National League games after 17th May

Ricardo

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC wimbledon
Presumably open to spectators with 25 per cent of capacity, season goes on till 29th May

Pink Panther

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Dulwich Hamlet
Presumably open to spectators with 25 per cent of capacity, season goes on till 29th May
I assume each club will use the figures that were agreed when spectators were briefly readmitted in early December, which ultimately had to be approved by the relevant local authority officials and were not a uniform percentage of total capacity.

Sonia's Trumpet

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Non league groundhopping, mostly Surrey, Sussex and South east
If anyone notices ticketing details for any National League games, I'd appreciate it if they could be shared on here please. Obviously for some clubs the numbers allowed won't be enough for all their own season ticket holders etc, but at others there could maybe be some online ticket sales

Sale Holmfield

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Altrincham
Altrincham have home games against Yeovil and Torquay on the 22nd and 29th, and I think are working on a capacity of 1100, subject to Trafford MBC's approval of processes. Both matches will be home supporters only, and there will be a priority system, with season ticket holders at the top of the list.

There are 329 season ticket holders, as a guideline, so I think there should be space, but you might have to wait until a certain time before being able to book. Anyone unknown to the club with a billing address in Somerset or Devon might struggle though!

Ricardo

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
AFC wimbledon
Altrincham have home games against Yeovil and Torquay on the 22nd and 29th, and I think are working on a capacity of 1100, subject to Trafford MBC's approval of processes. Both matches will be home supporters only, and there will be a priority system, with season ticket holders at the top of the list.

There are 329 season ticket holders, as a guideline, so I think there should be space, but you might have to wait until a certain time before being able to book. Anyone unknown to the club with a billing address in Somerset or Devon might struggle though!
Quite possible Torquay could win the title on 29th May, I know one of their fans who lives in Chesterfield so he should be ok

Cousse

Junior Team Starter

Why would both matches be home supporters only when there is no longer any restriction on how far people can travel from their homes anymore and also why do the club need the approval of the local council when they aren't ones restricting Altrincham’s ability to trade?

Sale Holmfield

Youth Team Regular
Team{s}
Altrincham
Safety certificates for grounds are issued by the local authority.. As social distancing will, I assume, still be in place then, people will be asked to choose which part of the ground (effectively the seating area or which half of the standing area) which they will be in and to enter via the appropriate entrance, due to the limited capacity, and that means the away section will be used for this.

I think any National League matches which admitted supporters this season have been restricted to home supporters only - that was certainly the case when Dagenham and Redbridge hosted Altrincham.

Sonia's Trumpet

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Non league groundhopping, mostly Surrey, Sussex and South east
The games last December which I went to were officially home and neutral fans only and no away fans. Although unless an online purchaser literally put the visiting clubs home town as their address when buying I am not sure how the host club could police it.

As for capacities, the talk with EURO2020 games at Wembley is that the group games in June are 25% capacity and they hope the Final (in July) has 50% capacity. So NL games in May won't be anything like full capacity.

Cousse

Junior Team Starter
The games last December which I went to were officially home and neutral fans only and no away fans. Although unless an online purchaser literally put the visiting clubs home town as their address when buying I am not sure how the host club could police it.

As for capacities, the talk with EURO2020 games at Wembley is that the group games in June are 25% capacity and they hope the Final (in July) has 50% capacity. So NL games in May won't be anything like full capacity.
According to Johnson all restrictions are to be ended on June 21 as part of his ‘irreversible’ road map so surely 100% capacity for the final?

Tel

Junior Team Starter
According to Johnson all restrictions are to be ended on June 21 as part of his ‘irreversible’ road map so surely 100% capacity for the final?
I don’t think at anytime IRREVERSIBLE has been mentioned for any part of the so called road map. I do hope they do open up to spectators

Manchester Warrior

Reserve Team Sub
I don’t think at anytime IRREVERSIBLE has been mentioned for any part of the so called road map. I do hope they do open up to spectators

"...Cautious but irreversible roadmap to freedom...".

Been widely quoted/attributed but this messaging does seem to be something of a hostage to fortune.

Cousse

Junior Team Starter
What exactly are they testing though and for what purpose as all restrictions are to be lifted in 2 months? Apologies mods if this going off thread.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
What exactly are they testing though and for what purpose as all restrictions are to be lifted in 2 months? Apologies mods if this going off thread.
Because nothing is really irreversible - especially as new strains come into the pitcture. I have not read up on the science, but I believe they want to measure any spread from the test events, hence numerous tests before and after.

If anyone wants to explain further, take it to the coronavirus thread in the general chat.

Andy T

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Woking
As the COVID Officer at Woking I'm responsible for planning our home match vs Wealdstone on 29th May which is the only match where spectators will be allowed in.

As yet we haven't had any guidance from the National League visa vee capacities, away fans etc however there is plenty of guidance on GOV.UK about how Step 3 of the Roadmap effects 'elite' sport. The guidance mentions 50% of ground capacity up to a maximum capacity of 4,000. If the stadium has a seated capacity of over 16,000 then it's 25% of capacity up to a maximum capacity of 10,000, however apart from Notts County this won't affect most NL clubs. The guidance goes on to say that social distancing measures must be in place and that capacity should be calculated using SGSA's (Sports Grounds Safety Authority) SG.02 guidance. This allows a capacity to be worked out at either 2m or 1m+. The is the same guide that NL clubs would have used last autumn and December when calculating how many spectators clubs could allow in. In Woking's case we could sell just over 1,300 tickets. The guidance issued earlier this month on how elite sport prepares for the return of spectators also refers back to guidance issued last autumn that states travelling spectators are banned. This meant that back in December away fans weren't allowed into NL matches and from what I have read this will be the same for NL matches staged after 17th May.

As mentioned clubs do need to get their capacity agreed with the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) and potentially the local Environmental Health Officer before they can re-open their grounds to spectators.

For supporters of NL clubs who were lucky enough to go and watch their teams last December (remember we had the tier system then so not all clubs were allowed spectators) then expect exactly the same restrictions in May that were in force last December.

Cousse

Junior Team Starter
Is it worth bothering will all that draconian nonsense for ONE game?

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks