Laurie Craker (Chelsea, Watford, Hayes, Walton & H. et al)

Pawn Of Prophecy

Junior Team Regular
Walton & Hersham have tweeted that their former manager Laurie Craker has passed away.

Laurie played for, coached and managed many clubs in the West London area. He was a larger than life character who always made his presence felt in whatever capacity he was attending the match.

Bagman

Youth Team Hopeful
Laurie Craker was a blond-haired, hard-tackling midfielder. He lived at High Wycombe and worked with his father in the thatching trade. He started in football as an apprentice with Chelsea and spent four years there before going to South Africa for 9 months. On his return he joined Watford and played 98 first-team games in 3½ seasons. Towards the end he spent 3 months on loan to Dartford. He was dogged by injuries and illness at Vicarage Road, sustaining a broken leg, followed by jaundice which kept him out for 12 months. He joined Hayes in August 1977, at the age of 24, but enjoyed better health in a run of four seasons, which saw him make 182+2 appearances and score 8 goals. During this time he was selected for an FA XI. Surprisingly released in August 1981, he went to Staines, followed by Chesham United, Maidenhead and Chalfont. He was later manager of Chesham, Windsor, Chalfont St Peter, whom he helped win Isthmian Division 2 South, Walton & Hersham and Flackwell Heath in February 2004.

leohoenig

Forum Admin
Staff member
Team{s}
Cheltenham Town
I did not keep records in those days, but I know I saw Craker play for Hayes, and later saw some of the teams he was managing.

Jaundiced Hack

Junior Team Hopeful
Team{s}
Watford FC, Bridgwater Town FC Club Secretary
He broke his leg at Crystal Palace during a 5-1 defeat for the Hornets. Had a good career in non League football. RIP

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

Polite request!

NLM relies on advertising to pay the bills to stay online . Could I ask that you disable your AdBlocker for this site. Alternatively if you are a registered user you can remove all ads and get other benefits for as little as £1.50 a month. Just go to your Profile and click on Account Upgrades. Most visitors will see this message only once per visit...... Thanks

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks