List of Great Britain Artificial pitches. 2021/22. (Work in progress).

Cherryhopper

First Team Starter
Team{s}
AFC Bournemouth, Sunderland, Barnet, Verwood Town
Wimborne Town have started playing matches at their new stadium.
They played a couple of behind closed doors friendlies at their new stadium in December and an Under 23's league game against Brockenhurst which I was hoping to attend but a day before they decided not to admit spectators. All irrelevant to this thread as the new stadium has a grass pitch although I believe they are also constructing an outside 3G pitch.

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
They played a couple of behind closed doors friendlies at their new stadium in December and an Under 23's league game against Brockenhurst which I was hoping to attend but a day before they decided not to admit spectators. All irrelevant to this thread as the new stadium has a grass pitch although I believe they are also constructing an outside 3G pitch.

Ta CH. :rolleyes:

Bigaitch

Reserve Team Starter
Team{s}
None in particular
At some point we need to come up with a replacement name for grass roots football, rubber shoots maybe!!!

With the rate that artificial pitches are cropping up, this thread may need to be rebranded ‘Pitches that are still grass (Or mud)’.

Daveh

Junior Team Sub
Team{s}
St Ives Town
Now our season (St Ives) has been curtailed, work is due to commence on 22 March at Westwood Road to install a 3G pitch and LED floodlights. it’s scheduled to take around 10 weeks and should be ready for the 21/22 pre-season.

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Now our season (St Ives) has been curtailed, work is due to commence on 21 March at Westwood Road to install a 3G pitch and LED floodlights. it’s scheduled to take around 10 weeks and should be ready for the 21/22 pre-season.
Ta Dave.

Ostrich

Junior Team Starter
Shaftesbury's ground, Cockrams, is owned by the local Town Council. Amongst other redevelopment plans in the pipeline (i.e. doing something with the car park), the Council conducted a public consultation in December 2020 / January 2021 about putting in a 3G pitch, and published a 'business case' for it. I don't know what the result of that survey was, but the football round-up in this fortnight's edition of the local rag, the "Blackmore Vale Magazine", says (discussing the possible abandonment of the Wessex and Dorset Premier seasons):

A silver lining for Shaftesbury would be it [sic] ability to focus on plans to install an artificial 3G pitch this summer. "If football comes to a halt, it might be a blessing in disguise" says Disson. (Club Secretary)

So it may be a question of watch this space.
Won't do anything for the fog postponements though .... :ROFLMAO:

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
From FF somewhere else , he obviously doesn't know there is a 3/4 G thread.

The new 3G ground at Helsby [West Cheshire Div. 3], complete with new clubhouse, is ready for use. It is situated 800 metres from their old one and is at the end of Callendar Way, which is reached by turning off the A56 at the traffic lights by Tesco. Post Code - WA6 0FX

Ropemaker

First Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Hailsham Town
Marine [NPL] have applied for planning permission to install a 3G pitch

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Marine [NPL] have applied for planning permission to install a 3G pitch
Cheers.
I have made a note in post 100 but more news the better.

ReeceD1993

Junior Team Starter
Glocester City AFC should be moved to the National League list as they are now playing on a 3G Pitch

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

ReeceD1993

Junior Team Starter
Bradford Park Avenue need to be moved to the National league list as they have started to play on a 3G Surface since the start of the 2020-21

FC Isle of Man are hopeful of finally getting their first season underway when the 2021-22 season starts providng no travel restrictions are in place.

Last edited:

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.

Ancient Wolf

Junior Team Sub
Hod AFC Binley of the Coventry Alliance have been playing in the 3G cage at the Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry CV3 1HW during 20/21

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Hod AFC Binley of the Coventry Alliance have been playing in the 3G cage at the Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry CV3 1HW during 20/21
Cheers Wolfie

Ancient Wolf

Junior Team Sub
Hod East Leake Robins of the Nottinghamshire Senior League are another of the I didnt know they were playing on a 3G this season brigade.
East Leake Leisure Centre Lantern Lane LE12 6QN

johnr

Youth Team Star
Team{s}
NUFC (retired)
Ramsgate have received planning permission to lay 3G and plan to have it ready for next season.

Hoddy1.

First Team Starter
Team{s}
Crewe Alexandra.
England.
Ramsgate have received planning permission to lay 3G and plan to have it ready for next season.
Thanks gents ,the site will be upto speed for the start of 2021/22 Covid permitting.
I should be OK , I've had both jabs and I'm having regular checks for my new job.
Lockdown 3 is another matter.

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks