March 28th

huttonpark

Junior Team Starter
Monday 29 March 1965
Southern League Premier Division
Romford 0 Cambridge City 0
Programme 6d
Attendance 2659

Both sides were mid table and so not a lot at stake in this game.

Last edited:

Loiner

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
Good Friday 28th March 1997
Four matches on the Devon League Hop.
Alphington v Topsham Town 2-1
Teignmouth v Newton St Cyres 0-4
Newton Abbott Spurs v Newton Abbott 0-3
Buckfastleigh Rangers v Ivybridge Town 5-2
Easter Monday 28th March 2005
Exeter Civil Service v Crediton United 0-1 Devon League
Weston-Super-Mare v Bognor Regis Town 2-1 Conference South
Southam United v Barnt Green Spartak 1-2 Midland Combination Premier

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Triple header on Good Friday 1997:

1100 - Dorset Combination
Weymouth Sports 0-1 Shaftesbury - Attendance 50 est

1500 - Western League Premier Division
Chard Town 0-1 Tiverton Town - Attendance 250 est

1945 - Dr Martens League Southern Division
Forest Green Rovers 3-1 Cirencester Town - Attendance 629

Lovely warm sunny day which began at the college ground now used by Balti Sports in the Dorset Premier. Back then it was just a roped off pitch in an open field, now enclosed and railed off but still no cover. Shaftesbury, before they added Town to their name, won the league that season but didn't move up to the Wessex League for a good few years, Dorset Combination was Step 6 at the time feeding into the Wessex League's then only division. Took a walk along the seafront after the game, which was a mistake as by the time I got to Chard, programmes had sold out. Back then, SatNav's didn't exist I didn't have my Somerset Street Atlas back then and had to rely on the directions in the Non League Directory and often got lost trying to find grounds, especially with the tight back streets leading to Zembard Lane. It was my first visit to Chard's famous sloping pitch, been back twice since. Tiverton, like Shaftesbury, won the league but didn't go up for a few years afterwards. Forest Green also won their league and were promoted to the Premier Division. It was my first visit to the old Lawn, a lovely scenic ground with a modern elevated stand, cover behind the end to the right and on half the opposite side. Only other visit was for a 1-1 draw with Cherries in the FA Cup 1st Round in November 2004.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks