League Allocation Appeals 2021

Mek

Youth Team Starter
I thought Histon had also appealed as per Cambridge City ?

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
Please all stick to posting on the subject, not on the posters

Hornchurchspur

Junior Team Starter
Team{s}
Tottenham, Cambridge City
I thought Histon had also appealed as per Cambridge City ?
They did

windydcfc

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Derby County, England & Borussia Mönchengladbach
The tweet that Ollie Bayliss posted yesterday, only corresponds to the 9 clubs who weren’t moved from any league’s and think it’s unfair that they’ve remained in their current league’s. All 9 will get a hearing now & they’re:
Ardley Utd, Amersham, AFC Hinckley, Brislington, Clevedon, Easington Sports, London Tigers, Milton Utd and Wallingford.
There are 9 clubs that won’t get a hearing and this is because they weren’t upwardly moved and have been told to apply for rule K arbitration and they’re:
Boro Rangers, Upper Beeding, Sudbury Sports, FC St Helen’s, Boldon, Bermondsey, Spartan Youths, St Francis Rangers and Pitshanger Dynamos. My understanding is that these 18 clubs were initially told that they weren’t eligible for hearings and it was determined that 9 were allowed and 9 weren’t allowed.
This list doesn’t include any appeals being heard for the clubs that are having hearings for being laterally transferred against their wishes. Blackstones for instance are having their hearing next Tuesday

Unicorn

Reserve Team Sub
The tweet that Ollie Bayliss posted yesterday, only corresponds to the 9 clubs who weren’t moved from any league’s and think it’s unfair that they’ve remained in their current league’s. All 9 will get a hearing now & they’re:
Ardley Utd, Amersham, AFC Hinckley, Brislington, Clevedon, Easington Sports, London Tigers, Milton Utd and Wallingford.
There are 9 clubs that won’t get a hearing and this is because they weren’t upwardly moved and have been told to apply for rule K arbitration and they’re:
Boro Rangers, Upper Beeding, Sudbury Sports, FC St Helen’s, Boldon, Bermondsey, Spartan Youths, St Francis Rangers and Pitshanger Dynamos. My understanding is that these 18 clubs were initially told that they weren’t eligible for hearings and it was determined that 9 were allowed and 9 weren’t allowed.
This list doesn’t include any appeals being heard for the clubs that are having hearings for being laterally transferred against their wishes. Blackstones for instance are having their hearing next Tuesday
Sorry to be a bit thick but what powers apply with the rule K arbitration.
Can any of these 9 clubs be granted the upward movement they requested.

windydcfc

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Sorry to be a bit thick but what powers apply with the rule K arbitration.
Can any of these 9 clubs be granted the upward movement they requested.
From what I’ve been told, it’ll cost the clubs £300 just to go to arbitration. I understand that the arbitrator would be from another sport and could be held at Wembley for instance. Usually 2 league officials from the league the clubs want to be elevated into are invited to attend and their costs is £600. There’s the cost of the venue, arbitrator and legal team. Obviously if the club’s win their arbitration, they don’t have to pay. But if they lose, then they’ll face costs in the £1000’s. So I doubt any feeder league clubs have got a spare £10k in their sky rocket to gamble on winning an arbitration.
If 1 of the clubs has a sugar daddy that’s prepared to gamble and they win. I assume they’ll be promoted/elevated to the next level.

paulh66

First Team Star
Team{s}
Tranmere, South Liverpool
Just to add about the process behind IOM's switch back, as reported by the NWCL from its AGM today:

"It was confirmed that FC Isle of Man had requested to the League Board that they be placed in Division One South rather than Division One North for logistical reasons as they look to get established in the NWCFL. The FA had given the league permission to do this should a decision be made by the board to do so. This had been approved and FC Isle of Man will commence 2021-22 season in Division One South."

Sarumio Whites

Reserve Team Hopeful
Just to add about the process behind IOM's switch back, as reported by the NWCL from its AGM today:

"It was confirmed that FC Isle of Man had requested to the League Board that they be placed in Division One South rather than Division One North for logistical reasons as they look to get established in the NWCFL. The FA had given the league permission to do this should a decision be made by the board to do so. This had been approved and FC Isle of Man will commence 2021-22 season in Division One South."
Basically allowed because Wem Town resigned right?

Ellisref

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Wrexham and a general look out for some of the friendly teams I've been observing at around the country.
Hot off the press from the latest Wessex League newsletter

"There are still some issues to be resolved regarding the constitution of Division One which should be resolved in the next few days which should then allow these fixtures to be published in the next 7 to 10 days."

Brightside

Reserve Team Starter
Hot off the press from the latest Wessex League newsletter

"There are still some issues to be resolved regarding the constitution of Division One which should be resolved in the next few days which should then allow these fixtures to be published in the next 7 to 10 days."
I'm not really sure what changes the could make with the Wessex Division 1, there's probably 2 teams who would rather be in the Conbined Counties 1 but there at least a dozen teams who would like to move to the CC1.

windydcfc

Reserve Team Sub
Team{s}
Blackstones have had their appeal heard and were told they would receive an answer within 24 hours. They then received an email saying that they wouldn’t get an answer until next week. They said that they would post the outcome on their Twitter and Pitchero site’s, as soon as they know. They mentioned that Bourne were in the same position.

Karen Browne

Youth Team Sub
We have been advised by The FA that the result of the numerous Appeals against allocation of clubs to Leagues, following the restructure, will not be announced before Friday 25th June.

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock