AFC North Kilworth
Aylestone Park Reserves (new)
Blaby & Whetstone Reserves
Bottesford
Coalville Town Ravens
Cottesmore AFC Development
Desford Reserves
Dunton & Broughton United
Loughborough Students (new) - in effect the reserve side of Loughborough University
Rothley Imperial
Rugby Borough Reserves
St. Andrews Reserves
Sileby Town Reserves
Sutton Bonington
Thurnby Rangers Reserves - name changed official from Thurnby Development

* - 2 Royal Anglian - in abeyance due to operations abroad.

As a footnote there could be up to three late editions to above line-up.

Last edited:

007Dale

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
Good to see Division One looking less like a Reserve League.

What’s the significance of Glenfield United in brackets after County Hall? Are they heading back to Glenfield?

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
Good to see Division One looking less like a Reserve League.

What’s the significance of Glenfield United in brackets after County Hall? Are they heading back to Glenfield?
County Hall are to become Glenfield United's open age Saturday side.
Just waiting for the name to be ratified by the County FA.

compo

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Sutton Common Rovers, FC United
If County hall & Glenfield Utd amalgamate, who will become
the "Senior" football club, & where will there their "home"
ground be based

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
If County hall & Glenfield Utd amalgamate, who will become
the "Senior" football club, & where will there their "home"
ground be based
As far as I am aware, they will be playing under the Glenfield United name and based @ South Charnwood High School, Markfield.

007Dale

Reserve Team Regular
Team{s}
Leicester City, St Albans City
As far as I am aware, they will be playing under the Glenfield United name and based @ South Charnwood High School, Markfield.
I believe Glenfield United Seniors played Sunday football at County Hall previously, rather than Saturday football.

County Hall played at Aylestone after elevation to the Senior League.

I think Glenfield United youth teams use Glenfield Sports Ground, which is where Glenfield Town Senior Saturday side play and will continue to in the County League.

And on Glenfield United and County Hall Merging, the Senior team will play in Markfield. 15 minutes away from Glenfield.

I’ve possibly confused myself with that, so may have something arse-about-face.

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
I believe Glenfield United Seniors played Sunday football at County Hall previously, rather than Saturday football.

County Hall played at Aylestone after elevation to the Senior League.

I think Glenfield United youth teams use Glenfield Sports Ground, which is where Glenfield Town Senior Saturday side play and will continue to in the County League.

And on Glenfield United and County Hall Merging, the Senior team will play in Markfield. 15 minutes away from Glenfield.

I’ve possibly confused myself with that, so may have something arse-about-face
believe you have it about right!!!

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
A late addition to the LSL Premier Division is new club Pro Chance.

They came to the league late and were recommended to the league by the Football Association.
They secured a ground share with Quorn FC only this week, which was one of the conditions of entry to the league.

villan

Youth Team Sub
Re County Hall/ Glenfield United can you just clarify that the new team are leaving ground share at Aylestone to play at South Charnwood school but still in Premier. Does venue have grading & has it been used previously by anyone? Grass or 3G pitch?

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
Re County Hall/ Glenfield United can you just clarify that the new team are leaving ground share at Aylestone to play at South Charnwood school but still in Premier. Does venue have grading & has it been used previously by anyone? Grass or 3G pitch?
Yes - Glenfield United are in the Premier Division and will be playing @ South Charnwood High School and on the 3G pitch there. Work had to be done over the summer for the venue to meet LSL ground grading, which I believe was in relation to changing rooms for the match officials.

As far as I am aware only Sporting Markfield Reserves (who no longer exist) are the only adult side that has played at the venue before, albeit on a grass pitch.

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
Loughborough Students have resigned from the league this morning.

The league is now running @ 18-16-13.
Highfield Rangers and Dunton & Broughton United were elevated last week to the Premier Division and Division 1 respectively to even up the divisional numbers.

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Starter
Loughborough Students have resigned from the league this morning.

The league is now running @ 18-16-13.
Highfield Rangers and Dunton & Broughton United were elevated last week to the Premier Division and Division 1 respectively to even up the divisional numbers.
But the lineup above shows 16 in Prem - so plus Highfield is 17? No?

rambler77

Youth Team Regular
Ummm why are they in the Prem?
They came to league via the FA themselves.

Their player base are all from those that have been released by pro clubs themselves, with the aim of getting back into the pro game. Last season they played games against academy sides from pro clubs such as Sheffield United, and have four or five of these games lined up already - Oldham, Southend and Exeter included.

They wanted to form a club and join a league to give the players competitive games and also having a learning experience of playing different types of teams and in environments they are not used to. After approaching the FA @ Wembley, it was them that recommended the LSL.

I already new of the company as I photographed a couple of their internal assessment games last season, and I took the original call from Liam Sutcliffe, who pretty much runs them, put him onto the general secretary and it went from there.

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Starter
They came to league via the FA themselves.

Their player base are all from those that have been released by pro clubs themselves, with the aim of getting back into the pro game. Last season they played games against academy sides from pro clubs such as Sheffield United, and have four or five of these games lined up already - Oldham, Southend and Exeter included.

They wanted to form a club and join a league to give the players competitive games and also having a learning experience of playing different types of teams and in environments they are not used to. After approaching the FA @ Wembley, it was them that recommended the LSL.

I already new of the company as I photographed a couple of their internal assessment games last season, and I took the original call from Liam Sutcliffe, who pretty much runs them, put him onto the general secretary and it went from there.

Should have started in the bottom division. Simple. All clubs should be treated the same.

AdBlock Detected

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks