Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
For your March 21 entries

Stoodley Pike

Youth Team Star
Saturday 21st March 1998
Halifax Town 2 Rushden & Diamonds 0 (HT 0-0)
The Football Conference (3.0)
Attendance 3,951 (all-ticket sell-out)
Programme £1.50 (32pp)

The day Halifax Town fans realised the unimaginable was about to happen: 12 months after their team came within minutes of relegation to the Northern Premier League (and almost certainly folding), the Shaymen beat their nearest rivals to the Conference title to stand poised for a return to the Football League. Astonishing, for a side the bookies rated 66-1 outsiders when the season kicked off.

As luck had it, the 1997-98 season fell during a two-year spell I had working for a Skipton-based magazine and book publisher. A Monday to Friday, nine to five job, too - not something I’d experienced in previous journalism posts. Those hours allowed me to watch virtually every Halifax game, home and away. My interest in the club I’d supported as a schoolboy had been reawakened, five years previously, by relegation from the Football League. 1997-98 turned out to be my last season as a regular supporter. Relocating to Exeter in August 1998, a week into the following season, turned me into a full-time groundhopper. The habit was broken, finally for good. I never went back to supporting a team. Can’t say I miss it.

This was a strange season. A real novelty attending matches expecting Halifax to win rather than hoping they wouldn’t lose. After the first few games, it became clear George Mulhall’s part-time squad had the potential to be a cut above anything else the Conference could offer. Indeed, two of Town’s five league defeats came after the title had been clinched. The players were on the lash for several days, and performances suffered at Northwich Victoria and (of all places) Welling United.

At home games, one’s eyes couldn’t help but stray continually to the two ends at The Shay. Both were being rebuilt in a race-against-time effort to modernise the facilities. At least one end stand had to be complete before the Football League inspector called. On April 2, the new north terrace was deemed fit, raising capacity from 4,000 to 7,400. The players duly finished the job, clinching the title on April 18 with a 2-0 victory at Kidderminster Harriers (more of that, I daresay, in a ‘Retro WDYG’ to come).

One of the three pre-April 18 defeats, a 0-4 drubbing, had come on a gloomy February 7 at Nene Park, Irthlingborough. This crunch return fixture - top versus second - was dubbed ‘payback day’. It would have been entirely typical of Town, who featured on that day’s Football Focus, to fluff their lines. Failing to turn up on the big occasion was the club’s speciality. In the event, however, Brian Talbot’s expensively assembled Diamonds were played off the park. A final score of 2-0 barely did justice to Town’s superiority. Rushden full-back Tim Wooding, cracking under relentless pressure, broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute by turning a cross past his own keeper. Then, with five minutes of normal time remaining, Jamie Paterson, later to be named the season’s Conference Player of the Year, rounded said keeper to add a glorious second. Thirteen points clear. Job almost done.

One other from this date worth a mention:

Nottingham Forest 1 Leeds United 1 (1993, the inaugural Premier League season). Doing ‘The 92’. The days when Premier League squads comprised mostly UK-born players. A very different football landscape. Forest featured Roy Keane, Ian Woan and Gary Bannister; Leeds fielded David Kerslake, Steve Hodge and Lee Chapman. Rod Wallace (13mins) put Leeds ahead only for Nigel Clough (43mins) to equalise. The attendance was 25,148 (circa 5,000 short of capacity). Finishing bottom, Forest were relegated with Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace. Leeds, 17th, were two points clear of the drop zone.

I’d been to the City Ground before, during July 1977. At the time, a Sheffield-based cousin played for one of Forest’s numerous nursery teams, Brunsmeer Athletic Juniors. The team were invited to a behind-the-scenes tour (conducted, I recall, by Irishman Liam O’Kane, on Forest’s backroom staff). It being the ‘long’ school holiday, I was staying with my cousin for a week, and tagged along. Even in its undeveloped state, the City Ground was fairly impressive. Little did we - or anybody else! - realise newly-promoted Forest would take the First Division by storm during the season ahead. The tour concluded with a walk down the players’ tunnel. Without warning, a door opened and Brian Clough popped out his head. “Keep off that pitch, you lot,” he barked then promptly vanished. It was the only time we saw him all day.

Attachments

Last edited:

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
My daily tweet takes me behind the Bird seed curtain to the black sea resort of Nesebar.
81/366 Nesebar v Loko Stara Zagora

This was one of two grounds, matches and draws on the day, as afterwards Paul Sparrow and I headed to Stadium Lazur for Chernomorets Burgas v Cherno More Varna (0-0).

Overall, the date we generally consider to be the equinox (I gather it was the 19th this year), has been busy with a total of 23 matches and 15 ground ticks, including two more double headers (all new grounds at the time). In 1987, Tranmere Rovers lost 1-0 to Wolverhampton Wanderers in a division Wolves fans do not care to remember, followed by Gresford Athletic v Lex XI, also 0-1. While in 2008, I followed Axminster Town v Newton Abbot (another 0-1) with seeing Witheridge inflict a 5-0 defeat on Holsworthy

Other notable ground ticks abroad include Amiens' old Stade Moulonguet for a 3-2 defeat by Louhans Cuiseaux 71 in the French second divsion, the Polman Stadium for Heracles and Den Haag shared the points with a 1-1 draw and the Rote Erde, next to the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund, where Borussia II drew 1-1 with Stuttgart Kickers in 3. Liga

Highest attendance, by a large margin was at the Merdeka in KL, the chosen second stadium in the 1996 Asian Olympic qualifyers. I have estimated 20,000 as watching China getting beat 3-0 by South Korea. A result that eliminated China and put South Korea into the semi-finals

Four Cheltenham home games (but no away ones) in the list, but only one home win, against Northampton Town (2-1, 2000), the draw was with Wrexham (2-2, 2006) while defeats were inflicted by Northwich Victoria (2-3, 1990) and Exeter City (1-2, 2015)

The highest crowd was the estimated 20,000 in Malaysia, the second was 5300 at Heracles and third was 4515 for Cheltenham against Northampton. On the low side, I counted 22 at US Portsmouth v AFC Stoneham (0-1, 2017) and 20 at Woodson Park v Sarrat (1-3, 2007)

prorege

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Wednesday March 21st 1984

European Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Dundee United 1 Rapid Vienna 0 (Agg 2-1), Att 18,865
At Tannadice Park, Dundee

A night of real historic significance in Scottish football as Jim Mclean’s United side reached the Semi Final of the European Cup. A crowd of nearly 20,000 crammed into Tannadice to witness a tense night of action against Austrian Champions Rapid Vienna. Young United fans today must find it hard to compute that their team once operated at this level, as they play the likes of Alloa and Arbroath in the League this season.

United had gained a very creditable 1-1 draw in Vienna two weeks earlier but the second leg remained balanced on a knife edge. I recall a huge air of expectancy as I took my place on the precipitous main terracing at Tannadice which I recall as being dangerously overcrowded, with the crowd swaying forward and back as the action ebbed and flowed on the field. United had swept aside Standard Liege by 4-0 in the home leg of the previous round but this was never going to be as easy.

It was absolute bedlam when Davie Dodds scored with a hooked shot in the 21st minute. It was no more than United deserved as they had been the better side in the opening spell. Jim Mclean was left with a tactical dilemma – push on and look for a second, or sit in and defend what they had. In the end it was more of the latter with United’s defensive partnership of Paul Hegarty and Dave Narey showing tremendous character and ability to guide their team to victory.

United’s side included Paul Sturrock, Eamonn Bannon, Richard Gough and Maurice Malpas who were all outstanding players. Tommy Coyne made his European debut as a second half substitute. Veteran goalie Hamish McAlpine had a great game. Rapid’s side included Antonin Panenka and Hans Krankl – players who had only really featured for me on the pages of World Soccer before then.

Tannadice was a fantastic venue on nights such as this. The Main Stand was much the same as now, straddling the corner flag at the bottom end of the ground. The remainder of the ground was terracing. Behind the goal at the Dens Park end was “The Shed”, still there today but with the addition of seats. The far side was a huge terracing which had acquired a roof in 1980 courtesy of the transfer fee that West Ham paid for Raymond Stewart. The terracing steps there were unusual in that they were 12 inches high and narrow. It meant everyone got a brilliant view but it was difficult to keep your footing in a boisterous crowd.

There were a small number of away fans, maybe 20. They were housed in the part of the main stand that was “round the corner” behind the goal.

United took their place in the last four with Liverpool, Roma and Dinamo Bucharest. The Semi Final against Roma may well be my featured game in a few weeks time.

Kirby Knitters

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
The Knitters.
FLD3.
Blackpool 0 Middlesbrough 1.
Admission £4 in the south stand seats.
Attendance 7,132.
Pretty sure Boro won the league this season and must have been doing well on the day in question for the number of fans they took. Had never been to Bloomfield Road before and have never been back since but remember being fairly impressed by the place.

Steveb

Youth Team Starter
Team{s}
England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham
1997 (Friday)
7.45pm
League of Ireland, Premier Division
St Patrick's Athletic 0 Cork City 0 (att 2,500)

No goals, as was often the case in the Republic of Ireland at the time. This was the opening game of a groundhopping weekend with a couple of hopping friends. One of whom will be known to many but doesn't post on here, the other sadly no longer with us.

These were the days before you could hop on a cheap flight across the Irish Sea, and so we went by car via the Holyhead ferry. We met some German hoppers on the ferry, and met them again in a pub close to Richmond Park after the match.

I can't remember anything about what was probably a dull game, but I do remember the lock-in the pub. Don't know what the pub was called but It was used by St Pats officials and supporters, and they ensured their English and German visitors were well supplied with trays of sandwiches and Guinness.

On the Saturday, nursing hangovers, we visited Coleraine in the afternoon and Derry City at night (Derry was a revisit for me). On the Sunday we went to Limerick FC at Rathbane.

1467.jpg

Kingsmere

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Rampant Rangers
21st March 1975

Oxford City 1-1 Hitchin Town

Isthmian League, City experimented with Friday games to try to increase crowds.

21st March 1987

Finchley 0-0 Oxford City

Isthmian League One, awful game, nice stand.

21st March 1989

Wisbech Town 2-0 Histon

ECL, working in the area which I did in those days. A revisit.

Bigaitch

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None in particular
Saturday 21st March 1998
Halifax Town 2 Rushden & Diamonds 0 (HT 0-0)
The Football Conference (3.0)
Attendance 3,951 (all-ticket sell-out)
Programme £1.50 (32pp)

The day Halifax Town fans realised the unimaginable was about to happen: 12 months after their team came within minutes of relegation to the Northern Premier League (and almost certainly folding), the Shaymen beat their nearest rivals to the Conference title to stand poised for a return to the Football League. Astonishing, for a side the bookies rated 66-1 outsiders when the season kicked off.

As luck had it, the 1997-98 season fell during a two-year spell I had working for a Skipton-based magazine and book publisher. A Monday to Friday, nine to five job, too - not something I’d experienced in previous journalism posts. Those hours allowed me to watch virtually every Halifax game, home and away. My interest in the club I’d supported as a schoolboy had been reawakened, five years previously, by relegation from the Football League. 1997-98 turned out to be my last season as a regular supporter. Relocating to Exeter in August 1998, a week into the following season, turned me into a full-time groundhopper. The habit was broken, finally for good. I never went back to supporting a team. Can’t say I miss it.

This was a strange season. A real novelty attending matches expecting Halifax to win rather than hoping they wouldn’t lose. After the first few games, it became clear George Mulhall’s part-time squad had the potential to be a cut above anything else the Conference could offer. Indeed, two of Town’s five league defeats came after the title had been clinched. The players were on the lash for several days, and performances suffered at Northwich Victoria and (of all places) Welling United.

At home games, one’s eyes couldn’t help but stray continually to the two ends at The Shay. Both were being rebuilt in a race-against-time effort to modernise the facilities. At least one end stand had to be complete before the Football League inspector called. On April 2, the new north terrace was deemed fit, raising capacity from 4,000 to 7,400. The players duly finished the job, clinching the title on April 18 with a 2-0 victory at Kidderminster Harriers (more of that, I daresay, in a ‘Retro WDYG’ to come).

One of the three pre-April 18 defeats, a 0-4 drubbing, had come on a gloomy February 7 at Nene Park, Irthlingborough. This crunch return fixture - top versus second - was dubbed ‘payback day’. It would have been entirely typical of Town, who featured on that day’s Football Focus, to fluff their lines. Failing to turn up on the big occasion was the club’s speciality. In the event, however, Brian Talbot’s expensively assembled Diamonds were played off the park. A final score of 2-0 barely did justice to Town’s superiority. Rushden full-back Tim Wooding, cracking under relentless pressure, broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute by turning a cross past his own keeper. Then, with five minutes of normal time remaining, Jamie Paterson, later to be named the season’s Conference Player of the Year, rounded said keeper to add a glorious second. Thirteen points clear. Job almost done.

One other from this date worth a mention:

Nottingham Forest 1 Leeds United 1 (1993, the inaugural Premier League season). Doing ‘The 92’. The days when Premier League squads comprised mostly UK-born players. A very different football landscape. Forest featured Roy Keane, Ian Woan and Gary Bannister; Leeds fielded David Kerslake, Steve Hodge and Lee Chapman. Rod Wallace (13mins) put Leeds ahead only for Nigel Clough (43mins) to equalise. The attendance was 25,148 (circa 5,000 short of capacity). Finishing bottom, Forest were relegated with Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace. Leeds, 17th, were two points clear of the drop zone.

I’d been to the City Ground before, during July 1977. At the time, a Sheffield-based cousin played for one of Forest’s numerous nursery teams, Brunsmeer Athletic Juniors. The team were invited to a behind-the-scenes tour (conducted, I recall, by Irishman Liam O’Kane, on Forest’s backroom staff). It being the ‘long’ school holiday, I was staying with my cousin for a week, and tagged along. Even in its undeveloped state, the City Ground was fairly impressive. Little did we - or anybody else! - realise newly-promoted Forest would take the First Division by storm during the season ahead. The tour concluded with a walk down the players’ tunnel. Without warning, a door opened and Brian Clough popped out his head. “Keep off that pitch, you lot,” he barked then promptly vanished. It was the only time we saw him all day.
Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed watching that footage and remember that Halifax team well. What really stood out for me in that footage was the seemingly excellent spirit the game was played in. The Rushden keeper being acknowledged by a Halifax player after an excellent save had kept it at 0-0 and other examples of players just wanting to play a game of football.

martin55

Junior Team Regular
2008 (Good Friday)

Newcastle Blue Star v Curzon Ashton

Unibond League Division One North at Kingston Park Stadium

Match abandoned after 10 minutes play (no score) due to high winds damaging the roof of the big seated stand. A panel of which was flapping in said wind and likely to come off at any minute.

Don’t know what the attendance was, but only the main stand and paddock was in use.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
ECWC QF 2nd leg.
Hajduk Split v Hibernian.
16-00 @ Plinara Stadium ( AKA Gas Plant Stadium / AKA Stari Plac). Rugby Union nowadays.
3-0.

Made my way from the Sunday Milan derby ( 0-2 to AC) to the lovely town of Split for this QF tie.
It looked a difficult tie but with Hibs winning the first leg 4-2 I was optimistic. An Alan Gordon hat trick in the first game had set up this intriguing game.

Hibs were 2-0 down by half time and the bananas home crowd were going mad. At this stage Hibs were out of it and badly needed a goal , manager Eddie Turnbull thought the same and replaced Tony Higgins at half time with Jimmy O'Rourke. The tactic didn't pay off and John Blackley added to Hibs woe with an own goal. That was it and the Hibs defence had let them down.

Pre game left my bag in the hotel near the station to pick up after the game and went to the stadium early doors to have a look. 2 hours before and it was fairly full , I had a comp , mate Alec Cropley had given me a comp previous day , it was in the posh (?) seats so managed to get in and even half a few free slivovitzes and some food. Bottles were being passed around during the game and it would have been rude not to accept the local hospitality. Sure the bottles would have ended up on the pitch if the result had gone against Split.

Wearing my Hibs scarf I didn't buy a drink post match whilst waiting for the 32 hour train journey on the Tauern Express to Cologne. D 218 left at about 21-00 arriving in Cologne on Friday morning about 05-00 in plenty of time for Rot Weiss Oberhausen v Moenchengladbach on Friday evening (1-3).

Hibs.

Jim Herriot.
Des Bremner.
Eric Schaedler.
Pat Stanton.
Jim Black.
John Blackley.
Alex Edwards.
Tony Higgins.
Alan Gordon.
Alec Cropley.
Arthur Duncan.

Subs.
Jimmy O'Rourke for Higgins 45.
Bobbie Smith for Bremner. 52.

Striker Ivan Hlevnajk was the tie winner for Split scoring 2 at Easter Rd inc the 70th minute 4-2 vital goal and then scoring again in Split.

Good trip , met some lovely people , men and women, Kept in touch with one for 20 odd years. Drank far too much.

Last edited:

prorege

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
ECWC QF 2nd leg.
Hajduk Split v Hibernian.
16-00 @ Plinara Stadium ( AKA Gas Plant Stadium / AKA Stari Plac). Rugby Union nowadays.
3-0.

Made my way from the Sunday Milan derby ( 0-2 to AC) to the lovely town of Split for this QF tie.
It looked a difficult tie but with Hibs winning the first leg 4-2 I was optimistic. An Alan Gordon hat trick in the first game had set up this intriguing game.

Hibs were 2-0 down by half time and the bananas home crowd were going mad. At this stage Hibs were out of it and badly needed a goal , manager Eddie Turnbull thought the same and replaced Tony Higgins at half time with Jimmy O'Rourke. The tactic didn't pay off and John Blackley added to Hibs woe with an own goal. That was it and the Hibs defence had let them down.

Pre game left my bag in the hotel near the station to pick up after the game and went to the stadium early doors to have a look. 2 hours before and it was fairly full , I had a comp , mate Alec Cropley had given me a comp previous day , it was in the posh (?) seats so managed to get in and even half a few free slivovitzes and some food. Bottles were being passed around during the game and it would have been rude not to accept the local hospitality. Sure the bottles would have ended up on the pitch if the result had gone against Split.

Wearing my Hibs scarf I didn't buy a drink post match whilst waiting for the 32 hour train journey on the Tauern Express to Cologne. D 218 left at about 21-00 arriving in Cologne on Friday morning about 05-00 in plenty of time for Rot Weiss Oberhausen v Moenchengladbach on Friday evening (1-3).

Hibs.

Jim Herriot.
Des Bremner.
Eric Schaedler.
Pat Stanton.
Jim Black.
John Blackley.
Alex Edwards.
Tony Higgins.
Alan Gordon.
Alec Cropley.
Arthur Duncan.

Subs.
Jimmy O'Rourke for Higgins 45.
Bobbie Smith for Bremner. 52.

Striker Ivan Hlevnajk was the tie winner for Split scoring 2 at Easter Rd inc the 70th minute 4-2 vital goal and then scoring again in Split.

Good trip , met some lovely people , men and women, Kept in touch with one for 20 odd years. Drank far too much.
Brilliant stuff.

I was at the First Leg at Easter Road - the two away goals by Hajduk were the real killer blow for Hibs. Mind you, hard to believe that Eddie Turnbull gave Tony Higgins a start over Jimmy O'Rourke.

Alex Cropley was still a regular at non-league games in the Edinburgh area earlier in the season. Often see him at Craigroyston, Musselburgh and places like that. What a player.

Tim

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Tuesday 21 March 2006:

Liversedge 8 Parkgate 1 (Northern Counties East League) Att: 74

Sat on the M62 for the best part of 2 hours without moving, and realised Ossett Albion, my original target, was now well out of reach. Left at the next junction and, as one did in those pre Satnav days, followed the road atlas to Cleckheaton, as I recalled that the ground was there - somewhere. Time was running out, so I stopped and looked for someone to ask for directions, only to find I was in Quaker Lane, where the ground was hiding at the bottom of the hill, floodlights invisible.

One sided but entertaining game, as the score suggests. More than anything, I remember the vegetable soup and hot dog which were so good I went back for a repeat order. Good tick.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Brilliant stuff.

Mind you, hard to believe that Eddie Turnbull gave Tony Higgins a start over Jimmy O'Rourke.

Alex Cropley was still a regular at non-league games in the Edinburgh area earlier in the season. Often see him at Craigroyston, Musselburgh and places like that. What a player.
Yes very strange.

Alec , always called him that , he didn't mind. One of my favourite players of all time , without injuries he would have been a great.
Had his phone number in the 80's as he was touting for business. Taxi driver.

Suppose he was watching the lad when you've seen him , IF still playing ?

Ciderjon

Junior Team Starter
21St March 1992
Wales 15 Scotland 12
Rugby Union 5 Nations

We got soaked!

An £8 ticket got you to stand on the uncovered East Terrace of the old National Ground. So wet my programme was reduced to pulp despite being in the inside pocket of a so-called waterproof jacket.

Plenty of camaraderie between all supporters and plenty of whisky hipflasks going round. Wales were slightly better on the day in atrocious conditions.

I went with my girlfriend and afterwards met up with her father, and her cousins wife outside the Glamorgan County Council Staff Club, thence to The Vulcan to drink a gallon or so of Brains Dark.

Times have changed in 28 years.......the National Ground got transmogrified into the Principality Stadium, Italy joined the competition becoming the 6 Nations, I found a copy of the programme in a charity shop in Newport, the Glamorgan Staff Club is now the Tiny Rebel and The Vulcan got taken apart brick by brick and lies in St Fagans Museum awaiting rebuilding.This year even the fixture was cancelled.

And the girlfriend? Well we got married the following year and still are together.

Pawn Of Prophecy

Junior Team Regular
Tuesday 21 March 2017

Isthmian Premier

Staines Town 0 Harrow Borough 0

A match as boring as the score suggests and but for this post would have been forgotten by all those who attended. At least then Staines had a decent team. Keeper Jack Turner and winger Max Worsfold now playing for Slough. Mo Bettamer playing for Barnet. Adrian Clifton went to Maidenhead.

prorege

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Fife clubs
Yes very strange.

Alec , always called him that , he didn't mind. One of my favourite players of all time , without injuries he would have been a great.
Had his phone number in the 80's as he was touting for business. Taxi driver.

Suppose he was watching the lad when you've seen him , IF still playing ?
His laddie and his nephew both played for various clubs in the Edinburgh area. He watched them but also took an interest in various clubs. I think he has given up the taxi now but he was doing that until recently.

Hoddy1.

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
His laddie and his nephew both played for various clubs in the Edinburgh area. He watched them but also took an interest in various clubs. I think he has given up the taxi now but he was doing that until recently.
Alec at his best , 9' 45'' in but you may as well watch it all -

rambler77

Junior Team Regular
1998: Oadby Town 5-0 United Collieries (Leicestershire Senior League Premier Division)
2006: Great Wyrley 3-0 Wolverhampton Casuals (West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division Cup 2nd Round
2009: Thoresby Colliery Welfare 0-1 Westella & Willerby (Central Midlands League Premier Division)
2015: Oakham United 2-3 Thorney (Peterborough & District League Premier Division

agamemnon3

Junior Team Regular
Saturday, March 21st 1981. Football League Division One.
Southampton v Middlesbrough 1-0 (0-0). Att: 20651.

My only visit to the Dell, another lost ground with some character, though perhaps not such a great place to go for visiting supporters. I recall being hemmed in down by one of the corner flags, with the pitch at eye-level, never an ideal view of the proceedings.

A nothing game really, fairly typical of the attritional football regularly served up by Middlesbrough at the time. This usually amounted to defending resolutely for eighty-nine and a half minutes, letting a soft goal in, and coming away thinking that somehow that was a good result. Southampton were a decent side of course, with Kevin Keegan, Mick Channon and Alan Ball in their ranks, but with a little ambition MFC may have got something. Leading scorer Steve Moran eventually tapped in following a defensive mix-up, and took Southampton up to third in the division, behind Ipswich Town and eventual champions, Aston Villa. They couldn't sustain their challenge, and finished sixth, while MFC finished fourteenth.

stingray

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Step 4 - 6 local football
457. 21/03/09 - Leighton Town 0-0 Sutton Coldfield Town
1007. 21/03/15 - St. Ives Town 4-0 Leighton Town
1168. 21/03/17 - Leighton Town 2-0 Crawley Green
1244. 21/03/18 - Aylesbury United 2-0 Northwood

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks