancing.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock