Manager / Head Coach Ins & Outs 2020/21

GoldenMiller34

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Millwall
Scandalous decision. Vince has shown his true colours. The only reason FGR's form had dipped recently is the injury to Jamille Matt, their ace goalscorer. Vince failed to provide the funds for adequate backup. So in the vain hope of short-term gain he sacks his manager who has provided steady progress for 5 years. Should have given him a new contract. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Scandalous decision. Vince has shown his true colours. The only reason FGR's form had dipped recently is the injury to Jamille Matt, their ace goalscorer. Vince failed to provide the funds for adequate backup. So in the vain hope of short-term gain he sacks his manager who has provided steady progress for 5 years. Should have given him a new contract. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.
FGR have not won in six games, Matt played in the first three of these.
Frankly, I have alway thought of it as a bad egotistic chairman and a bad egotistic manager who deserved each other's company

007Dale

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Frankly, I have alway thought of it as a bad egotistic chairman and a bad egotistic manager who deserved each other's company
I can’t claim to know too much about them, but I’ve always been impressed that they’ve seemed to build slowly, rather than rattle through the leagues in a flash, like some.

That said, there has to be a limit to the ambition. They might be able to give league one a crack at some point, but I wouldn’t imagine they could sustain any higher.

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Frankly, I have alway thought of it as a bad egotistic chairman and a bad egotistic manager

In some other disastrous cases, they ended up as one and the same person. 😱

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
6th in League 2 so surely not sacked for being at the wrong end of the table. Did Dale Vince find a KFC wrapper in Coopers car?

It would be interesting to hear a bit more about this...just to be able to put more meat on the bones so to speak... I’ll get my coat....

Where will son of Terry turn up next? Although he got promoted with Forest Green Hippies, he had a decent budget and his records elsewhere are not exactly overwhelming.

Last edited:

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I can’t claim to know too much about them, but I’ve always been impressed that they’ve seemed to build slowly, rather than rattle through the leagues in a flash, like some.

That said, there has to be a limit to the ambition. They might be able to give league one a crack at some point, but I wouldn’t imagine they could sustain any higher.
Before Vince came to the helm, it appeared that National League was the limit of their ambitions
They have been slow moving up the leagues since then, much to the annoyance of Vince, although he has not been quick to sack the manager for this. Cooper has managed for almost fve years.

On arriving in the football league, Vince said it would be easier to get out of League-2 (at the top end) then to get into it. The kits then, (they may have changed), had three stars on the back. One for the promotion from the National League (filled in) and two more, waiting for the next two promotions. They certainly were not intending four years in the same division.

All the time, we have had the new stadium scheme rumbling in the background. First as part of a green industrial park, and when that was knocked back, as a standalone project. The green credentials of a football stadium next to a motorway junction, but not close to a population centre must be debatable

GoldenMiller34

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Millwall
And went off with a serious injury in the last of those three versus Bolton in the first minute plus it was hard enough for them to score goals even prior to that. But when Matt went down there endeth their season.

Ropemaker

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
Vince now hinting Cooper's replacement might be a woman

We'll see

Tykeoldboy

Reserve Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Doncaster Rovers
Everton
Doncaster Rovers are inviting applications for the managers role and Mark Cooper probably put his application in already

Bagman

Reserve Team Starter
John Sheridan has offered to resign as manager of League One's bottom side Swindon Town following their 4-1 defeat at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday.

The loss was Swindon's ninth in their past 11 games and they lie seven points from safety with four games to play.
Sheridan, 56, took over from Richie Wellens in November but has won just eight of 33 games in charge, losing 21.

Swindon Addick

Youth Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Charlton Athletic, Cambridge City
John Sheridan has offered to resign as manager of League One's bottom side Swindon Town following their 4-1 defeat at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday.
Given the mess the club's in, he should have asked to be allowed to leave.

jon b

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
Sheffield Utd/Wed/FC
Doncaster Rovers are inviting applications for the managers role and Mark Cooper probably put his application in already

Dangerous job to take on. If you leave to try to better yourself they get out the Donny Rovers voodoo doll and start sticking pins in it.

As Darren Moore on his pneumonia sickbed would confirm.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular

The loss was Swindon's ninth in their past 11 games and they lie seven points from safety with four games to play.
Sheridan, 56, took over from Richie Wellens in November but has won just eight of 33 games in charge, losing 21.
Two weeks ago he said he was seriously considering his future and now he has offered to resign. He has only been in the job since 13th November and none of the shambles that is going on is down to him so why doesn't he just quit and have done with it.

Kirby Knitters

First Team Regular
Sheridan has officially gone now with assistant manager Tommy Wright taking charge of the first team for the rest of the season.

Swindon say they will be making no further comment.. On this one, i fully believe them! 🤐

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Mourinho sacked allegedly.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks