London Sunday Challenge Cup (2020-2021)

Master Blaster

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Liverpool
SE Dons
Kadell Daniel plays for Grand Athletic.Plays for Kingstonian and the Guyana national team.Also I think another Kingstonan player plays for them and a former Lambeth player possibly.
Heard it was a very good game tonight and both teams were excellent.

stevegraze

Youth Team Hopeful
I was wondering how a new team like Grand Athletic reached the final of the LSCC in their first season as a club. Seems they are well coached. Their manager Ahmet Akdag was a youth team coach at London Premier League clubs such as Crystal Palace and Fulham (as well as Charlton Athletic). He has also coached adult teams in the Combined Counties League.

Those connections might explain how he managed to get Guyanan international players into his team (who are also doing well at the top of the Metropolitan Sunday League).

Master Blaster

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Liverpool
SE Dons
One more semi final to go on the 23rd May.
Now my team Dons are out I would like Kenningwell to win as as they are a great club and this is a trophy they would very much like to win.Especially for players like Junior Baker and Taurean Roberts who is an absolute entertainer with the ball at his feet.
Don’t mind Mike End Baiteze winning it as I like Jamie Leggatt, but not necessarily Justin Gardener as I remember years back he used to be on this forum in it’s previous form when he used to manage Bethnal Green United.

stevegraze

Youth Team Hopeful
@Master Blaster - Taurean Roberts is a wizard. He has a touch of the Jay Jay Okocha about him. Some of his tricks are impossible to describe (see below). By his own admission, lack of application may have prevented him from turning pro (he no showed a trial at Crystal Palace!). He has been playing semi-pro on the non-league circuit for several years now.

Was Justin Gardner really on the old forum? Under his real name?

Cherryhopper

First Team Regular
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Quarter finals update:

AFC Hammersmith Town v Mile End Baiteze (23/5, 1100)

Kenningwell United 3-3 (4-2 pens) M Boys (9/5)

Hatcham 0-1 AFC Brixton (12/5)

Grand Athletic 2-1 SE Dons (11/5)

Cherryhopper

First Team Regular
Team{s}
London Sunday Junior Cup update

O/s 4th Round tie:
9/5 FC Forza Greenwich 1-6 City East

Quarter-Finals - 16th May unless stated
AFC Rose blue v City East - 23/5
Zaza FC London greens v The Gun (Pub) - 1400 @ New River Sports Centre
Selhurst Sunday 6-1 Baddoo FC Blues (played 5th May)
B Young Stars Reds v Hatch Lane United - 1500 @ Meridian S & SC SE7 8QS

Master Blaster

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Liverpool
SE Dons
One more semi final to go on the 23rd May.
Now my team Dons are out I would like Kenningwell to win as as they are a great club and this is a trophy they would very much like to win.Especially for players like Junior Baker and Taurean Roberts who is an absolute entertainer with the ball at his feet.
Don’t mind Mike End Baiteze winning it as I like Jamie Leggatt, but not necessarily Justin Gardener as I remember years back he used to be on this forum in it’s previous form when he used to manage Bethnal Green United.
@Master Blaster - Taurean Roberts is a wizard. He has a touch of the Jay Jay Okocha about him. Some of his tricks are impossible to describe (see below). By his own admission, lack of application may have prevented him from turning pro (he no showed a trial at Crystal Palace!). He has been playing semi-pro on the non-league circuit for several years now.

Was Justin Gardner really on the old forum? Under his real name?

Saw Taurean Roberts play live when I watched the Dons play Kenningwell in the PPC final a couple of years back.I was mesmerised by some of his ball skills,but thankfully Dons won in no thanks to Big G the Dons keeper pulling off some great saves and Zak Ansah getting both goals.
Also saw a montage of Taurean’s skills against Blendon in the PCC final.Made some their players look stupid at times and Blendon are a very good team who can play and also mix up physically if they have to.Actually hope Blendon are entered into the LSCC next season as they are capable of holding their own in this competition.
Justin Gardener I believe his alias on this forum in it’s previous guise was either “the gaffa” or “gaffa1” from what I can remember.
At the time he managed Bethnal Green United when they was in step 7 and then went up to step 5 in the Essex Senior League.BGU are known as Tower Hamlets FC nowadays as name changed some years back.

stevegraze

Youth Team Hopeful

O/s 4th Round tie:
9/5 FC Forza Greenwich 1-6 City East

AFC Rose blue v City East - 23/5
Zaza FC London greens v The Gun (Pub) - 1400 @ New River Sports Centre
B Young Stars Reds v Hatch Lane United - 1500 @ Meridian S & SC SE7 8QS
Thanks for posting the LSJC draw (although it is awfully confusing for it to be posted in the London Sunday Challenge Cup thread).

Cherryhopper

First Team Regular
Team{s}
London Sunday Trophy update:

Quarter-Finals
2/5 Belmont Athletic 0-3 Mildean - @ Coldharbour Leisure Centre
2/5 Sporting Continental 1's 7-0 Crayford Athletic - @ Colliers Wood United FC
2/5 Spartans 3-2 FC Ballr - @ Dartford FC
18/5 Baldon Sports MET 4-0 Sudbury Athletic (Hujjat) - @ Meridian Sports

Semi-Finals
16/5 Mildean 5-0 Spartans - @ Eltham Town Co-Op Ground
30/5 Sporting Continental 1's v Baldon Sports MET (venue & time tbc)

Cherryhopper

First Team Regular
Team{s}

AFC Rose blue v City East - 23rd May, 1030 @ Enfield Playing Fields EN1 1YP
Zaza FC London greens 1-1 (4-5 pens) The Gun (Pub)
B Young Stars Reds 1-1 (4-2 pens) Hatch Lane United

Semi-Finals - 30th May (venues & times tbc)
Selhurst Sunday v AFC Rose blue/City East
The Gun (Pub) v B Young Stars Reds

Master Blaster

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Liverpool
SE Dons
Congrats to Mike End Baiteze who are into the semi finals with 1-0 win over AFC Hammersmith
Draw for semi final takes place tonight.

Master Blaster

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
Liverpool
SE Dons
The draw for the semi final is

AFC Brixton v Grand Athletic

Kenningwell v Mile End Baiteze

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks