Mad Results 20/21

Chris1963

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Manchester United 1-6 Tottenham Hotspur
Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool
It makes you wonder if these scorelines would have happened if the games had been played in front of spectators. From watching these, and other, Premier League games on TV, it does seem to me that the players appear to be more relaxed and cheerful, perhaps because there is less pressure on them when they are playing in empty stadiums.

Sungater

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
None
Man U could learn a bit from West Essex who had a man sent off after an hour o Friday night and scored four goals with ten men to win 6-0.
Interesting the given the current mantra of "Keep the ball", Liverpool had 70% possession.

BlackDouglas

Junior Team Star
Team{s}
Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, The Rangers, Rochdale, QotS.
Interesting the given the current mantra of "Keep the ball", Liverpool had 70% possession.
I always ask, what's the point of possession if you don't do anything with it, bore the opposition into submission? Didn't work this time!!

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
I defy anyone to seriously suggest Liverpool have been boring anyone into submission in recent seasons!

Despite comparable thumpings, I reckon Liverpool's will do them the power of good, whereas United's may well compound their problems. And Jose's post match interview, praising the structure of his football club, was surely also intended to resonate amongst the United hierarchy.

philglossop

Junior Team Regular
Team{s}
Saltash United
Full Time Stoke Gabriel 0 Ivybridge Town 3.

I'll do a report when I get home but they're a very different side apparently.

paulh66

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Full Time Stoke Gabriel 0 Ivybridge Town 3.

I'll do a report when I get home but they're a very different side apparently.
I see it's Stoke v Marjons on Saturday. They couldn't, could they?!

BDA_85

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Dunstable
St Neots Town 8-0 Didcot Town (SL1C) - the extent to the madness will become clear as the season unfolds. Didcot made 3 new signings on Friday, may be a bedding in period.

007Dale

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Something of an improvement yesterday, Aylestonians managed to restrict previously winless Greenhill A to a 10-0 win.
Current goal difference after three games is -39.
Another stinker from Aylestonians yesterday, losing 15-2 to Woodhouse Imperial. Goal Difference now -52 after four games. If they keep going, then the -100 GD might be achieved before we start opening the advent calendar.

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Devon & Exeter League Premier West
Lapford 15-0 Hatherleigh Town

Chris1963

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Oxford United / groundhopper
Last Saturday in the Suffolk Junior Cup; Brandon Town 9 Walsham-le-Willows 'A' 0

Kirby Knitters

First Team Starter
Team{s}
The Knitters.
Rushden and Higham United 0 Aylestone Park 9 in UCL 1 last night.

JamesF

Junior Team Sub
North West Counties League Premier Division

Winsford United 10 - 2 Barnoldswick Town

Cherryhopper

Reserve Team Star
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
South West Peninsula League
West Division
Bodmin Town 8-1 Porthleven
Liskeard Athletic 10-1 Godolphin Atlantic
East Division
Stoke Gabriel 1-17 Ilfracombe Town

Essex & Suffolk Border League Division 4
Frinton & Walton 21-0 Parkeston Welfare Park

hamlet

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
anyone non league
Bugger all to do with English football,but these 2 results don't happen often and certainly not on the same day: Real Madrid 0 Cadiz 1 Getafe 1 Barcelona 0, Sevilla also lost an Andulucian derby to Granada 1-0

007Dale

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Another stinker from Aylestonians yesterday, losing 15-2 to Woodhouse Imperial. Goal Difference now -52 after four games. If they keep going, then the -100 GD might be achieved before we start opening the advent calendar.
Congratulations to Aylestonians, after losing their first four games by an average of 13 goals each. they’ve managed to win their fifth game, beating Quorn Rangers 4-2. Quorn themselves have now lost all 7 games played this season.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks