March 18th

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Itr's a WDYG thread. It is open for everyone to post their WDYG in the same way as on the previous threads. There is no requirement to include a narrarastive on previous threads so no requirement here although obviously it's more interesting if done so

stingray

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Step 4 - 6 local football
Good idea, although you can just as easily go on the old forum,find the appropriate date and re-read all the WDYG posts from there. That's what I'll probably do.

Anyway, back on topic - I do have full chronological lists by date, but they're on the laptop which is at home where I don't have the internet and I can't be arsed to keep booting it up all the time.

Off the top of my head

18 March 2000 - Carlisle United v. Barnet (can't remember the score)
18 March 2003 - Barnet v. somebody or other (if they played that evening)
18 March 2006 - Leighton Town 2-0 Bedworth United
18 March 2008 - Can't remember if Leighton played that night
18 March 2014 - Tring Athletic 3-4 Harefield United (report still available on old forum)
18 March 2017 - Leighton Town 1-0 Edgware Town (ditto)

Tim

Youth Team Sub
Team{s}
Stourbridge, Welton Rovers
Tuesday 18 March 1980:

West Bromwich Albion 4 Bolton Wanderers 4 (Football League Division 1) Att: 11,655

Bloody hell - 40 years ago. Which is why I have little recollection of the game, other than Peter Barnes colliding with a post early in the match, requiring treatment and then proceeding to have his only decent game in a Baggies shirt, scoring a hat trick, including two penalties. The internet tells me Remi Moses scored the other, and I'm reasonably sure it rained heavily throughout. Season ticket: about £50. Programme: 30p.

SteveW

Site Admin
Staff member
Good idea, although you can just as easily go on the old forum,find the appropriate date and re-read all the WDYG posts from there. That's what I'll probably do.
No there are a lot of new forum members who may want to contribute that didn't previously and a lot of old/current forum members who go back beyond when the old forum started that will want to share earlier experiences. The later the better!

Bagman

Youth Team Hopeful
18 March 2014 Ash United 2 v 0 Chessington & Hook
18 March 2017 Bedford Town 1 v 1 Egham Town Programme £2 Attendance 178

Loiner

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
None
A bit late I know, but on checking something today I noticed that I watched my first two domestic league matches in Wales on 18th March 1989.
Taffs Well v Pontlottyn 1-1 Welsh National Div.1
Ebbw Vale v AFC Cardiff 4-1 Welsh National Premier at Eugene Cross Park (Ebbw Vale RUFC).

Kentish exile

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Gillingham, Kent CC, Miami Dolphins, Camborne RFC, Castleford Tigers
2006 L1

Bristol C 6-0 Gillingham Att 10932

Lets just gloss over that one. We were so bad even Mark McCammon scored against us!!

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks